Things are finally getting started :D

Ashlee B x

Teejay N Kaycie
Reaction score
Me and OH was just having a browse thought the good ol' ebay haha and came across this crib bedding set

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI...18104212&category=20420&_trksid=p5197.c0.m619

Its all handmade and couldnt believe how cheap it was for what you get! We went into mothercare today and didnt find any crib bedding and only one cot bedding set (which i didnt want lol) so was gettin frustrated. Am defo gona buy this later, and then works starts on decorating the nursery soon as OH comes home from golf:haha:

Eeek soo excited! the room is starting to look like a nursery at long last with all the junk coming out and all baby bits goin in :happydance::happydance:

Pointless thread but just thought id share my excitement :thumbup:

I can't wait to actively start buying stuff for Beanie!! I keep trying to figure out when it isn't 'too early' to start buying. I know everyone has their own views, I just think I'll end up doing it much later...xox

I started around 7 weeks hehe. We dont have lots of spare money and started buyin sooner rather than later so its not a big expense at one go x

That's what I should be doing. We've been looking online at loads of things but haven't bought anything bigger than a few bibs, scratch mits and a bath wrap. We were given the most beautiful moses basket and rocker by my cousin and his wife but that's as far as it goes. I wanted to start buying stuff around Christmas but, now Christmas is so close, it seems too soon. I've had the travel system picked out for 2years - I think that will be our biggest purhase.xox

This is our second and as we only have a two bed we are having to make a second nursery area in the corner of our room. I'm still really excited tho I remember how exciting it was doing joshuas nursery probably cos it was only in January :blush: it will be easy if it's a boy but if it's a girl I will have to buy everything new eek! So exciting!!!

Enjoy doing your babies room hun what a fab way to spend a Sunday! XxX

Gah! I'm so jealous! I want to paint Harrison's room! But we have to wait until we move :( we think we have found the right house, now just to finalise everything :happydance: but it still might not be until after Xmas now... Then we'll have the whole "sorting boxes out" thing to do again... Which no doubt will take a life time! Only just sorted out THIS house and we have to move again >.<

That is a gorgeous bedding set though! Very cute :D

XxX

Aww it is great getting all the stuff sorted!! Its really exciting seeing things coming together. I used to go through DD's clothes like mad before she was born making sure she had everything she needed.

This is our second but this time around we're having a boy so we've all new clothes to buy, most of DD's things were fairly neutral so we don't have any big purchases to make. I've been picking up little bits of clothes here and there, we're near an outlet centre so we've some next and gap clothes which were greatly reduced :thumbup: I've used my tesco double vouchers to get loads of vests, socks, some sleepsuits, a little outfit, soft cardigan and hat which was great as it was free yay!! This month we'll buy a couple of packets of nappies, a new moses basket mattress, we don't need a new cotbed mattress as DD didn't really use it. Then I'll just keep picking up some bits of clothes and some new small baby toys (I can't find most of DD's for some reason) in Jan & Feb. We need another baby monitor as baby will be in our room for 6 months and then into his own so I guess that is the biggest buy we have.

Yeah this is my 2nd too so some of my big things i already had, like buggy travel ssytem and moses basket and crib was given to us as its a family airloom thingy lol
Oooh i cant wait i have to have everything organised weeks in advance as you never no when baby will come hehe

I'm really enjoying putting the nursery together. Got the cot bed and mattress and a rocking chair already and we've painted it. The rest of the furniture is coming in two weeks time and I'm picking up bedding and curtains this week, I used the clubcard double exchange as well to get all my sheets and a pair of curtains. Then all I have to do is my nursery theme and work out what clothes we are missing. The only other big thing I need to buy for outside the nursery is the car seat.

Aww wow seems alot of people have been using tesco clubcard points for buyin stuff... maybe i shuda got some hehe. But they got a sale on atm neway so got some stuff really cheap. Ive seen the cot bedding i want from there well tesco direct, its £44.95 and its gorgeous hehe.

OH was askin me if we had all the stuff we needed for her first few weeks, well considering this is my 2nd, i actually have no clue lol.I still feel so unprepared and i dont no why lol. Maybe it co her room isnt anywhere near finished?!

eBay, best invention, ever! We also got one of those asda Christmas cards where you can put money in the card when you want. So when it comes to buying lots of little things we can just use that too.

I am using tesco clubcard exchange too! We have £38 worth of points... so £76 when doubled :) We're buying our cot bed next week, it was meant to be £150 but is reduced to £99 so we don't have much to pay :)

I feel like it's too early to start buying big things... but this is such a bargain I don't want to miss it!

Wow thats not aa bad price at all for your cot! n no way never too early to buy your cot esph when you see such a bargain like that lol.

Im finding it so hard to find crib sheets grrr, seems as tho my mattress is an odd size altho its from mothercare. All the sizes are 50x80 but mines 40x90 so thats too big so frustrating

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->