Thinking about comlaining...

mackenzie

Reaction score
I live in a rural area and the only 2 supermarkets (same chain) within a hundred or so miles have no seats anywhere indoors, have no lock on the baby changing/disabled toilet and no seat on the toilet. The womens toilets reek, and i don't even pee in there let alone feed my baby in them. I don't want to feed my baby in the toilet anyway, but if there were a seat on the toilet of the disabled one I would if stuck. Luckily I have recently bought a carrier that I can feed my dd in , but I don't think that's the point. I really feel like complaining about their rubbish facilities for feeding babies. Failing that I might take a garden chair with me the next time I go and set up camp in the dairy aisle.

Are places like supermarkets obliged to provide facilities for mothers and babies?

I always found it crazy that so many people are insulted when you breast feed in public yet they never offer anywhere for you to feed baby. I ended up sitting on the counter in the washroom of the mall last week, it makes me not want to go anywhere as Im not comfortable nursing in public. I dont think they are obligated to provide facilities but Im not sure. I have nursed him in the car a bunch of times too

It is really annoying isnt it! Just a seat somewhere would be better than nothing. Because the supermarket is so far away from where I live I do fairly big stock ups and without fail my dd always wants a feed halfway through, she won't be fed before she's hungry and she won't wait once she is! :)

I would walk up to the customer sevices/manager/member of staff and say 'excuse me,can you tell me where I can sit to breastfeed my baby?'
dont say 'is there anywhere'.That way they will more than likely offer you a seat,be it in the managers office or elsewhere.
Dont feel forced to feed your baby in some scummy toilet:nope:

I dont think they're obliged to do so.. But if they have a baby changin room surely they should be keepin it adequately cleaned and maintained... Also i think if u did complain they might do something about it.. As they have probably not had any complaints before.. In the meantime.. I would feed lo in the car.. Most public toilets are a disgrace as u mentioned... If u have a trolley full of shoppin.. Just put it somewhere where u can go back and carry on with ur shoppin when u come back...

If the toilets are in a state i doubt they will be in a hurry to put ur shoppin back on the shelves.. Xx

I once breastfed my baby sitting on the floor in a store aisle (the baby aisle haha!) because I couldn't find anywhere else to go. No one said anything, people just scooted gingerly on by...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->