Think I'm spotting.. Help!

someone23

Reaction score
I was dry heaving really bad yesterday and really straining. Could that cause spotting? I saw pink spotting and a small piece of mucusy discharge upon wiping.. But nothing more. Am i miscarrying?

I was dry heaving really bad yesterday and really straining. Could that cause spotting? I saw pink spotting and a small piece of mucusy discharge upon wiping.. But nothing more. Am i miscarrying?

A little spotting can be normal as long as its not accompanied by cramping. How far along are you? If it will help with peace of mind give your doctor a ring and express your concerns.

Im 7 weeks 2 days. CM is back white. So I'm guessing all is fine

It's okay!!! My post is going to be TMI, but I think it's necessary sometimes. I get spotting in my first trimesters and even mucus with blood. My spotting has been brown, pink, red, orange... my mucus, too. Yes, straining can cause this, and it does for me throughout the first trimester. Pooping, sex, heaving badly, anything that causes pressure in that area makes me spot in early pregnancy. And it's always been okay for me.

Spotting is common, and if it progressed into bleeding and cramping, I'd worry. Otherwise, I'd just keep my mind busy and just get through the next few weeks. If you ARE worried, PLEASE do not hesitate to call your doctor. There probably isn't anything they can do except an ultrasound, which might be helpful for you if you're about 6 weeks or more. Any less, and you probably won't see a baby yet, which isn't very good for peace of mind most of the time. :)

Thank you. It seems like i only see it during urination. Other than that its white. Just going to keep an eye out to see if it gets heavier

You are definitely far enough along to ask dr for an ultrasound if you feel you need one. It sounds like you're doing okay, though. :) Don't be alarmed if it picks back up if you have a bowel movement or something, though.

That's what I'm scared of. I'm just praying it stays away

Spotting can be common in first tri for many different reasons. Personally, if I saw any pink/red spotting, I would call my doctor to get their advice for my own peace of mind. My doctor is okay with trace amounts of brown spotting, but prefers to see us if we see any pink or red just to make sure all is well. Best of luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"