Think im going to have to use disposables for nights...

Discussion in 'Natural Parenting' started by Sam292, Jun 4, 2011.

1. Sam292

Sam292 Well-Known Member

We are getting leaks every night now :nope: I have tried so many things, boosted the motherease one size or sandys with 3 boosters, tried putting a prefold nappy inside it, tried flips with lots of boosting and even tried putting a second nappy on top of the first - it wouldn't do up!

Really we need to buy the large size sandys now as the smalls just are not absorbent enough any more but money is tight and I cant afford to buy them at the moment! Just feel a bit sad that we have got this far and now we are going to have to use sposies! Bit of a silly post really but wanted to share my woes!

2. Rachel_C

Rachel_C Well-Known Member

Have you thought about using bamboo terries? I bet you could get some preloved at a decent price, or even cotton ones maybe free on gumtree?

3. LittlePants

LittlePants Well-Known Member

I'd definitely second that. You can fold 2 together for overnight, and it works brilliantly. Huge bum, but fantastic absorbency!

4. Sam292

Sam292 Well-Known Member

I have a load of cotton terries - I hadn't even considered using them at night! Will have to give it a go! Thanks x

5. 2Princesses

2Princesses Mum of 3 princesses :)

I don't think cotton will be absorbent enough but bamboo terries would be very absorbent, from what I have read?

6. Rachel_C

Rachel_C Well-Known Member

You could try a cotton terry (or two!) with boosters in it... depends how heavily your LO wets really.

7. LittlePants

LittlePants Well-Known Member

2 cotton terries should do it, provided they are top quality ones. If they are cheapies, then try 3 folded together.

8. Sam292

Sam292 Well-Known Member

3? Oh my he will have a mushroom bum!

Rachel, I'm not sure if its that he is a heavy wetter or that its just where he eats so often through the night but if i put him in a well boosted nappy at 6pm, its saturated by 4 and rarely lasts until 6/7. I could change him at one of his night feeds but he would wake up fully and be very difficult to get back to sleep!