Third Time Lucky - Fingers Crossed!!!

PopTart28

Reaction score
Good morning everyone,

I hope this finds everyone well and with hopefull/positive feelings of TTC again.

So after my second MC last month I am now at that time in my cycle again when im in the run up to ovulating...

This month however I will be actually testing with ovulation strips each day so I can hopefully time it right to concieve again as my husband wil be working strange hours over the next few weeks and may have to work away from home for a few nights at some point (its all abit last minute when it happens) i know - its not great for TTC but we have our fingers crossed and we've managed a positive result twice before but they both have not stuck, so we know we can concieve, we just have to time it right and try make this one stick...

I will be using the ovulation strips this month as due to two MC my cycle seems to be alittle out of its usual sync and I will have a better idea of whats happeneing and when.

So If anyone wants to join me and buddy up or just exchange experiences, thoughts or share whats happening at the moment and what stage they are at in their cycles your more than welcome..

Im am trying to stay positive after two devastating MC as I feel if you let it take over the negative feelings just overrule everything else. It continues to be so very hard but i am doing really well and as my DH says hes seen a change in me again after this second MC and continues to be increadibly supportive and we both feel this could be third time lucky for us....fingers crossed!

I feel this is for me the best stage in my cycle as I get lots of special time with my husband and even after being married 15 months (everyone says once your married the sex goes downhill) we love the extra special feelings that go with doing the BD in the hope of creating a life.

I like this time in my cycle as im sure many of you will agree the next few stages are not so fun: Waiting to see if you get your period, and if not waiting for a + test is just soooo frustrating and not a fun time, then the last stage which for me has the last two times been the hardest and i feel is much worse than waiting for a + test as you have to wait to see if the little bean has stuck long enough to have a scan.... as we have never had the amazing experience of seeing our little squishy bean on the screen...

Ok so I have read all the instructions and will be taking an ovulation test each day at about 4pm as my LH levels will be at their highest around this time, so we will be doing the BD like theres no tomorrow this week and when i get a positive result we will know we are doing it at the right time for my body.

Im sending positive vibes to everyone else whos in and going through or been in a similar situation, I wish you all luck and am keeping my fingers crossed for all of us.

:hugs: to everyone.

I'll keep you updated as the days go by, and would love some company if anyone wants to join me for my new journey - hopefull for 'third time lucky'.

xxx

Hey Hun sorry for ur loses im also looking for third time lucky just waiting for my dnc then il be back on the bandwagon. Xx

PopTart, I'm in!!!! I'm trying very hard to be positive too. Yesterday was our first baby's due date and it was hard, but it's onwards and upwards from here on in.

Like you, we're trying for 3rd time lucky, after miscarriages last December and at the end of May. I'm only CD4 though so a bit of waiting til ovulation for me....grrr I'm very impatient! And of course goodness knows when ovulation may be- I had some strange, long cycles after m/c number 1. I too am going to use ovulation tests- I've used the clearblue ones before and loved the smiley faces but am going to try the internet cheapies this time so I can test, test, test to my heart's content! I've just ordered some now.

I too dream of seeing a lovely healthy scan....we saw our first wee one and she looked like a proper little baby but sadly her heart had stopped beating by then...I can't imagine the joy of seeing a wee heart beating on the screen.

Cheryl, good luck with your D&C and looking forward to you joining us too.

Lots of love to all and looking forward to us all getting our BFPs and then being bump buddies! :hugs:

Aw sorry for your losses Lou :hugs: why is it so hard for some of us woman. Xx

Im definitely in as well!!! I had a miscarriage at 12 wks in November and I lost triplets at 11wks end of May.. All natural for me, no IVF. I should be ovulating next week so fingers crossed this will be our 3rd time lucky!!!

Im definitely in as well!!! I had a miscarriage at 12 wks in November and I lost triplets at 11wks end of May.. All natural for me, no IVF. I should be ovulating next week so fingers crossed this will be our 3rd time lucky!!!

Aw Hun sorry for your losses:hugs: hope u get ur rainbow this cycle then...xxx

Hey ladies, I just wanted to bring a little hope your way. Looks like I am 3rd time lucky. I am still nervous of course, but everything has been good so far :) I hope you ladies get your 3rd times a charm rainbows too! I was really worried because after my 1st loss everyone said it was just bad luck and next time I'd be fine and then next time came and I lost that one too so I was really scared with this one and thinking it's never go right. I'm finally feeling more confident about this pregnancy though. Wishing you all the best!

