Things I have for Baby so far... Anything Ive missed?

Plumfairy

Mum-mum-mum-mum
Reaction score
This is what I have for baby so far... (clothes wise) I know I still need other bits and bobs, but always forget the important things when I go shopping and end up buying yet another cute outfit... Have been buyin bigger now though as my newborn/0-3month wardrobe is pretty much overflowing... Heres what I have...

NEWBORN/0-3MNTHS

SLEEPSUITS (COTTON) - 12
SLEEPSUITS (SOFTY ONES) - 6
BODYSUITS - 13
DRESSES - 3
LONG SLEEVED TOPS - 6
LEGGINGS/TROUSERS - 2
SKIRTS - 3
TIGHTS - 4
HATS - 3
SOCKS - 15
COATS - 1
SHOES - 2 (got booty/slipper things too)
SCRATCH MITTS - 2
CARDIGANS - 2 (lots more knitted ones from granny too, but only these two i really like)
COTTON BIBS - 8
PLASTIC BIB WITH POCKET -1
SLEEPING BAGS - 4 (some are bigger and will last up to 6 months or more even...)

Does anybody see anything I've missed that I will desperately need clothing wise?? I plan to get a snowsuit type thing for when we're out and about so baby is nice and snug!

Youve got alot of things, IM going to have to look at your list and go shopping LOL Ive only got sum clothes, cloths, a blankey, crib, changing table and a carseat lol I have to get ALOT more things but i dunno what I need :p

I think Ive got too much stuff.. Just aquired it out of nowhere!! All bargains though, soi havent spent tooo much on clothes... Im very aware that she'll just grow out of them so quickly.

Ive also bought..

Nursery set (Cot, Wardrobe, Draws and changer top)
Moses basket
Cot sheets
Muslin squares
Pram Blankets
Dummies (only for emergencies)

Am on the lookout for a pram now... think ive decided which one i want, but im too frightened to order it incase i'll have changed my mind by feb.... hahah!!

PS there should be a manual where they tell you EXACTLY what you need in preperation for your LO's arrival!!!

I AGREE with you!! lol Im so lost with what to buy LOL Im jelous youve got so much stuff lol :p

PS there should be a manual where they tell you EXACTLY what you need in preperation for your LO's arrival!!!

ok this is gonna sound really stupid but i've started byuing a few bits and bobs and was looking through the mothercare catalogue and got completely confused :blush:

sleepsuits are the all in one and cover the feet and everything right?
Do they go straight over the nappy?

Bodysuits can be long and short sleeved and cover just the nappy area right?
Ok, main question is.... does it go over or under the nappy?? sounds weird but im sure i read in the catalogue it goes under the nappy :shock: wont that get filthy?? Im prob just having a really dumb moment.... but thought id ask.... just in case :blush:

And is baby meant to wear something over the bodysuit then? i mean obviously if its cold, but otherwise if out and about???

I highly Recommand LOTS and LOTS of White Onesies, I recommand white as its easier to get stains out then the colour ones, And you'll be shocked at how many blowouts you'll have...

General Clothing:
6 or more side snap shirts
8-10 bodysuits or “onesies” The more the merrier
2-3 layette gowns
5-7 one piece pajamas (sleepers)
6 pairs of pants
1 snow suit (if season permits)
1 sweater

Shoes and Hats:
2 newborn hat (for warmth, and to hide your baby’s football-shaped head…you’ll see)
4 bootie sets (they are small, you’ll lose them before the end of the week)

Additional Clothing:
1-3 cotton baby blanket
3 dozen diapers minimum
12 burp cloths
20 receiving blankets

2-3 layette gowns
6 pairs of pants

:dohh: oh god, im even more confused, doesn't take much these days (or ever, thnkng about it)

ok this is gonna sound really stupid but i've started byuing a few bits and bobs and was looking through the mothercare catalogue and got completely confused :blush:

sleepsuits are the all in one and cover the feet and everything right?
Do they go straight over the nappy?

Bodysuits can be long and short sleeved and cover just the nappy area right?
Ok, main question is.... does it go over or under the nappy?? sounds weird but im sure i read in the catalogue it goes under the nappy :shock: wont that get filthy?? Im prob just having a really dumb moment.... but thought id ask.... just in case :blush:

And is baby meant to wear something over the bodysuit then? i mean obviously if its cold, but otherwise if out and about???

Sleepsuits are the all in one and DO cover the feet, They go over the nappie.

