thinking about putting BnB behind me...

to be honest i havent seen you on here before... maybe you have been online at different times to me? I know some ladies on here a bit as we often online at similar times. its a bit silly to take it personal if noone replies to your thread though, maybe they have nothing to say, maybe the forum is slow and not many people online at that time...

I seem to kill a few threads but I just think stuff it :D Also if I start a thread and dont get a reply I just bump it up as it may have been missed because there is so much going on here.

xx

This happens to me a lot too, try not to let it get you down hun. Do you have a bump buddy? X

Pah, this happens to me all the time! LOL

Like PP have said, the same threads get repeated over and over, nub guesses/skull theories etc seem to appear several times a day, so not everyone replies to every one.

Dont take it personally!! Again, like another poster said, people are online at different times, and any threads that arent on page 1 tend to get a bit lost, I know I only really read the ones on page 1!

Hope you dont leave! xx

I have felt this way several times however being ignored just is not the case. Hope these wonderfup ladies kade u feel better and I hope u stay.

To be honest, I think this is a silly thread, I'm not being horrid but you obviously only put this thread up here to get a response from everyone else. Everyone on here has a put a thread and not got many replies it's not like they don't like you, it's over the internet nobody knows you as person so please don't take it personally.

Some of the ladies on here have made very good suggestions, listen to them as it will help you, nobody wants anyone to feel upset and want to leave.

Maybe its my hormones but for a while i have been noticing that hardly anyone ever responds to my threads and/or threads die with my post. when someone is posting about hubby issues, gender guesses or weight gain, there are pages of responses, when i am trying to share that we will probably have a girl i get ONE response, way to go... when i ask if anyone can notice a difference in bump size, i get ONE response wheras others get complimented on their bumps week after week by LOADS of people! sorry but i dont feel like I am being supported much here anymore and im thinking about looking for a different forum to turn to or at least take a break for a while:cry:

This is the way I feel too so I have stopped starting new threads. Don't see the point and most of the time I just read an run on others posts cos I never get a reply to mine. Can't be bothered tbh... I'm goin to try again in 3rd tri to see if they are more optimistic.

You aren't alone :) x

i wouldnt take it personally, why would you?
Have a look down the page, there are some 30 replies and some only 2. It depends on what you post if its somthing others can relate to they will reply but if its not people are not going to post just to make you feel better that would be pointless.

People are not ignoring you. Ive posted with no replies. I just think people didnt know the answer, or it was of no intrest to them. x

ive also had this too.. dont let it get you down.. lets hope 3rd tri is a bit more enthusiastic lol

Most of my posts don't get a lot of bumps either. Don't take it personally. I usually only check the first page or 2, if it gets bumped to far into the pages people might not see it.

Hi - suggestions others have made about joining a forum or a pre-existing thread are fine. I found that I only got one response to a post two months ago I made about unexplained bleeding. I was disappointed because I know it's quite common.

I mainly look at this site on my phone. It makes replying difficult as it depends on net connection.

i reply when i have something to offer. even if it's a hug. i don't reply all the time. i'm more of a lurker

I think every thread I've started has gotten maybe 1-3 replies, I don't take it personally, if someone can't relate or doesn't have an answer I would rather have 1-3 good answers than 10 pages of " I dont know, sorry!"

And honestly as far as bump pictures, there is a sticky at the top of this forum specifically for bump pictures and I really really don't understand why more people don't use it :shrug: There are like 20 new posts a day asking people to look at bumps or compare bumps etc etc, there are also 20 new guess the gender or gender announcement threads a day so honestly I think after a person replies to a handful they're pretty much done with that topic :shrug:

Just focus on replying to other threads and make some "friends" on here, then you will have them replying if no one else :thumbup:

BTW- if you REALLY want to be part of a fast moving/100 page thread, just find one about breast feeding, circumcision or ear piercing LOL

To be honest, I think this is a silly thread, I'm not being horrid but you obviously only put this thread up here to get a response from everyone else. Everyone on here has a put a thread and not got many replies it's not like they don't like you, it's over the internet nobody knows you as person so please don't take it personally.

Some of the ladies on here have made very good suggestions, listen to them as it will help you, nobody wants anyone to feel upset and want to leave.

well, excuse me for sharing how i feel. If you say that nobody wants to upset anyone then why are you telling me that this i a silly thread and i just post it to get a response because tbh that really did upset me now.

but thank you to all the girls who have had nice words to say

I mainly look at this site on my phone. It makes replying difficult as it depends on net connection.

i reply when i have something to offer. even if it's a hug. i don't reply all the time. i'm more of a lurker

Ditto. I only really reply when I have experience of what's being discussed and can really give the person some advice. Because I know when I make a post although I'm looking for support I don't want to be reassured by someone who really has no idea but is just trying to be nice. I hope that doesn't sound rude. It's just how I view things. So if I don't reply it's not because I don't like you, I just don't think I could offer any real help :)

[QUOTEwell, excuse me for sharing how i feel. If you say that nobody wants to upset anyone then why are you telling me that this i a silly thread and i just post it to get a response because tbh that really did upset me now.[/QUOTE]

Hi Hun,

I know you might have been hurt, but i don't think it was meant to hurt you. I have to admit my first thought when i see subjects like this one is "erm... kinda attention seeking?" Which i know is judgmental and i'm working on becoming less so.

Admittedly, this thread was started to get a response about why you haven't had previous responses, wasn't it? So, what she said made sense.

I always think you get what you put into something. I don't bother looking at the guess my nub/am i having a boy or girl threads anymore because it's not why i come onto BNB. I come on to give support and get it when needed. If my sole purpose was to constantly get comments back, then i'd vent to my mom :)

I'm sorry if this also offends you, i just think it's important that you understand where people are coming from. Just as i had to understand where you were coming from. :kiss:

Sorry if this seems out of place -- I read the first page of responses and then skipped to the end.

I agree with at least one other poster who said that the time of day makes a big difference. I'm in the US and most of the other ladies on the site are in the UK, so when I'm usually online, they usually aren't. Then your post slowly gets pushed off the first page before the activity picks up, and once it's off the first page nobody sees it. Maybe something similar is happening to you.

Ditto. I only really reply when I have experience of what's being discussed and can really give the person some advice. Because I know when I make a post although I'm looking for support I don't want to be reassured by someone who really has no idea but is just trying to be nice. I hope that doesn't sound rude. It's just how I view things. So if I don't reply it's not because I don't like you, I just don't think I could offer any real help :)

and that is totally fine:thumbup:, my problems have just been that i have wanted to share how happy i was at the very high possibility of having a girl and had only one response when i see loads of others posting they are team this and that and everyone seems to be super happy and replying...idk :cry:

and that is totally fine:thumbup:, my problems have just been that i have wanted to share how happy i was at the very high possibility of having a girl and had only one response when i see loads of others posting they are team this and that and everyone seems to be super happy and replying...idk :cry:

Hi, sorry but you received 7 replies to your having a girl post, but you say you only had 1?

I am not stalking and checking up on you or anything, but I think this would be the average number of reponses to get to a thread like this? Many, many "We're on Team..." appear every single day, and its not people not sharing your joy, just that there are so many, and if everyone were to respond to them all, it would take them all day.

(Congrats on Team Pink though! xx)

It could deffo be something to do with time etc as I see at 4.22am you posted re a girl and one person replied after 6 then no one until after 10am. You also started this thread at 9.30. It may have been not many people were online when you posted at 4.22am and/or it got pushed down the list as other things were also being replied to or posted as so it can take a while to get through the list of posts etc. In future if you arent getting replies then bump it back to the top so people may have more chance of reading.

HTH

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back