Hey ladies, Im so happy to have some company, Im sorry we had and still have to go through this pain but if we stick together and keep esch other positive we can all get our dreams in the end....
For Lou - i got cheapy ovulation kits of the net and took them to my doctor and he showed me the ones they use and give out - they are exactly the same.....plus it means you can test everyday for as long as it takes and not have the added stress of how much its costing. give them a try...message me if you want to know where i got mine from ok- they come in different size packs and are very cheap to buy...
For mysteg - I can only imagine how much harder it was for you loosing triplets and im sorry, I hope you are ok.
For everyone that is along for this so called ride (crazy rollercoaster ride more likely) just remember we all know where we are if a rant, advice or shoulder to cry on is needed. Dont go through it alone and talk about it, trust me it helps...

I am on day 4 of using ovulation tests - been testing about 4:30 each day and had a faint line come up yesterday so my DH and i have been doing the BD every other day since friday - however he is now away with work tll sat night (i know great timing) hopefully my strong positive line wont come up till saturday/sunday as thats when i can roughly work out im due to ovulate, so fingers crossed we can do the BD around the right time to catch my egg.

I will keep updating and hope you all can hang in there with where you are in your cycles - i know its bloody frustrating and just seems to take too long to get to both ovulation dates and then testing but I/we will get there and through it.

After all this is my third try - I have only ever had two positive pregnancy tests and my third is going to be a different outcome...I will stay positive - for this month or next, whenever I get my next positive result im going to do everything i can to make that little jelly bean stick :) and I hope you all can stay positive with me, its better than doing what i did last time and i refuse to go back there.....

As my DH keeps telling me, we will have kids and as long as we can stay positive and enjoy the 'trying' we will get there in the end. I just hope you ladies have somene just as supportive in your lives to lean on and be there for you like he has been for me...

Update soon, fingers crossed, good luck and stay positive. Oooh and enjoy :)

xxxxx

I'm now joining the third time lucky club! I had my first mc back in april, was very stressful with a little spotting at 6 weeks and then 5 scans not knowing if baby was going to get a hb. Unfortunately wasn't meant to be. Then had second mc today, after a chemical. Had first +ve on Monday, 13 days po but very faint, then spotting yesterday and heavy bleeding today.

Just not sure if I have luteal phase defect, as luteal phase was 10/11 days prior to first pregnancy. Had booked in to see Dr about this, as also had some spotting 3/4 dpo, but then got BFP after 5 months of trying so cancelled Dr appointment.

Then seemed to have a good cycle this month, with no spotting in luteal phase, and found out I was pregnant. We appear to be fertile but can't get it to stick. Not sure if I have low progesterone, I also ovulate between day 18 and 22 and have sometimes had some spotting between ovulation and period.

I've booked to see GP about lpd and have arranged acupuncture. Just hoping it will be third time lucky, but concerned there's something causing these early miscarriages, as implantation seems to be a possible issue, as with the first pregnancy, when I had the 6 week scan when started spotting, they only found gest sac and put me a 4/5 weeks not 6. Could just be fluke of unlucky miscarriages but worried there may be more to it, so anxious about trying for number 3.

Do any of you have experience of lpd? I'm trying to stay positive as we are obviously fertile, and it's not uncommon to have chemicals, I tested quite early as well, which I now regret. But I now feel that at least if I go to Dr's I can find out if lpd is the problem.

My nan in law had around 6 very early miscarriages, back in the 50's and then had two full term pregnancies with no medical problems, and I know of another lady who had lots of early miscarriages and went on to have 3 healthy babies, so there's hope for us all!

I wish you all luck.

