Things I have for Baby so far... Anything Ive missed?

You are sooo organised!!!! You have me worried now, I haven't bought anything yet. Think I need to get my ass down to the shops pronto!!:rofl:

Yes but i started buying at like 12 weeks.. silly really because im already looking at 1yr olds clothes as ive got all my baby stuff!! I really could open a shop!!

I haven't even started buying anything for the baby yet - I guess I'm still waiting for it to sink in. I've still got a good few months to go though, so should be okay.

Sleepsuits are perfect for night-time and around the house, especially when they are newborn.

Babygrows are like vests that button up over the nappy - in the UK we generally put nappy on first, then babygrow, then sleepsuit or dress or top and trousers.

I didn't keep that much clothes from baby #1 so will have to start over again. Your list is good but one thing I remember sending my family out to get when I was still in hospital are scratch mitts!! Our newborn son scratched his face so much for the first week, so he had to wear mitts to stop him from hurting himself.

Other than that, you're good to go!

I have the cot and chester draws i just have to buy the wardrobe from ikea this week then im gunna put everything in them at weekend :D Ill beable to see what i have and havnt got then clothes wise for LO!!

aaw exciting stuff!! :) i want my wardrobe now!! :hissy:

thanks spoo... i have got a couple of pairs of scratch mitts (think theyre on the list??) but will get more!!! :)

I wouldn't panic too much about the bottles hun, if breastfeeding doesn't work out for you or you want to start expressing you can always pick some up when you need them. It's not as if it's going to be a split decision where you need them right there and then, and if you do, 24 hour supermarkets are the answer :rofl:

I bet we've been bidding against each other on ebay :rofl: Are you the evil one that outbids me at that last second?!!!!

I wouldn't panic too much about the bottles hun, if breastfeeding doesn't work out for you or you want to start expressing you can always pick some up when you need them. It's not as if it's going to be a split decision where you need them right there and then, and if you do, 24 hour supermarkets are the answer :rofl:

I bet we've been bidding against each other on ebay :rofl: Are you the evil one that outbids me at that last second?!!!!

:dohh: I HOPE NOT!!! hahahah!! Ive seriosuly had some really beautiful dresses for like £1! Ebay is definately the way forward, and then once bab has grown out of them they'll be straight back on there! :)

I shant bother with bottles then.. can always send somebody off to tescos if needs be! :)

have you got breastpads yet? if you are successful at BFing then you will need HUNDREDS!! might be worth starting to get some in now. I personally would buy bottles because you might want to express as i did when you go out but you will need a steriliser as well.

this may help then. its a thread about where to buy 100 breastpads for a penny (max 600 per customer)

https://www.babyandbump.com/shop-til-you-drop/65175-100-breast-pads-penny.html
or direct link:
https://www.breastfeedingheaven.co.uk/cat_saleItems.html

i just went on it but the postage costs a fair whack.. will look in tescos! :) x

wow you're prepared I reckon, only thing I'd suggest is if your using reusuable nappies you could start getting them now too as they can be quite expensive to buy but once you have them - thats you. :)

Lots of maternity towels for you as u will get through loads!!

I have some nappies.. One box... free gift from asdas along with some wipes... Ohs mum had bought cotton wool, baby shampoo etc so i wont know whats missing from that side of things until she hands them over haha!! Will get more nappies though!! I want to use re-usables, but i think i'll attempt that a bit further down ther line when we're living somewhere with enough space to dry lots of nappies every day!! :)

ok this is gonna sound really stupid but i've started byuing a few bits and bobs and was looking through the mothercare catalogue and got completely confused :blush:

sleepsuits are the all in one and cover the feet and everything right?
Do they go straight over the nappy?

Bodysuits can be long and short sleeved and cover just the nappy area right?
Ok, main question is.... does it go over or under the nappy?? sounds weird but im sure i read in the catalogue it goes under the nappy :shock: wont that get filthy?? Im prob just having a really dumb moment.... but thought id ask.... just in case :blush:

And is baby meant to wear something over the bodysuit then? i mean obviously if its cold, but otherwise if out and about???

:rofl::rofl:
Nappy first, then bodysuit (vest), then babygro/sleepsuit, or outfit. I dont mean to laugh at you horribly, its just that us that have been mums before take it all as common knowledge, now I understand why my friend who has just had twins keeps calling me up with really obscure questions every 5 mins. :hugs:

I'd get more bibs so you don't have to do laundry all the time, and extra burp cloths. We go through at least 6 of each a day.

Seriously, i have had ZERO experience with babies, no one i know has had babies, or i've just not been too interested :blush:

Cheers for that girls, just been out and bought 7 bodysuits :happydance:

Bought a book for the basics, but there's some really random questions that i feel silly asking people i know..... i got so much to learn... poor baby... :blush:

ok this is gonna sound really stupid but i've started byuing a few bits and bobs and was looking through the mothercare catalogue and got completely confused :blush:

sleepsuits are the all in one and cover the feet and everything right?
Do they go straight over the nappy?

Bodysuits can be long and short sleeved and cover just the nappy area right?
Ok, main question is.... does it go over or under the nappy?? sounds weird but im sure i read in the catalogue it goes under the nappy :shock: wont that get filthy?? Im prob just having a really dumb moment.... but thought id ask.... just in case :blush:

And is baby meant to wear something over the bodysuit then? i mean obviously if its cold, but otherwise if out and about???

:rofl:....it's awful being a 1st timer isn't it?:dohh:

I barely remember now

Bodysuit is a "vest" basically and "sleepsuit" is a babygro or pyjamas in my house:hugs:

Let me know if I can translate anymore for you:baby:

So is it the 'done' thing to take a baby out in a sleep suit? cos looking around in mothercare today there aren't many different outfits to choose from if you don't know baby's sex.... mostly just sleepsuits? :blush:

So is it the 'done' thing to take a baby out in a sleep suit? cos looking around in mothercare today there aren't many different outfits to choose from if you don't know baby's sex.... mostly just sleepsuits? :blush:

You can do babe but most people dress them in outfits in the day nowadays....I only take a babygro and vest as spare clothes though....not a whole outfit

I tend to use babygros as pyjamas, you will prob get so many outfits as presents she/he will end up with more clothes than you. My baby girl has got more than me already! :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->