Think I've outgrown this board :(

Reaction score
Been TTC for over 12 months now.
Tried various methods, herbs, acupuncture, naturopath, soy iso, epo ... etc
Medicated and monitored cycles...
Had a HSG done...
On a wait list for IVF....

I know my signs, I do ovulate, I have a child, fell pregnant with him 5yrs ago (my only known pregnancy).

But I feel like a fossil on this board now, yet not so much part of the team on the long term board or assisted board... sigh.

I just want to be able to talk to ttc'ers who are a little further along than month 1-7, anyone?

Sorry I'm on month 5 but understand you!
So many "oh I'm 7dpo I'm tired I have a pimple, I got a bfn this morning do I still have a shot?!" Argggggghhhhh

Hey, I'm on month 13 and my doctors said he'll put me on the IVF waiting list when I go back in November if I lose some weight (I'm not even that fat which is v annoying- but already lost what he asked me to in 2 weeks) because I have polycystic ovaries but not been diagnosed with syndrome as they seem to have given up looking at my bloods and I don't ovulate on my own anymore and my hubby has a low sperm count.

I'm just dreading the long wait. It's 2 and a half months til my next appt, then he said the IVF waiting list is about 6 months. Could be a lot worse I suppose, but I never imagined before we started ttc that it would be this hard.

Took me 15 mths last time I'm regular and have no issues just took that long :(

It took me 14 months to get pregnant first time around but I was lucky with my second. Ttc is such an emotional journey and its so tough when it doesn't happen. It very nearly brok up my marriage. I do however think that there is value in chatting through your journey with anyone who is Ttc as each step is difficult and different in many ways depending in circumstance, age etc so for some month 1-7 is just as hard to them (if that makes sense)
I'm sending you baby dust and hope it happens for you very soon xx

DH and I have been trying for nearly 2 years with no known issues. It can just take time. It can be a very frustrating time, but it does help to check in on these boards every now and again. It makes it sort of more fun in the TWW I think ;)

Take a break if you need to? Once you start IVF you might feel like coming back and chatting again :)

:wave: Three years over here but still feel like I don't belong in LTTC. (Silly, I feel like 3 years is nothing compared to some women over there!) Maybe you could start a TTC group up for us? :D

Hey there,
I'm sorry that you're feeling grown out of this board. I'm currently on month 7. I think when you start out ttc you have it in your mind that "Oh it's so easy, it will happen right away" especially when everyone else around you is getting pregnant. And then when it doesn't happen the way you thought it would, it's like a slap in the face and you realize, man it's really not that easy. So for those that don't already have a child and are just starting out a few months can seem like forever. I know it does for me and I have so much respect and appreciation for those that have been ttc much longer than myself and have remained supportive of everyone on this forum. My hubs and I are 24, both in good health and thought we'd have no problem, but it's definitely not gone the way we thought it would. When I hit the 5/6 month mark I got really depressed, I was mad at myself, my husband and at god, because I just couldn't understand why my body was fighting me so badly and I was just so frustrated. We also have a couple renting our basement that have a new born, that when they found out they were pregnant weren't planning on a baby/wanting a baby at that moment. They are our best friends and the baby is our godson, but it just got so hard seeing them living the life I felt like we should have and they were no where ready for a baby. I'm getting to the point where I'm feeling better about ttc and not letting things get to me so badly. I think that hitting that "we've been trying for half a year and still nothing" mark just hit me hard. I'm getting now in the mode of if it happens great, and if it doesn't that's ok to. I'm just waiting for either to fall pregnant or get to that one year mark to where the doctor will see us for fertility testing.
Sorry for being so lengthy, and I do truly appreciate everyone being so supportive here.

Hi I am on 25 Months and am currently having IUI.

If you fancy a chat pls get in touch x

:hi: I'm on Cycle 10 of TTC but have technically not been using contraception for nearly a year now with no joys. I'm getting closer to being LTTTC but I don't feel I belong on that board yet so I empathise with how you feel x

Hi, don't lose hope. It took me 4 1/2 years to fall pregnant. I was told I needed IVF. I was waiting for AF to arrive and then I would start down regulating. Amazingly, AF never arrived! Xx

speaking of amazing LTTTC stories, I know a lady who was TTC for 8 years and she was on the waiting list for IVF when amazingly she fell pregnant naturally. I like to think of her story whenever I start to feel despondent about TTC. We all have to remember that it will be worth it in the end when we finally have our LOs x

Forgot about this post.
This is month 13 now.
We have not used contraception since Oct. '07.
This month I had an HSG. All clear.
I feel like i've ovulated this month and we've bd enough, we hope.

