Thinking of starting clomid but worried about multiples

Trina86

Reaction score
Hi ladies, I would so appreciate some opinions on some upcoming TTC decisions I have to make. I have been TTC coming up to a year now, and I believe I am either not ovulating or having a big luteal phase defect as I start spotting day 18 and have full flow day 20 ( which I guess is day 1). I temped this month, to my total surprise looks like I O'd on day 12.
So my gyno wants to put me on clomid to make me ovulate or to have a stronger ovulation, and my understanding was that she doesn't monitor me during clomid except maybe day 21 bloods. Personally I am afraid of having multiples, and i know it often comes with fertility treatments, I just personally would feel more comfortable with one baby at a time. I have an appt with a FS in August, my question is should I take clomid and hope for the best, or not bother and wait until I go through all the FS testing first?

Also it's really important that u b monitored on clomid with CD12 scan nd 7DPO bloods. Clomid isn't a drug that u should b not monitored on. Ur doc needs to no wot it's doing to ur body nd how u r responding.

There is an increased chance of multiples but only very slight.

The pros far outweigh the cons for me, and if we have twins, so be it!

Thank you for the responses! I think I'm going to go on clomid but only if my doc will monitor me on it. Hubby has his SA on Friday, I was hoping for a last minute BFP to avoid further testing but I'm spotting and think AF will show in the morning :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->