Bodysuits can be long or short sleeved and go over the nappie area

Usually If your in the house Nothing has to go over the bodysuit, unless your feeding or putting to sleep might cover up with blankie, and of course if you go out adn about pants are usually a good thing to go over the legs.

2-3 layette gowns
6 pairs of pants

:dohh: oh god, im even more confused, doesn't take much these days (or ever, thnkng about it)

Dont worry, that confused me too... I think we have different names for things in this country... As for your question... They would defo go OVER the nappies... Would be no point in wearing nappies otherwise haha!! Yes sleepsuits are the all in ones.. mostly they cover the feet, but some ive seen have the feet cut off, and bodysuits are short legs (button up over nappy with either long or short arms)

I think Bodysuits are mainly to wear under things, but i gues if it was warm baby could just wear it like that with a pair of leggings or something...

Its confusing isnt it!!! I figured its better to have too many than not enough though, and ive got my favourite items that will probably get worn more often! :)

WOW plumfairy youre very organised!!

well up until last night i wasnt at all and all the clothes were piling up in the spare room so now i've arranged them into size and piled them up neatly ready to go :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: yess.... i was reaaalllyyy bored!!!! hahah!!

well up until last night i wasnt at all and all the clothes were piling up in the spare room so now i've arranged them into size and piled them up neatly ready to go :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: yess.... i was reaaalllyyy bored!!!! hahah!!

All my LO stuff is still all on the bed in the spare room!!
im going to sort it all out this week when we do the nursery!! I need to be more organised me thinks :D xx

All my LO stuff is still all on the bed in the spare room!!
im going to sort it all out this week when we do the nursery!! I need to be more organised me thinks :D xx

Do you have your furniture yet? I've ordered mine but still hasnt arrived, and i REAAAALLLY want to hang everything up and put it all away.. at the moment all my stuff is in the moses basket an it weighs a ton!!

:happydance: Thanks ladies, i was having a really dim moment but when i read the mothercare catalogue about bodysuits going under nappy i was like omg! The mess! :shock:

So say i was to go to a shopping centre... can i take it out in a sleepsuit or is that like going out in a pyjama? :blush: 8-[

I have the cot and chester draws i just have to buy the wardrobe from ikea this week then im gunna put everything in them at weekend :D Ill beable to see what i have and havnt got then clothes wise for LO!!

Hey hun, ur very organised, can I recommend buying some more bibs though :rofl: I used to go through eight in an hour with DS - he was a sicky baby though :rofl:

I think I've got everything ready, just need a nice pink cosy toes for the pram/pushchair as mine is blue. Keeping an eye out for a nice one.

I bid on a load of stuff from ebay and have saved me a fortune. I had a massive pile of 0-6 months clothes, a swing, bouncer chair and electric breast pump for £30. Everything is immaculate - now the baby's chest of drawers is overflowing :rofl:

Hey hun, ur very organised, can I recommend buying some more bibs though :rofl: I used to go through eight in an hour with DS - he was a sicky baby though :rofl:

I think I've got everything ready, just need a nice pink cosy toes for the pram/pushchair as mine is blue. Keeping an eye out for a nice one.

I bid on a load of stuff from ebay and have saved me a fortune. I had a massive pile of 0-6 months clothes, a swing, bouncer chair and electric breast pump for £30. Everything is immaculate - now the baby's chest of drawers is overflowing :rofl:

Really?? More bibs?? wow ok I'll go and buy some more.. I've got alot of my stuff off ebay too... really good condition. some things have never been worn and i've got them for pennies, literally... and guess what... Im bidding on a pink cosytoes on ebay too :) a small one for carseat and bigger one for pushchair... :) :) They are soo expensive to buy new.. some like £60!!! Do you think i should buy bottles just incase?? Im planning to breasfeed, but so you think it'd be a god idea to get some just incase?

You are sooo organised!!!! You have me worried now, I haven't bought anything yet. Think I need to get my ass down to the shops pronto!!:rofl:

:happydance: Thanks ladies, i was having a really dim moment but when i read the mothercare catalogue about bodysuits going under nappy i was like omg! The mess! :shock:

So say i was to go to a shopping centre... can i take it out in a sleepsuit or is that like going out in a pyjama? :blush: 8-[

hmm im not entirely sure... I guess it would be ok! As long as babys snug and warm! :) Im a first timer so not really sure if it the "done" thing to take your baby out in a sleepsuit!! I dont see a problem with it myself... whatevers most practical i guess!! chances are it'll get covered in sick and have to be changed anyway!!! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->