Things men don't understand......

Pato

Reaction score
about our pregnancies..... add yours.....

Men don't understand why women gripe so much about being pregnant bcos it's a natural thing...what's wrong with us.....

they don't understand why we don't have the energy to stand and cook dinner for them when we're 9mnths pregnant, have swollen feet, back pains, spotting, and irregular contractions while they sit watching tv or chatting on the phone offering no help whatsoever....bcos pregnancy is a natural thing...what's wrong with us....

Or...why we western women are so 'soft' that we can't bear a bit of pain while women in third world countries have babies all the time while out working in the fields bcos pregnancy is a natural thing (of course they never hear about their mortality rate)....what's wrong with us....

I know how you feel hun.I just wish once in a while that OH would give me a hand.Sometimes I can manage on my own but often Im tired and sore.I asked him ONE night to help me with the dishes and he wouldnt!!Makes me mad.xxx

that although to them their mother is the fountain of all knowledge, actually she gets it wrong a lot, to them their mother is helping us, to us she is just interfering!!

caz81 - very, very true!! Im sick of hearing 'well my mum says you should do this....' Grrr!!

I hate that men dont understand that sometimes, just sometimes, when we are enormous and feeling like a beached whale that we really dont feel like sex. Or that when the baby is moving a lot it puts us off (that might just be me, mind). There are loads, i'll be back with more!!

hmmm my oh has been quite good...but he moans that I dont walk fast enough...

things that men dont understand... That yes I have got bigger and need more room in the bed! Stay on your side! Stop hogging mine too!

........................why they are always tarnished with the same brush!

I wait on my girlfriend hand and foot. She Is 35 weeks and 4 days pregnant. If I had it my way she wouldn't lift a finger.

I think your just bitter that your with the wrong man!

:happydance:

Yep they so dont understand, my fob says to me why does it take u so long to get up of the sofa, or why do u always need the loo, or why are you happy one min and not the nxt etc etc they just dont have a clue aghhhh, id like to see a man carry a baby for 9 months and then give birth to a melon through a pin hole and then see what they say :haha:

Krustymiller- my man is very good! And even offers to drive me to work and back as he doesnt like me too! (although I refuse on that!)

The only thing that annoys me is the bed thing!

Everyone is very envious of my man- sorry ladies lol

Oh & well done for being such a good boyfriend!

I wait on my girlfriend hand and foot. She Is 35 weeks and 4 days pregnant. If I had it my way she wouldn't lift a finger.

I agree not all men are the same...as I said before mines good i dont do ANYTHING lol

my husband has been absolutely wonderful - he works as an apprentice electrician all day and then comes home, makes dinner, and takes care of putting dishes in the dishwasher (had to give up that task when PGP started acting up). He helps me put my socks and boots on, goes out to get whatever I have a craving for, painted the nursery when it's the thing he hates doing most.... I could go on... There are little things that he doesn't quite get, but all the things he does more than makes up for it. But to add to the list:

- that it's perfectly normal to have a complete mental breakdown about what kind of diapers to get
- that constantly saying "you'll be fine" when I'm venting concerns about labour doesn't help... even though that's his intention (he did admit that he's terrified as well)

it really annoys me that unless my OH thinks im in labour he will just get back to doing what ever he is doing grrr :growlmad:
He also moans that i dnt walk fast enough and cant walk that far without needing a quick sit down grrr

Mines good.. I just wish he understood why i moan all the time, why in not in the mood for him to be draped across me all the time and why i cant walk fast, cant bend down and struggle to get up off couch. Just a little understanding!x

me an my husband had an argument recently as he works mon-fri 8-5.30 and i started maternity leave at 32 weeks, we had the health visitor due to come round and he had a go at me cos i didnt clean the house from top to bottom and he had to come home from work and hoover up! he went completely mental saying he didnt complain that i finished work so early (32wk) and he didnt complain that once or twice i didnt wash the pots or that i didnt go to the super market but this day he just lost it! i can barely get to the sink to wash up, it hurts my tummy yet i still do it. his dinner is always ready for when he comes home from work yet he still walks in the door and asks what have i done all day!
sorry to rant but it feels good to get that out!!

My partner is lovely and very understanding and does everything for me, more or less :)
but he will put everything on my hormones.. whatever goes wrong its always '' thats just your hormones talking darling ''... um no... sometimes its you being a complete tit!! =D

It's because they are socialized to think about women and pregnant women a certain way because we still live in a sexist society...I mean just look at the media and other generations of men and how pregnant women are portrayed (that we all gain tons of weight TOTALLY UNDER OUR CONTROL because we eat crap nonstop, complain over nothing, that we exaggerate small discomforts etc. etc.).

All men are different but they are often told that pregnant women are crazy and over-exaggerating by all sources around them, so the good ones just ignore that message!! I mean, how can they know how it feels- if everybody tells 'em we're just crazy and attention seeking, I guess it's hard not to believe what you hear!

I beg to differ my dear.....
first, this is not about "tarnishing men with the same brush" mind you.
second...it's not about being with the wrong man and being bitter...
There is absolutely nothing bitter about my relationship...I happen to have a wonderful husband thank you very much...
The point of the thread is for us ladies to share with each other things that men don't understand about us when we're pregnant. I genuinely believe that they don't understand what we are really going through at times...it's good that you wait on ur gf hand and foot, but they are alot of men out there who do not and don't understand what the big deal is to us.
Sometimes I hear the statement...and this is from men OTHER THAN my husband,...why is it that when women get pregnant they.....(whatever comes next) it is not all women who may feel nor do nor act in that way, but it's labelled as such.....Kudos to you for being perfect all the time and for totally understanding everything about ur gf's pregnacy and feelings and moods and why she has them....

My husband is great, I would hate it though if he did everythign for me I like to struggle on :rofl: he moans about my work being too hard on me etc, however the one thing he dies not understand and really who can blame him with all of the pregnancy modles not actually being pregnant but he cannot understand why I am not thin with a football shaped bump :wacko::shrug: I have tried to explain that they are not real and I was never thin in the first place but hey ho he thinks I should be neat I AM NOT :rofl:

We had a friend over the other day who has 2 lovely kids with his wife. He suggested that DH be there when I'm giving birth....says it gives men a good perspective of what women have to go thru and it increases their appreciation of their mates. i thought that was wonderful advice. He said they were lots of stuff he didn't understand b4 his wife had kids and he was greatful for the experiences. he now even understands more clearly the love of a mother for her children from observing his wife with their kids. I just think more needs to be done in effort on mens part to become better educated about pregnancy and not just wait until the gf or wife get's pregnant and try to wing it.
Simple things like why we walk so slowly, or why we stop when we have a stitch in our tummy or even what's a stitch in ur tummy mean...or more serious stuff like what's spd and how it effects us, or what's hyperemesis and it's effects or pre-eclampsia and not just chalk everything up to, your just pregnant ur not dying....I'm not saying that men are not caring of their mates, I'm saying they don't always understand stuff and make comments that make us want to kill them regardless of how sweet they've been at times....it's not just hormones....

My husband is great, I would hate it though if he did everythign for me I like to struggle on :rofl: he moans about my work being too hard on me etc, however the one thing he dies not understand and really who can blame him with all of the pregnancy modles not actually being pregnant but he cannot understand why I am not thin with a football shaped bump :wacko::shrug: I have tried to explain that they are not real and I was never thin in the first place but hey ho he thinks I should be neat I AM NOT :rofl:

That's funny..:haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"