thinking about putting BnB behind me...

mama_t

Reaction score
Maybe its my hormones but for a while i have been noticing that hardly anyone ever responds to my threads and/or threads die with my post. when someone is posting about hubby issues, gender guesses or weight gain, there are pages of responses, when i am trying to share that we will probably have a girl i get ONE response, way to go... when i ask if anyone can notice a difference in bump size, i get ONE response wheras others get complimented on their bumps week after week by LOADS of people! sorry but i dont feel like I am being supported much here anymore and im thinking about looking for a different forum to turn to or at least take a break for a while:cry:

Hey don't be sad! Its easy to get paranoid sometimes, but you really shouldn't. I feel the same sometimes, but it does depend on the time of day you post, whether it the week or weekend and how many others are posting becuase once threads go past the first page they don't get looked at as much. Why don't you go to 'pregnancy groups and discussions' and join a group where you'll get to know some ladies, then you might feel better.

Han Xxx

Hey :) The answer to that is to probably not start your our own threads! Just find one that roughly relates to what you want to say and join in as if there are already lots of ppl following that thread they will see your post. I sometimes forget what posts I've commented on or read one and think oh there are lots of threads that all seem to be about the same topic I don't even read them. It's sad you don't feel supported on here, I really would try what I've suggested and I think you'll find that way you'll get involved in a long ongoing thread where you will get to know ppl and you'll get the support you need then. :)

Aw I'm sorry you feel like this Hun, I think its a bit hit and miss, a lot of mine go unnoticed as well don't let it get you down too much, but if you decide to not visit here any more I hope all is well for you and bubba xxx

Forums aren't just about you receiving thousands of replies to all of your posts. It happens to everyone, myself included so it has nothing to do with popularity or anything, just the way the cookie crumbles.

As one of the other girls suggested, maybe go join a group and start chatting with other girls? x

edit-Blah, you following me?:haha:

Good old Post Spy eh:thumbup:

Aaawww hun i'm really sorry to hear you feel that way!! I do get annoyed sometimes when I post a thread that gets loads of people read it but not a single response - I just assume that no-one has got a good enough answer but an acknowledgement or something like that wouldn't go amiss!!
Hoping you'll reconsider as this is the best place to get help and advice on pregnancy related issues
xx

Yeah I get abit like this aswell but you could join up to a couple of forum sites and if you dont get the response you want from one of them post on another?

Also I do agree that it depends what time of day your posting on here as sometimes its really busy and other times its completley dead -_- Lol..

Anyway hope you feel better about it soon? Theres netmums.com and theyre supposed to be very friendly?

But all that said- dont let a website get you down :) xxx

As one of the other girls suggested, maybe go join a group and start chatting with other girls? x

edit-Blah, you following me?:haha:

Good old Post Spy eh:thumbup:

I posted first!

haha

oh hun i think it happens to all of us i went thru a stage where i noticed the same thing! dont be down. :hugs: i definatley think it depends when you post the threads as they get lost so easily with lots of other ladies posting threads, anyway pls dont give up. i dont no what i would do without bnb to be honest its made this pregnancy better for me as i dont feel alone. i think u should just hang in there hun if u ever want anyone to talk to then id like to be ur bump buddie :D xx

Aw I'm sorry you feel like this Hun, I think its a bit hit and miss, a lot of mine go unnoticed as well don't let it get you down too much, but if you decide to not visit here any more I hope all is well for you and bubba xxx

yeah I agree, I did a guess the gender thread before my scan, some have had pages an pages and mine got one guess lol but I didnt feel bad about it :hug: its just how it goes sometimes. It helps to build up relationships too, check for new posts in threads youve posted in, respond to comments and qoutes on your own posts etc and offer support to others, and they usually respond ..i notice that unfortunately not always, but thats life some people see the internet as a tool and are abit more selfish in how they post and arent really interested in supporting others or getting to know them thereare a lot of threads like that here, people just pop in demanding support or an answer for a worry and never respond to anyone else. Dont take that personally :) xx

just because some people dont have 5000 posts doesnt mean they dont offer advice to others...

:hugs: i have the same happen to me as well, i wouldnt get to offended tho as pp said lots of threads get repeted. anyway ladies im moving to 3rd tri today :wave:

Hey sorry to hear this - hubby tells me i shouldn't be on here anyway, he doesn't think its healthy - but that is his opinion, all i can say is that i definitely wouldn't take it personally i put on threads here and keep on pressing refresh waiting for a response - that sometimes doesn't happen - I have to admit that when I come on here i just go to the top couple of threads and may respond to them - I can't tell you what to do, but definitely wouldn't take it personally, xxxxx

just because some people dont have 5000 posts doesnt mean they dont offer advice to others...

I htink you misunderstood completely. I was suggesting why there may not always be a lot if any resposes as happens to everyone smetimes.Not everyone 'joins in' or wants to. i wasnt saying *you* dont. :flower:

it happens to all of us, i can post things sometimes in groups im an active part of and they still get missed by the others its nothing to do with what anyone thinks of you as person hun its just the way these things play out somtimes

I don't start many threads for that reason and sometimes feel that threads stop when I post too but I keep putting that down to pregnancy paranoia. If you do decide to leave, good luck to you and your LO xx

There were tonnes of threads I posted on yesterday that nobody replied to!! I try not to take it personally :D

Im not in the tri boards all that much this time around and I'm soooo bad at giving advice so I tend not to and let the other girls give their better advice :dohh:

I've seen many a thread die after I've posted I just renamed myself the threadkiller lol.

Threads get lost on these forums so easily, I wouldn't take it personally xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"