Think I'm gunna make it to my homebirth after all!

Ju_bubbs

Proud single Mummy of 5!
Reaction score
So after worrying throughout the whole pregnancy that I'm not gunna make my planned home birth coz my dates are 1-2 weeks out.. im finally here!!

The worry stepped up a gear when I had to go to hospital early hours of monday morning at 35+6 with contractions, little madam was fully engaged, midwife couldn't belive how low she was, and I was 80% effaced - but was allowed home 3 hours later, cotractions were still coming 3 minutes apart but I wasn't dilated yet!

All week my contractions have stayed at 3 minutes apart, but they're not getting any more painful at all.

Went to my routine appt yesterday, madam is still fully engaged, midwife can barely even feel her shoulders above my pelvis and she monitored my contractions with her hand on top my bump for 10 mins or so, and she said 'hmm... if you can do you best to hold out over the weekend I'll OK your homebirth from Monday" (not actually 37wks til tuesday!)

Then she went on to say that if I did go into labour over the weekend I would have to go back to hospital, but then she gave me a wink and said unless you feel that you couldn't make it to hospital, in which case we would have to get a midwife to you at home ;) :lol:

Now all I need is for these bloody contractions to get stronger!!!! My whole stomach feels like I've been at the gym for a week solid after all these contractions!!! :dohh:

:yipee: I like the sound of your MW!!!!! I can see your baby having perfect timing!!!! x

Yeah I've not been too keen on her all the way through my pregnancy tbh.. but after my last appt I'm really pleased with her! I know she's had to go along with my scan dates even tho we both know its impossible for me to have conceived 2 weeks after :sex: but I'm glad she's now taking it into account 'off the books' so to speak!

As for madam having perfect timing.. knowing my luck she'll stay put putting my uterus through this workout for weeks yet :haha:

Deffo made it! It's monday, and she's still cooking! :D Nesting has come back with a vengance too, shich is always good when you have 3 kids messing the place up :haha:

woohooo so happy for you hun!
Keep us all updated..only a few hours now till your 37 weeks hehe xx

:happydance: Time to get excited again now, instead of worrying!! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back