think the milk in my left breast is drying up :(

Discussion in 'Breastfeeding' started by xLuciax, Jun 1, 2011.

1. xLuciax

xLuciax TTC #4

for past 2 days I cant get much out of it and its just felt really de-flated my son is really ill at the moment with a bad throat so hasnt been nursing because of it so im sitting down now after it now being touched for few hours (so should have plenty of milk in it) and it hasnt is this common?

2. CeriB

CeriB Well-Known Member

Pumping is not a very good indictation of supply so don't feel too worried. Try him with a dream feed later to help clear out that side, maybe?

3. xLuciax

xLuciax TTC #4

thanks Ceri

4. Blondie007

Blondie007 Well-Known Member

Hi Lucia, I am only a couple of weeks behind you and my left boob doesn't give as much as the right when I express - really weird actually! But my LO feeds from it fine and is always satisfied after a feed, so I don't think it's anything to worry about. I have noticed my supply has started to regulate now and this has made my breasts feel less full.
    If you're still worried, get your LO to feed more from the one that feels empty as this should help boost supply too x