Things that have surprised you about your pregnancy

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by katemarie, Apr 5, 2011.

1. katemarie

katemarie Mother of one and pregs

So I thought I'd start this thread as being my first I've felt quite surprised about how it has been in relation to what I thought it would be like!!

- That I didn't throw up that much at the beginning - although did feel quite rough and extremely tired!
    - That you really do start to feel better at around 14 weeks and boob soreness almost completely goes (well most of us lucky ladies)
    - That friends and family haven't touched my bump that much without asking and that I've not minded at all when they have, this was always something I thought I'd hate!
    - how much things change on a weekly basis, ie bump growth and the feeling of movements, from bubbles popping at 15/16 weeks to full on baby turns and movements from 29/30 weeks onwards
    - that I've been as paranoid about eating pasteurised and pregnancy safety foods all the way through, thought I'd have relaxed a bit by now!
    - that my boobs actually haven't grown that much, apparently that happens more to many of us ladies once milk comes!
    - that my cellulite isn't too much worse and weight gain not bad considering I eat a lot of chocolate, just have a slightly more saggy bum haha
    - how much I love pregnancy yoga, it has been a brilliant hour and a half a week of escapism, can't recommend it enough especially when all other hobbies tend to stop with pregnancy (ie i used to ice skate and sing!)
    - that I really can't see down below to do my lady garden, and that I really don't care even though hubbie laughs at it!
    - that I've been quite disciplined when it comes to baby clothes, still only bought one outfit
    - how much however that I've spent on baby magazines!! (and keep buying same one twice by accident, they all look the same lol)
    - that food has never tasted so good :)
    - discovering cramp for the first time, ouch, and still being a bit of a drama queen and thinking the worst, it wasn't dvt ;-)
    - that I haven't had heartburn... yet
    - that people on the tube are actually very considerate once you have a noticeable bump and as long as you get eye contact and smile, they will give you a seat!
    - that I have turned a blind eye to my husband having to erm do it himself, when I am not up for it more than about twice a month who can blame the guy!

I'm sure there are loads more but hey ho!! x

2. scrumpy78

scrumpy78 Pregnant Due April

That I've gone overdue. I was early with DD and everyone thought I'd be early this time.

3. Bocket

Bocket Well-Known Member

- How tired you get growing a person!
    - How horrible morning sickness can be (I still have mine!)
    - I thought I'd be more hormonal than I've been
    - That I managed to stay team yellow!
    - How fast things progress
    - How much the slightest thing can worry you
    - How little I've missed going out, drinking etc

4. lalalistic

lalalistic Mum to Poppy

Me too. My little girl was a day early! I thought I would be early again but nope.

5. Tiffa130

Tiffa130 first time mom

I'm surprised at the amount of throwing up I have done & it never went away.

I'm surprised that at 31 weeks I weigh less than I did when I got pregnant

I'm surprised I still fit prepregnancy clothes

I'm most surprised by the amount of personality my little girl has already, I am totally in love with her & can't wait to meet my bundle of love.

6. Tiffa130

Tiffa130 first time mom

I'm surprised at the amount of throwing up I have done & it never went away.

I'm surprised that at 31 weeks I weigh less than I did when I got pregnant

I'm surprised I still fit prepregnancy clothes

I'm most surprised by the amount of personality my little girl has already, I am totally in love with her & can't wait to meet my bundle of love.

7. BabyBoyNYC

BabyBoyNYC Well-Known Member

how easy everything has been compared to the horror stories everyone loves to tell you and what you see on t.v.

8. Emmy1987

Emmy1987 Mummy to a princess!

For me, the opposite! Even though it's been a relatively simple pregnancy so far, it's been horrible :( I'm just not enjoying it and can't wait to have her and be done with pregnancy :nope:

Feeling bad about the above!

I hadn't thought of not being able to do things, lifting etc and that's really got to me, I'm an independent person and I hate to ask for help!:dohh:

9. Cupkake.Luver

Cupkake.Luver Mommy to my Babbacakes!

I never had morning sickness. lol. I was dreading it when I first found out I got pregnant. I'd wake up, take a deep breath, and continue on my day. lol.

10. katemarie

katemarie Mother of one and pregs

I know what you mean about the lifting, I can't even carry the washing up the stairs and have started getting my food shopping delivered to the door!!

11. Mummy2006

Mummy2006 Well-Known Member

That no two pregnancies are the same !!!
    With my last baby I was 7 stone heavier than I am now I never had a problem for the whole nine months two weeks before the baby was born I was crawling around the wackie wearhouse play area with my nephew without a care in the world.
    With this baby I am 33 weeks in constant pain with my back and pelvis can hardly walk never mind play, keep having "funny turns" light headedness nausea nose bleeds with no explanation bp fine etc .
    I loved being pregnant with my first baby I cant wait for this baby to come so I can be pain free !!!
    Xxx