Think I went slightly mad on the stocking up....

Yazz_n_bump

Me, Fiancé & Jack! :)
Reaction score
...went to tesco to get baby wipes & nappies as me and OH had just counted up our change box (£90 :thumbup:) so thought great we'll get like one of them boxes of wipes for £5 which give you 6 packs of wipes.

Well we got there and saw the tesco 80 fragrance free baby wipes... I've heard good stuff about them and i'm not one of these mums-to-be who want to buy expensive wipes and nappies. I'll just take them if I hear good stuff about them.

Well they had them a pack of 80 for 18p each.. so we spent £9 and got 50 packs. :dohh: We now have 4,000 wipes! Lol. Think I went slightly mad, the tesco check out lady must of thought we were expecting twins or something lol! :dohh::dohh:

Anyone else gone crazy with stocking up?

50 packs of wipes lol i fort i was bad for having 11 packs of wipes :)

Im aware this advise is fairly useless for the foreseeable future :haha: but have you considered reusable wipes? I highly recommend them

i have always got about a stock of 12 packs in nursery and i have one in bedroom, living room, dining room and changing bag

when i go i always buy the big boxes of what ever on offer you can never have to many wipes lol

Im aware this advise is fairly useless for the foreseeable future :haha: but have you considered reusable wipes? I highly recommend them

I'm deffiently going to look into them when the stack is nearly running out!

you can never have enough wipes! Especially when baby starts on solids! Which i am sure you will still have plenty in your stock supply when that time comes lol x

haha! I don't blame you to be honest hun you will go through loads of wipes I bet!

They will last you a fair while I should say :D

x

Even when the baby is older we will still be using wipes for sticky hands and dirty faces, I've got about 35 packs of wipes, my family think I'm mad but I just think well prepared! Are those wipes always 18p or were they a special offer? At the sainsburys baby event recently they were doing a pack of 100 nappy sacks for 5p, they sold out so quick so was there at 7am the next day, my partner told me I was crazy but I got 2500 nappy sacks for the same price as a pack of 150 cost in there!

wow thats alot ! lol good to be prepared tho, you will probs get through them all quite quick & at least you wont have to buy anymore for a while!

To be honest I'm a huge fan on the pampers sensative, and just bought 66 packs of them, as they were on sale in boots.. haha

lol i did the same in tesco's 2 weeks ago ........got 3 boxes of huggies newborn size 2 ( 100 nappies in each box) and then the next size 3 huggies box ( 196 in it )
then got 2 large boxes of pampers sensitive wipes ....all were on sale .......were all a bargain so thought why not!!! lol
oh and got some tins of sma gold :)

Even when the baby is older we will still be using wipes for sticky hands and dirty faces, I've got about 35 packs of wipes, my family think I'm mad but I just think well prepared! Are those wipes always 18p or were they a special offer? At the sainsburys baby event recently they were doing a pack of 100 nappy sacks for 5p, they sold out so quick so was there at 7am the next day, my partner told me I was crazy but I got 2500 nappy sacks for the same price as a pack of 150 cost in there!

Yep there always going to be 18p unless they raise them up in the next few months! Been that price for a while though.
That's really really good for nappy sacks at least your never going to run out! Talk about bargain.

lol i did the same in tesco's 2 weeks ago ........got 3 boxes of huggies newborn size 2 ( 100 nappies in each box) and then the next size 3 huggies box ( 196 in it )
then got 2 large boxes of pampers sensitive wipes ....all were on sale .......were all a bargain so thought why not!!! lol
oh and got some tins of sma gold :)

How long is sma good for? I didn't want to buy it too early but all of the baby events are everywhere at the min :D

50 packs of wipes.. definitely something I'd do too :haha: where are you going to store them?!
xxx

Well we got there and saw the tesco 80 fragrance free baby wipes... I've heard good stuff about them and i'm not one of these mums-to-be who want to buy expensive wipes and nappies. I'll just take them if I hear good stuff about them.

Well they had them a pack of 80 for 18p each.. so we spent £9 and got 50 packs. :dohh: Are they on offer as on tesco's website they are 36p a pack??? just wondering if I need to go store

we're going to go to Makro or Costco soon and stock up on nappies/formula etc lol

i have lots of wipes, i also have 10 packs of huggies newborn nappies, but i dont know if she'll fit into them

Well they had them a pack of 80 for 18p each.. so we spent £9 and got 50 packs. :dohh: Are they on offer as on tesco's website they are 36p a pack??? just wondering if I need to go store

No it didn't say that they were on offer at all. It could be because it's online. :shrug:
They have been 18p at my local tesco extra for at least two months, as I've seen them up there before when food shopping. The only sign it had was 'tesco's most popular'. and the price!
They are the white packs, there are blue ones which are 80p but they are fragranced.

lol i bought 5 packs of Asda little angels wipes (so 400 individual wipes) and 2 packs of 48 Asda little angels newborn nappies (so 96 nappies) last week!

Ive got 3 x box of 9 packs of pampers sensitive wipes in the garage, along
with 10 packs of each size of pampers nappies up to size 4+
I have bought them using vouchers when they have offers on, so ended up
paying no more than about £1.50 per pack. Bargain!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->