Thinking of staying at my mom's house a while..

MyFavSurprise

Reaction score
We're not breaking up by any means but my fiance's family cooks every day and normally I love it but right now I am DYING inside.. I have to keep our door shut and stay inside like a hermit...it's impossible to find anything to eat because I'm so nauseated from the smell, among other things...I feel like im falling apart! All from smells! I almost cried this morning when my fiance left the bedroom door open.. It came in like a wall of tear gas....I battled my way through the house with our son to get his shoes on and out the door to preschool and I can smell it in the car... even when I don't breathe through my nose I smell it... and I feel like such a...donkey...because I don't want to be acting like the food stinks, but right now I hate it, I sit in our room with the door closed plugging my nose...

I think the smell is caught in my jacket... ughh

I totally feel your pain!!!!if you can explain yourself and go to your mom's for a few weeks there is nothing wrong with that!!

Ugggh I completely understand. Our neighbors cook lots of fragrant foods, and the smell comes RIGHT into our apartment. I swear it gets in everything. I wouldn't blame you at all for going to stay at your mom's for a bit. Maybe you could think of an excuse that wouldn't offend them, like you feel like you need to spend a little time with your mom or something.

My fiance is being great about it though I know he is disappointed that I may stay somewhere else.. I just don't know what to do about where our son will stay or anything. He talked to his mom about it this morning and was teasing that he was gonna kick my butt and his mom, having been pregnant 6 times, yelled at him "no! you need to understand her!" so I feel much better that she is understanding how I feel and is not offended by it, cuz I feel ridiculous, until I smell it again and then I just feel sick.

I feel ya. I smell everything now! Luckily I'm not nauseas yet.

You poor thing!! I have banned onion and garlic and anything that smells strong from the house but it still upsets me when my OH eats it. I would be outa there in a heartbeat!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->