Think pregnancy is making my milk dry up :(

doodles999

Two Under Two
Reaction score
I'm just 6 weeks preggo and can barely pump 3 oz today (was pumping about 6 oz before). Every day it's less and less. But LO is still happily nursing all night. :shrug: I guess I should just start supplementing from my freezer stash for daycare (we're also planning to introduce cows milk now that she's turning one), and just let her keep nursing at night however much she wants. It makes me quite sad to not be making enough milk for her now. :nope: anyone else still nurse through pregnancy with very little milk?

I nursed til I was 5 months pregnant. My lo was very little when I became pregnant so we had to supplement quite early with pumped milk and ultimately formula. My supply dropped immediately but didn't completely go til around the 5 month mark.

THIS is happening to me now - I am 6 weeks and a few days and my daughter is 8 months - i've been told by 16 weeks my milk will turn to colostrum, so I should try to wean her before then as I am high risk (diabetic) they would prefer me to have weaned her by 12 weeks - whihc could be in a few weeks time as I am either 6 weeks or 10 weeks pregnant.

This happened to me around 5/6 weeks but it seems to be back to close to normal now.

Thanks, ladies! She seems to still be getting milk when she nursed, but I think I'm going to have to cut my losses on pumping. Thankfully, she's a year now, so it's not a big deal, I guess. I had a fairly low supply before pregnancy because she eats solids really well and hadn't been nursing much in the day. But she's now nursing more than ever in the night. Ugh. She doesn't seem too traumatized by the decrease in milk, at least.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->