thinking about putting BnB behind me...

I mainly look at this site on my phone. It makes replying difficult as it depends on net connection.

i reply when i have something to offer. even if it's a hug. i don't reply all the time. i'm more of a lurker

Ditto. I only really reply when I have experience of what's being discussed and can really give the person some advice. Because I know when I make a post although I'm looking for support I don't want to be reassured by someone who really has no idea but is just trying to be nice. I hope that doesn't sound rude. It's just how I view things. So if I don't reply it's not because I don't like you, I just don't think I could offer any real help :)

and that is totally fine:thumbup:, my problems have just been that i have wanted to share how happy i was at the very high possibility of having a girl and had only one response when i see loads of others posting they are team this and that and everyone seems to be super happy and replying...idk :cry:

Hi, sorry but you received 7 replies to your having a girl post, but you say you only had 1?

I am not stalking and checking up on you or anything, but I think this would be the average number of reponses to get to a thread like this? Many, many "We're on Team..." appear every single day, and its not people not sharing your joy, just that there are so many, and if everyone were to respond to them all, it would take them all day.

(Congrats on Team Pink though! xx)

the other replies just only got posted today but thanks

It depends what youre posting, if people can't help they won't reply. If I replied to every single 'team whatever' thread I'd be here all day. I think you're being childish tbh and posting threads complaining that people don't comment on your threads is hardly going to make people post on your threads in future.```````````````````````````

I felt like this the other day.
I had my 12 weeks scan and was so happy everything was ok but no one gave a shit.
Loads of views but no one said congrats or happy for you or anything.

People only seem to post on depressing/controversial threads as you said in your original post.

i had 72 views on a thread i made a couple of wks back in First tri but only 1 response its a busy forum and we are all vastly different and many of us dont have the time to spend searching for threads with few replies i try to reply to something i can see that has only 1-2 replies but i have 2 kids to love and care for and dont always get the chance and rarely get time enough to go back a page to see if theres anyones thread been forgotten about there

I mainly look at this site on my phone. It makes replying difficult as it depends on net connection.

i reply when i have something to offer. even if it's a hug. i don't reply all the time. i'm more of a lurker

Ditto. I only really reply when I have experience of what's being discussed and can really give the person some advice. Because I know when I make a post although I'm looking for support I don't want to be reassured by someone who really has no idea but is just trying to be nice. I hope that doesn't sound rude. It's just how I view things. So if I don't reply it's not because I don't like you, I just don't think I could offer any real help :)

and that is totally fine:thumbup:, my problems have just been that i have wanted to share how happy i was at the very high possibility of having a girl and had only one response when i see loads of others posting they are team this and that and everyone seems to be super happy and replying...idk :cry:

Hi, sorry but you received 7 replies to your having a girl post, but you say you only had 1?

I am not stalking and checking up on you or anything, but I think this would be the average number of reponses to get to a thread like this? Many, many "We're on Team..." appear every single day, and its not people not sharing your joy, just that there are so many, and if everyone were to respond to them all, it would take them all day.

(Congrats on Team Pink though! xx)

the other replies just only got posted today but thanks

Think it may also be the fact you are in a completely different time zone to alot of people also? Your thread started at something like 4am UK time, so like a PP said, by the time us UK lot are up and about, this has probs been pushed waay down the list of new threads..... I know I didnt see it when I logged on about 9am?

This may be a big part of the reason?

Maybe its my hormones but for a while i have been noticing that hardly anyone ever responds to my threads and/or threads die with my post. when someone is posting about hubby issues, gender guesses or weight gain, there are pages of responses, when i am trying to share that we will probably have a girl i get ONE response, way to go... when i ask if anyone can notice a difference in bump size, i get ONE response wheras others get complimented on their bumps week after week by LOADS of people! sorry but i dont feel like I am being supported much here anymore and im thinking about looking for a different forum to turn to or at least take a break for a while:cry:

lol- i feel like that too!! I only joined recently but cant seem to join into the conversations and ppl hav already bonded and got bump buddies etc. I was feelin a bit low last nite and was gonna log on just to say frig yas all lol! :dohh: Lucky i got my wee head screwed on again and not gonna take it personally. Stupid baby hormones. At least ur gettin loadsa replies now! :happydance: i'm still a lonely roamer... :cry: But i aint as hormnal today so just gonna continue talking to myself on threads :wacko: :haha: xxx

Why would you even get upset over this?? I would only get upset if it was my friends that were not responding.

I often don't get many replies - it happens to everyone! I'm also posting when the UK ladies are in bed usually, so that doesn't help either! :haha:

Also these tri boards get alot of traffic so when it's busy topics can go unnoticed. I often don't reply if I can't help more than what's already been said, or sometimes if the same topic is posted 3-4x/day. But really it happens to all of us! x

ooops i just realised i gatecrashed this forum - i'm in my third trimester :dohh:

To be honest, and as harsh as it may seem. This is a forum. A collection of people you don't know, will probably never meet, and will never speak to again when you no longer have use for it. And its the same for each and every one of us.
You cannot take it personally. These people do not know you, therefore they aren't specifically avoiding your posts because it you posting. Its rare a post gets pages and pages of posts. And even rarer that these kind of posts are congratulatory.
A board like this won't make more people comment on them. People will still go to the posts that they can help on.

Personally, I don't always post on every congratulatory board. If i was, I'd be here yonks. I give advise where and when i can give it. I also like to shove in opinions like this every now and again!
I also tend to only make boards asking for advise, or giving advise, or clearing up a worry i had! And I never expect pages and pages of replies. If i did, I'd be sorely disappointed each and every time I've made a board.

you certainly cant moan about no one replying to this thread lol

yayyy lots of replies :dance: lol. i've had posts where like one person will reply it doesn't bother me and i certainly wouldn't torture myself by taking it personally xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"