Thinking about Vitex again

Nataliieexo

Reaction score
I took Vitex earlier this year and it did nothing, however I didn’t take it longer than 3 months and it’s recommended it could take 6 months to work.

My cycles can range anywhere from 30-90+ days. This cycle 85 days I had a ultrasound on CD75 and had a mature follicle but nothing came of it, no ovulation anyways.

I don’t ovulate on my own. I used soy for 5 cycles and ovulated 3/5 of them but had a 9-10 day lp.
I’ve just came off a 85 day soy cycle and want a break from soy since it didn’t work last cycle.

I’ve had testing at the fertility clinic and was diagnosed with no ovulation and clomid is pretty much all that was offered but I would have to lose 4 stone in order to have clomid. I started well but became depressed, ended up splitting from my fiancé but we worked it out and want to resume ttc but not ovulating is in our way.

I’m at a bit of a loss on what to do now really and feel like all I can do is try to lose the weight and try Vitex. I used capsule form last time and wonder if the drops would have better effect. I have lots of follicles as seen on my ultrasound but my problem seems to be growing them and releasing them. It’s been a long nearly 3.5 years going round and round with the same problem.

So has anyone tried the drops and has success? Or suggest anything I haven’t yet tried.

I’m also on cd10 still bleeding medium flow with clots. I had this last year where I would spot for days before my period then bleed for up to 20 days followed by days if not several days of spotting. That time I had a ultrasound at cd19 and my lining was still thick so looked like it wasn’t shedding properly. It took a few rounds of provera and a few terribly heavy periods and hand sized clots before it settled back to normal and now it’s starting to happen again.

Do you have pcos? Your cycles sound exactly like mine (except the spotting, I just go straight to extremely long and heavy periods). I never ovulated on my own before getting pregnant with my son, after him I have ovulated a handful of times on my own.

I got pregnant with my son on clomid. But when I failed to get pregnant on it a second time I used Lydia Pinkham tablets. It has vitex and some other herbs. I took it for cd 1-14 and ovulated on my own! But it cannot be taken after o. I got pregnant the first cycle I used it. I also combined it with a lower carb diet which in the past helped me ovulate spontaneously.

I never found vitex particularity helpful on its own. Maybe because I never took it long enough.

I don’t have PCOS even though I have the symptoms, bloods and ultrasounds have all been fine I’ve had numerous of both, i just don’t ovulate. It’s so frustrating.

I’ll have a look into it. I don’t think I can make anything worse than it already is. I’ve been looking at different Vitex pills and debating ordering them as the ones I ordered were from eBay these ones are from a website. I only took 800mg last time I could try a higher dose. Before having my son I had very long cycles and he was concieved after the pill, I also had a chemical 2 cycles before he was concieved the 1st cycle off the pill. I have thought about going back on the pill but then that would mean if I do manage to get down 4 stone that I would have to wait 2 years again before a referral to the fertility clinic and i was 5 stone smaller when ttc my son aswell. Using the pill isn’t also garenteed to regulate my cycles either.

Yes Vitex should be taken for 3 months to a year. If you’re looking for herbal methods, maybe you could see a professional naturopath or herbalist? Your situation is complex and a professional would be able to tailor a specific combination with the right dosages for you. Herbs can be potent medicine and if you want it to be effective and not harmful then that is the best way to go about it. Acupuncture also comes to mind for something like this. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->