things for baby

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by junemomma09, Apr 22, 2009.

1. junemomma09

I was wondering about this.....i know i have loads of questions today:blush: ....what all should be bought beforehand to put in the pantry for baby???

i thought I should buy some of the rice cereal and some applesauce baby food type stuff...but OH thinks I shouldnt bother buying those things yet. I just want to be well stocked and prepared......any ideas??

2. Char&Bump-x

Char&Bump-x Me and her

You probably wont be using that stuff for quite a while so i would wait, not sure how long the dates last on them, but they will be sat there for months so is there much point buying them yet? xx

3. junemomma09

well, i guess im just the type of person that likes to be prepared and stock up. i know he wont be eating it for a while....but we are cleaning out one of the cabinets to put all his things in there, bottles, nipples, spoons, etc.....just seeing what everyone else is stocking up on...

4. NoSpringChick

NoSpringChick Well-Known Member

I've got plates, bowels and cutlery and sippy cups but I wouldnt buy food yet. You've got 8 months + untill you'll be onto food - check the dates and I'd rather buy as fresh as I could nearer the time :hugs:
    i'm a preparer too, hence why I have clothes upto aged 5 - some of us are just like that ;)

eta that should read bowls not bowels (I am obsessed with bowels!!)

5. Ravelyn

Ravelyn Well-Known Member

Rice cereal you might be safe to buy as it is considered an non-parishable item. Applesauce not so much. But definitely look at the dates before buying.
    You can start your baby on soft foods as early as 6 months.

Hubby and I want to stock up on everything as well, but we were told not to buy a single item until after the baby shower. So we are waiting.... none to patiently I might add :>