Third day of soy isos and positive OPK?

Scootie

Reaction score
Hey all! Sorry if this is stupid but I have to ask your opinions. I am just over 2 months since my depo shot expired. I had my first period at 52 days but it was mostly brown and light/spotting. I am now CD 9 or 10 depending on whether the first day of spotting was my period or the next day when it was "light". I know normally you would not consider spotting as the first day but since my period was so light and given then depo circumstances I'm not 100%. Anyways.....so I am trying soy isoflavones this cycle. I started them on CD 6 (I know a day late, but I dont have a normal cycle so I thought I'd try it). I took 68 mg the first day, 136 mg the second day, and 136 mg last night. I know the mg are weird, these are the ones I bought: https://www.vitaminworld.com/soy-products-052/soy-isoflavones-000005

So today just to see if anything was going on with my cycle I did an OPK. OK so I just like to POAS. LOL. And it was very positive!!!! Now, I have heard that soy could give a false positive on the OPK, but after searching the internet I can't find any posts by anyone saying that they for sure had that happen. I have only seen posts that say "I have heard...". Has this actually happened to anyone here? I saw one post from a girl who had a positive OPK on soy so she stopped the soy and ov was confirmed with temping. MY temps have not had a sudden drop or spike up to this point. Should I stop the soy?

I found this article. Might explain how, if soy works the same way as clomid, it could cause a false OPK. Hope this helps anyone in the future!

https://www.amazingpregnancy.com/pregnancy-articles/509-html.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"