Think I have anaemia....

Donna79x

Mummy to Rihanna Paige x
Reaction score
..... the first week after giving birth I was real ill and MW came out nearly everyday to see me and check my BP as it was high.

I felt faint, washed out n cold.

Anyhow I then got a cold n thought it must of been the reason I felt so crap ... my cold as gone now but I have really sore lips n gums and bad palpitations and constantly tired.

My HV said on Monday ...' are you anaemic?' and I said no just getting over a cold and no more was said.

Today I keep getting short of breath n palpatations are real bad again so looked up the symptoms on the net and I am convinced 100% that I am anaemic. Going to make an appt with doc on Monday... hope I will be ok will then.

Anyone else had this / got any advice for me??

Thanks ladies xxxxxx :hug:

I haven't had this myself but I know it can be treated and definitely see your doctor without delay.

With a new little one, having this where fatigue can get worse is not something you need :)

Take care of yourself!!

hope u feel better soon and they find out what it is :)

if it is anaemia its really easy to sort out, either through iron tablets or they just recomend ways to change ur diet to help :)

hope u feel better soon :hugs:

It sounds like you could be anemic, I am and have been taking the prescribed iron medication. Anemia makes me feel extremely tired, kind of distant and in a dream like state of mind throughout the day, I find it difficult to concentrate and also have the palpitations you describe, together with feeling light headed and faint.
Either way it sounds like a good idea to see your Doc to get your symptoms checked out.

All the best x

Definitely sounds like anaemic, I suffered with it after birth (still do), only with shortness of breath but its easy to fix with some iron tablets :)

this is exactly how i felt after having maddi i starting taking multi vitamins with iron and felt much better. i think mine was triggered by my hemorrhage though, hope you feel better soon :hugs:

Donna as a mate get your ass to the doctors and get checked out babe!!!!! I didnt know you were feeling so rough is your mum able to come down and give you a hand for a few days it might help you regain some energy? I wish you lived closer Id pop over for a while.

hope you feel better soon babe luv heaths

Donna as a mate get your ass to the doctors and get checked out babe!!!!! I didnt know you were feeling so rough is your mum able to come down and give you a hand for a few days it might help you regain some energy? I wish you lived closer Id pop over for a while.

hope you feel better soon babe luv heaths

aww bless u .... i called docs at 9.15 as had a 2 hours sleep after here 7am feed as so tired..... no appts left.. u shud of called earlier. I didnt bite!!! can only make appts on the day grrrrr.

so phoned HV who is out... so left a message.

Palpitations r doing my nut in. xxxx will let u know how i get on :hug::hugs:xxxxxxx

Ive got it....and its horrible i had blood transfushion because i was so bad and gotta be on iron tablets for 6 months now. Because it was so low!! Hope you dont have it i wouldnt wish it on anyone :) XxxX

I have iron deficiency anaemia and pernicious anaemia and has them both for ages- since before getting pg. Its just horrible but on treatment its not too bad. It does need treating asap though

Ive got it....and its horrible i had blood transfushion because i was so bad and gotta be on iron tablets for 6 months now. Because it was so low!! Hope you dont have it i wouldnt wish it on anyone :) XxxX

I know hun x feel for ya all u av been through xxxxxxx:hug:

Spokw with hv finally n she said get a doc appt today or get some1 to take u to a & e asap. be prepared for a hospital stay

OMG got doc appt at 12 afta begging.

pooping my pants but feel mega shit xx

Soz left myself logged in while i went to docs.

Doc was real nice, tested my blood pressure, chest, heart beat/pulse and all was fine.

As for the anaemia he looked in my eyes and said I look a little pale. So booked for a blood test with the nurse on Monday at 8.20am.

See what the results bring!!! At least I aint going to cark it just yet.... :rofl:

Aw hunni, but look on bright side they would have took bloods today etc if they thought it was really bad its not one of those things they like to leave (even if only for the weekend) i know as soon as midwife saw me she rang hospital and booked me onto a ward etc.

Hope u rfeel better soon :) XxxX

Thanks hunny xxx

Hope you are feeling loads better now xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel