think my supply has reduced and lo not feeding as much?

Aphrodite

Reaction score
my boobs just don't feel very full like they used to. and when i hand express a bit out there's a lot less than there used to be.his feeds are quite short now too,sometimes not even 10 minutes.is this because there's not as much milk anymore? i can't go to the breastfeeding clinic anymore as im back at work so wondered if any of you could shed some light?

Could be that feeds are shorter because your LO is now a more efficient feeder. Remember that baby is far better at getting the milk out than you are :)

Have you tried eating oaty things and/or taking fenugreek?

No but im willing to try fenugreek does it up Ur supply?im expressing while im at work and feeding him all other times so i wouldn't mind having more than i need so to speak as i can express it off and freeze it.

After a while you don't tend to feel as full as your body gets used to producing the right amount for lo. With expressing I could get less and less as time went and it took longer for each let down too. Hope that helps x

yes fenugreek ups your supply. It doesn't work for everyone but it did for me. The only drawback is that it makes you smell like maple syrup! :haha:

your breasts stop engorging as your breasts have recognised your babys requirements. so they wont feel full or feel like theres anything in there, if babys putting on weight and is healthy you have nothing to worry about! your milk changes to your babys needs x

So it's just my supply re-adjusting.thats good.nervous how did you take fenugreek?tablet form or other?

yeh and it will keep adjusting to your babys needs! :0) feeding is the most efficient way of upping your milk

If LO isn't unhappy then I'd assume he's getting what he needs from those short feeds. Think of all that extra time you now have!

I'm not sure if Fenugreek is recommended if your body is currently producing what your LO needs it can cause oversupply issues (?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->