Think I may be in labour!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by Middysquidge, Dec 9, 2009.

1. Middysquidge

Middysquidge Two girls and a manfriend

Have been timing contractions since about 7.30pm, they have been getting steadily worse! Were a bit all over the place with them coming every 2 mins, 4 mins, 7 mins, 12 mins etc and was questioning them being BHs but then had a show. Went for a bath which eased the contractions then they picked up again as I came out and are now more painful but bearable and roughly every 5 mins or 6 mins! When do you think I should call the hospital? We live 45 minutes away and hubby can't drive and if you're not in established labour at this time hubby will get sent home, so I don't want that to happen cos he can't get there or back again!
    Not sure what to do really guys x

2. Noodles

Noodles Mummy to two boys!

I'd call them now hun, good luck!

3. Pinkfly

Pinkfly Mum of 2 boys & Pink bump

Sounds like certain Labour to me chick - Call your midwife and they will let you know if they think you should stay at home for a bit longer or go in.. I would say they will ask you to go in if you have a bit of a way to get there...Sounds exactly how my first labour started contractions, show, then I got in the bath and contractions got stronger ...
    Good Luck how exciting xx

4. emerald78

emerald78 Well-Known Member

It sounds like you are in labour. Personally I would wait until you have a pattern of contractions and wait until the contractions are slightly less bearable. Only because you live so far away.

Ring the hospital and see what they say but they will probably tell you to have a bath and take some paracetomal as your waters have not yet broken (which normally they do not until you are 9/10cm dialated).

However, perhaps they will be more understanding due to your travel issues and distance.

Good luck, I hope your labour goes to plan!

5. Squidge

Squidge Mummy & WTT <3

I'd definitely call them now! Good luck!

6. mamato2more

mamato2more Number 9 on the way

My contractions never get really regular until I am in transition..So, go off of the intensity. When you cannot talk or walk through them, and lasting at least 45 seconds, and when you don't want to talk to anyone or be around anyone, and you really have to concentrate to get through them, go in...Mine were at 11 minutes with my last one, and my hubby did not believe me that it was time to go..Got there and I was over a 7!

7. purpledahlia

purpledahlia Mummy

but if your driving then go before it becomes unbearable! if your getting a taxi then thats cool, id ring tho! your hubby can always just wait in the waiting room tell him to take a book/ipod/crossword/change for machines etc

8. redpoppy

redpoppy Well-Known Member

:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

So many women in labour last few days!!!! So much for the full moon theory perhaps? :winkwink:

:happydance::happydance::happydance:

Best of luck!

9. Mize1982

Mize1982 Mya-My gift from God!

I would give them a call and explain everything to them and see what they say to do, they will be able to tell by your voice if they think u should go in x

10. Jemma_x

Jemma_x Mummy and Engaged

Good luck x

11. Buffy71

Buffy71 Mummy to Harriet!

Hope yours progresses quicker than mine!! :) good luck missus. X