But yes, the symptom spotters who note every little symptom get on my nose. I mean 1 pimple is not a sign of pregnancy or ovulation. Some times it feels like 12 yr olds posting in here.

I had my first child at 23, and I'm nearly 28 now. So not in the "older" aged group, DH is 30, was 25 when we had our first (and only). Oh we took 11 months to fall pregnant with that one.

The concept of IVF scares me, as we'll need ICSI and that has a risk of mutation (given DH's antibodies detected on the sperm), I'd be the only one in my family to have had it. Though i did have a cousin (mothers, sisters, daughter) who had IVF due to blocked tubes, that was 13 yrs ago).

Wish we could win lotto and have a go at it now, the wait is a killer and the fact my son would be 6 by the time the next one comes if we do not manage on our own before our ivf date comes up.

Hun.. I know its hard.. we were going on YEAR 12 when I finally decided and accepted it wasn't in the cards for us to have another. I'll be 40 in March and though I know plenty have had babies after 40-- its not going to be for me. With undetermined infertility, multiple miscarriages and now a host of other health issues--please don't take this wrong when I say what has kept me remotely sane is knowing there women out there who have these same issues and are trying for baby #1. I had to learn to be happy with what I have and let go of the pain I caused myself by trying so hard when it obviously wasn't what fate or God had in store for us.
I wish you peace and happiness and most of all the bfp you long for..

**thought I should clarify one thing.. yes my tickers show I have 3 kiddos--actually only 2 are mine--my oldest and youngest--I've wanted to have another baby with my husband for so long.. its always been mine, his and ours...)

Hun.. I know its hard.. we were going on YEAR 12 when I finally decided and accepted it wasn't in the cards for us to have another. I'll be 40 in March and though I know plenty have had babies after 40-- its not going to be for me. With undetermined infertility, multiple miscarriages and now a host of other health issues--please don't take this wrong when I say what has kept me remotely sane is knowing there women out there who have these same issues and are trying for baby #1. I had to learn to be happy with what I have and let go of the pain I caused myself by trying so hard when it obviously wasn't what fate or God had in store for us.
I wish you peace and happiness and most of all the bfp you long for..

Hey there! I feel the same as you.... like there is no board I belong to anymore. I don't feel like I have been trying long enough to be in the LTTTC board, but everyone on this board has only been trying a few months it seems. Also most have regular cycles which I don't....so I hate hearing people complain about their TWW....when my TWW has turned into my three month wait.

Next month will be a year TTC #1 for me. I had normal cycles up until May when I had a chemical pregnancy. Since then I have only had one AF. Im currently on CD 104. I just got diagnosed with PCOS last week. Im currently doing the progesterone challenge and supposed to be scheduled to see an RE. Although Im glad things are being done I never thought it would be this hard to have a child.

Hey there! I feel the same as you.... like there is no board I belong to anymore. I don't feel like I have been trying long enough to be in the LTTTC board, but everyone on this board has only been trying a few months it seems. Also most have regular cycles which I don't....so I hate hearing people complain about their TWW....when my TWW has turned into my three month wait.

Next month will be a year TTC #1 for me. I had normal cycles up until May when I had a chemical pregnancy. Since then I have only had one AF. Im currently on CD 104. I just got diagnosed with PCOS last week. Im currently doing the progesterone challenge and supposed to be scheduled to see an RE. Although Im glad things are being done I never thought it would be this hard to have a child.

I can relate to your post, similar age, similar time with your husband, similar time married. It took us 11 months to fall pregnant with our first. I'd been on the combined pill, then onto the mini about 12 months before that, nothing since then. It sucks to be young and infertile.

waiting2012 - 12 yrs?? Crazy. I'd have given up myself had it been that long. Lucky you had the older ones. Is the other child his?

I will add too, the posts with "could I be pregnant?", anyone ever want to answer them with "did you have sex recently? If so, then yes, you could be, so go wait till your period is due". I mean we cannot tell if you are or not....

I will add too, the posts with "could I be pregnant?", anyone ever want to answer them with "did you have sex recently? If so, then yes, you could be, so go wait till your period is due". I mean we cannot tell if you are or not....

Ha ha yes sometimes that thought does pop into my head

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"