think i'm losing the baby

Fingers crossed for you. Hope the ER trip only brings good news. :hugs:

Went to the er not such great news...hcg is 90. Couldn't see anything on an ultrasound

Sorry to hear that :(! How far along are you? I am hoping they asked you to come back.

Just read that you are 5 weeks.

Im sorry hun. What is the prognosis then? As according to this chart https://www.pregnancyloss.info/hcg_levels.htm ur in the right hcg range for 5 weeks. Towards the lower end yes, but still in it. Also, would u expect to see much on an u/s at this point? I know how upsetting this is, but hope ur ok as u can be xx

All I've had is sore boobs and being tired and I still have those. I haven't started bleeding yet. I am five weeks

You don't normally see anything on a scan until at least 6 weeks... keep positive chic and call your midwife or OB tomorrow.

I am so sorry. Have you to go back in for another scan, fingers crossed for you.

I had my positive pregnancy test at 4 weeks! I was admitted to hospital for 4 days with suspected ectopic pregnancy....they scanned me and I had an enlarged ovary and they couldnt see an embryo at all on the scan. They did blood tests that showed low pregnancy hormone and kept me in for observation as I was getting a lot of pain. Three days later they tested my blood again and the hormone was rising but they said I would need surgery due to them suspecting it was ectopic. I was in tears, they took me down to be scanned again and they found a ting little embryo in my womb in the perfect place!!! The swelling on my ovary is a cyst and is still there today at 24 weeks pregnant...they will treat it if it doesnt go down after the baby is born. I really thought it was over but it wasnt , it was just early and they often dont see much on a scan. I am hoping it is similar with you

Hey,

Sorry to read that you are going through this. My personal experience has been mixed as far as the tests go...with my chemicals/early losses, the lines really did tell a story as they never got darker. However, with this pregnancy, I had a faint BFP on a Friday, a bit darker the next day, and a BFN on Sunday. Then I had a beta the following and it was 201 and a scan on the same day showed something near my ovary. I was so scared and they thought I had an ectopic and then a scan a week later showed a possible gestational sac. Fast forward another week and I have a healthy pregnancy!

Just wanted to share my story as I find it helpful to read others' experiences.

Good luck and keep us updated!

I just had to post. I live in TX too! Where are you located? What OB are you seeing? Definitly check in with him/her tomorrow just to make sure everything is ok. My levels were 87 at my 4wk6 day mark during my first pregnancy, and everything turned out great. Like all the other ladies have said, STAY AWAY FROM THE TESTS! You are going to get lines that vary in color depending on the time of day you take the test and the brand of test that you use. We have all gone through that phase of peeing on millions of sticks just to see what the lines would look like, and usually it just causes unnecessary worries :)

One thing I will mention to you, that no one else has mentioned (probably because nobody likes to think about the things negative that happen in pregnancy), is that you want to make sure that your Dr rules out an ectopic pregnancy. If you went to the ER and they saw nothing on the U/S and your levels were lower than what you expected for how far along you are, then you want to make sure that it is not ectopic. Your Dr should go over this with you if it is a concern. I highly doubt that is what is going on, but just in case ask your Dr about it.

I have had two experiences similar to yours, like I said before, my first pregnancy started out with low slow rising hcg levels and turned out to be completely healthy and normal. With my last pregnancy I had low numbers that were slowing rising with nothing showing on the U/S @ 5 weeks, and it did in fact turn out to be an ectopic. Remember though, they are uncommon and I only wanted to mention it so you know how crucial it is that you see your Dr, regardless of what the situation is. More than likely, you and your lil' bean are totally healthy and since it is still so early, your hcg levels are within the appropriate range that they should be (for 5 weeks) and are just not high enough yet to see something via ultrasound. I believe that you have to hit the 1000 mark before something can be detected on an U/S.

Please keep all of us posted on how things go at your appointment. When I was going through hard times with my pregnancy's this forum really helped me cope and helped me stay positive! You should stay positive too! Even after my miscarriage and ectopic, I am now 7w4days pregnant with a healthy lil munchkin! I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers chica! Good Luck tomorrow, I'm sure everything will be fine!

Sorry! I just saw chocciebuttons post, see alot of people have low levels that turn out to be totally healthy pregnancies. Try and stay busy until tomorrow, and I hope all goes well at your appointment. :hugs:

y'all have helped me so much!!! I think thats where ia m today 4 weeks 6 days...5 weeks tomorrow i think. I was worried about etopic too and she said if i get bad pain on one side really bad go back to the er or call my doc if it is during normal business hours. I am going to be praying hard tonight for my little booger to be strong. Please pray for me ladies. Cantwait you have encouraged me to stay strong and positive!!! So has everyone else!!! I dont know what i would do without this board. <3 Should i go tomorrow or Tuesday...they told me to have blood work on Tuesday.... One positive thing i forgot to add was when she did my pelvic exam she said she looked all around and didnt see any bleeding and it was nice and closed. Thats has to be a good sign, right?

y'all have helped me so much!!! I think thats where ia m today 4 weeks 6 days...5 weeks tomorrow i think. I was worried about etopic too and she said if i get bad pain on one side really bad go back to the er or call my doc if it is during normal business hours. I am going to be praying hard tonight for my little booger to be strong. Please pray for me ladies. Cantwait you have encouraged me to stay strong and positive!!! So has everyone else!!! I dont know what i would do without this board. <3 Should i go tomorrow or Tuesday...they told me to have blood work on Tuesday.... One positive thing i forgot to add was when she did my pelvic exam she said she looked all around and didnt see any bleeding and it was nice and closed. Thats has to be a good sign, right?

Very good sign!! :) Normally when they test beta, they do it every 2 days rather than every day .. to give it a decent enough time to double yanno? That's prob why they told you to wait till Tuesday. I doubt they will scan you until 6 weeks. That's the earliest they would scan me with this pregnancy despite having a previous ectopic because before then there just isn't anything and that just makes you worry more you know?

Just breathe mama, you're gonna do great. I know it's a nerve racking time .. I've been there a total of 6 times now .. but be strong. You watch in about 6 weeks you'll gonna be on here moaning along with the rest of us about sore boobs, sickness and that big old bloat belly :) :hugs:

I hope so!!!! :smile: I would LOVEEE to be super sick right now. I am going to try REALLY hard to just not worry tomorrow because i already lost it today when we got home.

I hope so!!!! :smile: I would LOVEEE to be super sick right now. I am going to try REALLY hard to just not worry tomorrow because i already lost it today when we got home.

You will do hun, its totally normal, its ur hormones partly and also because obviously its a scary situation. Just try and stay positive and we are all thinking of you!! :hugs: xx

i hope all goes well for u!!!!stay positive!!!!!!!:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"