Thin Milky-White Cervical Mucus

Cleopatra211

Reaction score
This is my first month ttc and I am 5 dpo today and I haven't been feeling anything other than a some mild cramps on and off.
I just noticed that I have a milky-like discharge and I am wondering if anyone had that and if it has any indications.
Thanks

I've been some of the same, but not sure what it means. I'm currently 12dpo. Sorry I'm not much help!:shrug:

I've been some of the same, but not sure what it means. I'm currently 12dpo. Sorry I'm not much help!:shrug:

Its very weird. I havent experienced that before and I am afraid that it might indicate some kind of infection. I hope someone could help.
Thank you though and we'll have to wait and see if someone had that before

I had experienced this kind of discharge last cycle which was very unusual for me ..so I did research so most of the time its a good sign but sometimes it indicates arrival of af...( I dont want to disappoint you guys ) just want to share my experience...later on I got af...so GL and i hope this is a good sign for you guys ...lots of baby dust

Thanks Tulip, I dont think AF is arriving yet as I am 5 DPO, but I don't think that I am pregnant either to be honest. So I'll just have to wait and see.

Thanks

Thanks Tulip, I dont think AF is arriving yet as I am 5 DPO, but I don't think that I am pregnant either to be honest. So I'll just have to wait and see.

Thanks

you're wc hun...and another thing I would like to add that this time I had period for 3 days for the first time and now am having same kind of discharge but somewhat stretchy...I hope af stays away for 9 months...GL :thumbup::dust::dust::dust:

Sadly, after ovulation, CM is a terrible indicator of, well, anything. During the luteal phase, there is a secondary surge of estrogen and fluctuating progesterone. Some women also have a secondary surge of LH. Because all of these different hormones come and go during the luteal phase, CM can vary dramatically from day to day, stay the same, or completely dry up. It all depends on your personal hormone balance and how these hormones choose to behave in any given cycle. The only time CM can give an indication is at the end of the luteal phase in non-pregnant women. During this time, progesterone drops and estrogen may rise, which in some cases may cause the cervix to become mucous, producing watery or egg white CM in the day or two before AF.

Sadly, after ovulation, CM is a terrible indicator of, well, anything. During the luteal phase, there is a secondary surge of estrogen and fluctuating progesterone. Some women also have a secondary surge of LH. Because all of these different hormones come and go during the luteal phase, CM can vary dramatically from day to day, stay the same, or completely dry up. It all depends on your personal hormone balance and how these hormones choose to behave in any given cycle. The only time CM can give an indication is at the end of the luteal phase in non-pregnant women. During this time, progesterone drops and estrogen may rise, which in some cases may cause the cervix to become mucous, producing watery or egg white CM in the day or two before AF.

Thank you. That is alot of very useful info.
My concern was that it indicated some kind of infection or something. I didnt think it meant pregnancy as i am only 6 dpo today.

Ah, thanks for the clarification. Discharge is normal during the luteal phase and most often shows up as watery to creamy white cervical mucus or sticky, "snotty" globules, though there are many types of CM that can show up and this will vary from woman to woman and cycle to cycle.

Discharge related to infection can have a bad smell to it and generally is accompanied by burning, itching, swelling, or some other symptom. This discharge can often have a yellowish or beige-ish tint to it, and can be lumpy like cottage cheese or curdling milk.

Since you're not far past ovulating, it's probably just ovulation discharge.

Thanks girls!! I think af is on it's way. As it was my first cycle, I'm noticing things I never paid attention to before - like CM. I'm still learning what is normal for my cycles :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->