• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Think this is our new car....Do you Like?

Suz

~ I are a Nerd ~
Reaction score
https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/car/300312541.html

I think that we are going to buy this car on Saturday. We have talked to the guy and can get it for less that what he is asking....What do you guys think. It is just like my Avatar!:happydance: :happydance: Can you picture me driving this?

Ill keep you posted. We are going to go see it on Saturday. The guy said he would hold it for us since it is 2 hrs drive to get there. So we are going to rent a trailer and tow it home. I cant wait. (plus my Father in law lives in the same town so we get to see him too)

We are well on our way to our car collection. This is our other toy......
1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX (WEE FUN)
https://www.babyandbump.com/imagehosting/thum_1614609fdcf20276.jpg

I love it my OH will be very jelous he loves american muscle cars.

One thing to be very carefull about is Ican see the interior needs work, so you may find a lot of the work has been done to the exterior as that looks in really good condition. The only problem you get with this is depending on how well body repaires have been done, i.e has any rust been delt with properly by welding it, or has he just used car filler and given it a shiney paint job to cover it up? My advice is take a magnet with you!!!

What sort of milage has it done? (Sorry american - kilometers)

its the complete opposit to what i like i dont like square looking cars i like bubbly round cars lol

Ewww - not my style at all too big and square.
But if you like it go for it!

I imagine it guzzles fuel! and as cat says check it over well as it may look good on a pic but close up all the rust, cracks etc will show up.

Not my cup of tea but my hubby would give his left nut for it ;)

Cx

I cant imagine myself driving that round warrington, but its very nice, I love the colour, go for it, I would!

Thanks Everyone. We know about the interior. The nice thing about American Muscle is that the parts are cheep. The new radiator will only cost $50. The door panels will only be $25 and the new upholstry is $300. Very excited and sick to the stomach at the same time. I will keep you all posted and take pictures while behind the wheel (if this is ment to be).

We will give it a very thuro (sp) inspection. This is a great investment and a longtime dream of ours. The prices on these type of cars in the USA are only going up and up and if we dont pounce now, we may never get our hands on one. My husband has gotten a kick out of Cat's comment. "Watch out Girl, he has a thing for "Car Chicks":rofl:

Awww good luck suz!!

Hope you get it hun ... tis always nice when you get something you want!!

What a wonderful project to do together :)
xxx

Thanks Everyone. We know about the interior. The nice thing about American Muscle is that the parts are cheep. The new radiator will only cost $50. The door panels will only be $25 and the new upholstry is $300. Very excited and sick to the stomach at the same time. I will keep you all posted and take pictures while behind the wheel (if this is ment to be).

We will give it a very thuro (sp) inspection. This is a great investment and a longtime dream of ours. The prices on these type of cars in the USA are only going up and up and if we dont pounce now, we may never get our hands on one. My husband has gotten a kick out of Cat's comment. "Watch out Girl, he has a thing for "Car Chicks":rofl:

Tell him we collect classic cars, and the latest addition is a classic Porche 911 turbo, which we will be restoring. Would really love an old ford though. Plus we have been contemplating doing a low rider and fitting it with hydros. Pimping!

If i lived in states then yes i would love it,but think I would get few stares round here,middle of coutry side,lol

I love VW beetles and would give my right and left arm for a Cream convertible one but there is no way until i am full time again that i can have. I do prefer rounder bubbley cars,and am sick of my scenic altho it is a lovely family car.

I like the colour

bex

Tell him we collect classic cars, and the latest addition is a classic Porche 911 turbo, which we will be restoring. Would really love an old ford though. Plus we have been contemplating doing a low rider and fitting it with hydros. Pimping!

OOh Cat

dave loves them,really does,will have to tell him and make him jealous,he wants to get a kit car or something,he is still gutted after i made him get rid of the renault 225.

bex

Can't say it really floats my boat, but then I think that is a lot to do with the differences between American and European style of cars. If it's what you want, go for it!

Any of you car nuts want to buy a kit car that is more kit than car? :rofl:
(OH will kill me for this!)

Hey Bex were selling one of our bugs if your interested, its not a convertable but its got a full length rag top sunroof

Do't talk to me about cars ... looks like mines going at weekend or we at least looking at it ...

Problem i got is nooooo money!!!!

Someone wanna buy me a car???

SUZZZZZZ !!!
xxx

My punto 2 door .... Hence why i have Gavs work car (i shouldn't have it as much as i do lol!) i can't get maddie in the back of mine hurts to much!!!
Not practical either i ahve no boot space and TBH i no like it ...

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"