Thieving Neighbors

SilasLove

Mom of 4
Reaction score
Such craziness at our house today! Basically, I bought the kids a $10 children's pool a few weeks back, and I eventually planned on getting them a better/bigger one, but had not decided completely as the $10 pool serves it's purpose. Anyway! Today it suddenly came up missing. Which, okay, at first I thought it had blown away, so I went looking around to find it. Well, as I do I notice the neighbors a couple houses down on their deck playing in a pool that, get this, looks just like our missing one!

Okay, so I try to give the benefit of doubt here and think well maybe they bought one. The kids and I take ourselves to our backyard, and I let them play around a bit. Suddenly, our neighbors are scrambling to cover up the pool and put things in front of it to try and block it from our view. This seriously pisses me off, as they have stolen from my kids with no plans to return. I mean, I was even letting myself believe that perhaps it had blown in their yard or SOMETHING. Once they started trying to hide it though, I chose to involve the police. I mean, they are stealing from a 2 and 3 year old here!

Alright, so I involve the police and he goes over to speak with them. They say they bought the pool yesterday at a store in town and ladeda. The police take their story, he comes back to me and alright, though I am pretty sure it's our pool I can't really go over and take it back. I decide to go to said store and have a look. Turns out they do not sell the pool brand, and don't even have a green pool in stock at their store, never have. Thankfully the police officer was on the same page as me and had went to the store as well. Anyhow, I have the receipt and original package for the pool from when I bought it, so I have all the proof. (Plus pictures of my kids in pool and such) well, he can't just go take it I guess so he was going to investigate further and I just figured I would buy the kids a new pool with plans of sneaking over and popping that pool because they are scum to me at this point.

Well, life goes on and I work nights and since I spent all afternoon with that I had to take a shower and leave for work. Well, just about an hour or so ago our pool mysteriously shows up in our yard! Lmao. It's crazy, and in the dead of night they brought it back. In the end, my kids will have their swimming pool tomorrow and all will move on but it's just craziness to me!

Wtf!!who does that.did they not realise your we're going to see it.that seems so strange to me.i would maybe be confronting them!

Omg :haha: Total thieving nutters! Hope you let the policeman know it showed up!

if they were short on money etc they could have just asked ot borrow it sometime. crazy people

That is crazy! Can't believe they stole your pool!

Probably once the police got involved, they felt really stupid for stealing a ten dollar kid's pool. And were either too embarrassed, or too scared of being yelled at, to return it to you directly.

That's nuts. Who does that? I agree about asking to borrow it. I wouldn't find it weird if a neighbour came over and said "I know this might seem a little odd but we noticed you had a little pool and the kids are getting a little jealous and asking for one but we're a bit stuck for money at the moment, would you mind awfully if we could just borrow it for a few hours one day?" If they seemed nice enough people I might even invite the kids over to play in it if they asked. But stealing it is just not on!!! It's insane and mind boggling. Especially putting it somewhere where you could see it. Who thinks I know I'll steal something from a few doors down and put it somewhere they can see it, I bet I get away with it! Stupid people.

I would have definitely let them borrow it, it is only a little 65in pool so easily could be transferred from our yard to theirs and back. They just have a little baby girl whom I don't think but maybe a year old. It was madness for me to be involving the police over $10 property, but I was just completely bothered by it. They knew it was our pool because they have driven/walked by while kids were outside playing.

In the end, we all have to move on. But I wonder to myself if they are petty enough to steal a small pool for my children, then what else are they likely to steal? Makes you really think!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->