Thinking about donating eggs- any experiences or advice please

apple_20

Mum of two
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Not sure if this is the best place to post. I'm 26 have two children and have for a long time thought about egg donation. I now feel I am finished with having babies and ready to start helping others get theirs.

I'm doing research online but there is a lot to read, has anyone done this and could tell me about their experience? Where did you go? What was it like?

I'm going to have to wait until my tests into my cervix are done (hopefully nothing to worry about) but hopefully I will be able to start the process soon

I just don't know where to start!

Thanks for reading x

Hi

I can't give you much advice from a donors perspective but just wanted to say thank you as a donor egg recipient. It is a wonderful thing you are considering. I would look on the hfea website for local fertility clinics, they should list what they offer and hopefully some will use donor eggs. If you are having your own investigations, I am sure they will be able to advise.
Thank you again and good luck.
Xxx

Thank you for your reply. I have found a local clinic and they have sent me info. I'm not sure if I can do it whilst I'm still breastfeeding though :(

Brilliant that's the one I've contacted. Unfortunately they have said I need to wait until I'm not bf and since I'm not rushing to stop it might be a while.

How have you found them so far? Is there any chance you can keep me updated on how it goes? Have you been into the clinic yet or just emailing?

Thanks for replying!

Hey! Just done All my forms and my app for blood and scans is in two weeks on cd2 x

I donated 18 eggs last year and I'm doing another cycle in september, I kept a journal on here when I was doing my cycle if you want to have a read! :)

it was quite a long process, and harder than I thought it would be. it was so worth it though :) I don't know yet whether any babies have been born from my last donation, I'll hopefully find out soon.

I donated 18 eggs last year and I'm doing another cycle in september, I kept a journal on here when I was doing my cycle if you want to have a read! :)

it was quite a long process, and harder than I thought it would be. it was so worth it though :) I don't know yet whether any babies have been born from my last donation, I'll hopefully find out soon.

Thanks for replying Id love to read your blog do you have a link?

Do they always tell you if a baby is born?

here it is :) - https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/ttc-journals/2204457-my-altruistic-egg-donation-diary.html

you can phone and ask if any babies have been born after a year. last year when i had my repeat bloods after finishing donation they said they'd check if the lady i was matched with got a bfp but no one got back to me! hopefully i'll find out while doing this cycle.

When ds arrives I have a form to fill out with non-identifying info like baby's gender, weight etc and our donor can ask for this info if she wants to. Xx

Thanks for the thread link it's great ,

Mrs G that's great that you can find out if a baby is born. I'm not sure if I would want to know or not though. At the moment my OH has said he doesn't want me to do it :( mainly because he feels strange about the idea of another child with my DNA.

Apple, maybe you could take him to the counselling appointment with you? though it's fair enough if he's not comfortable with it! but just a suggestion :)

I had a phone call from my clinic just there, I'm picking all my drugs up on weds ready for cycle number 2! :happydance:

Ooo yay babyv! yes I have thought about taking him to counselling. We have some time to talk it through now I know I have to wait until I've weaned dd. Maybe he will change his mind.

If not I have to respect his feelings but I'm considering donating eggs for research instead so no baby is born but it does help the development of new techniques etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->