PopTart, I'm loving the positive attitude, thank you, I am doing my best to stay positive with you! Apparently most people that can get pregnant without too much trouble will one day manage to stay pregnant, so our chances of having a baby one day are good. I've just noticed when you got married- really not far from our date- we were 21/5/11!
My internet cheapies are on the way, they're from amazon, and there are 50 of them! 50!!! I'm just going to be poas-ing day and night! I suppose they all measure LH so you're right, there can't be much difference between them...well, aside from the price.
I'm just CD 7 at the moment...yawn...this cycle is dragging...can't wait to ovulate!
I've got my fingers crossed that you don't get your dark line til your husband is back...miscarriage seemed to delay ovulation for me so hopefully you'll be a little late too. Good luck to you and all the other ladies here xxx

Hi everyone, so many kind words and great ladies to have going through this with me and im very grateful to have found this site and really hope we all have something to really smile about in the coming months.

Lou - you are very welcome and I hope anything I post helps you and anyone that reads it, I hate that we have to go through this and it hurts every time someone says that it’s happening to them or has happened again...it breaks my heart!

So if anything I say helps make someone feel a little bit better; then it was well worth posting....besides I try to give off positive feelings with my words and advice as that helps too...Oh and I’ll give a warning when I’m writing a rant, feeling low or struggling so you don’t get sprung with negative things as we all have enough to deal with on our own without being bombarded with someone else’s negative feelings/words when we’re not expecting it.....I think it’s nice to be given the heads up before you read it, so your prepared a little.

So an UPDATE: I have continued to test every day with the ovulation kits and have been able to watch my line get darker and darker – now lots of people have said they won’t get a positive line unless they are within 48hours of ovulating, but I have watched it go from not there at all, very faint and get stronger until I got a nice strong line today…YAY… although I will continue to test each day for the next 10days or so just incase the lines are false and I am just producing higher levels of hormones after my second M/C and I ovulate later than I’m expecting.

So going on what the strips have been saying my DH has been around since the lines have turned stronger and as he is not travelling away with work for 10 days we have and will continue to do the BD as often as we can in the hope of getting it right this month. So keep your fingers crossed and watch this space….

So how are all you ladies getting on this week so far?

Any cycle news or ovulation updates of your own you want to share….

It would be nice to hear how you are all doing, feeling and getting on within your cycles…..

If your anything like me you find it hard to be patient and hate waiting to ovulate but find it even worse and almost unbearable waiting to see if you get your period at the end of your cycle... dont worry if you are the same let me know what stage of your cycle you are and ill try to keep your mind off the waiting game...xxx

I look forward to seeing how your all getting along, remember think positive, try to relax and as my doctor said in regards to TTC – ‘Enjoy the ride’ ……..

We all go through this, it just takes some of us a little longer to get to the start line as well as the finish, but we will get there…..

Hugs, luck and love to you all, xxxxx

Hi PopTart and everyone else, sorry for the late reply and I hope everyone is feeling ok at the moment. Thanks for the update PopTart, and please, everyone else, put on updates too if you feel like it- I really like the idea of this little group of us trying for 3rd time lucky together and can't wait for the first BFP.

PopTart, all sounds promising for you this cycle. I do agree that the TWW is frustrating- hopefully we will be able to count down the days together. I am on CD 13 and had a few clearblue ovulation tests left, have been using them til I get my internet ones, and no smiley face as yet...but I don't really expect one til about CD 17 or 18. I am feeling sad and jealous today as I have just found out that a former colleague of mine, who is very much younger than me, is expecting twins. I feel awful that this sort of thing gets me down, but sadly it does. Work has been very stressful too so I can't even really be bothered to BD- again, I feel awful about that, too! Ahhh, just trying to chill now- but it's difficult when you're on call all night! Sorry to grumble. But if anyone wants to say anything to cheer me up, it would be greatly appreciated, and maybe I can reciprocate another day.

Lots of love and best wishes to all xxxxx:flower:

Hi everyone,
Lou, I’m sorry and sad that you are not doing too well at the moment, I hope I can help at least make you feel alittle better somehow…
I love that I’m not the only one posting on here now, and it makes it so much easier to go through all this knowing and reading that you’re not the only one going through this…. So thank you ladies for being here with me, xxx
I’m staying hopeful this month as it seems to have worked out with my DH being home over my ovulation period which has been difficult in other months, I’ve had to deal with both losses but also I’ve tended to have ovulated when he’s been away for 1-2 weeks at a time with work – just felt like a waste to me… so this month as he’s been around we’ve made the most of it.
Keep going with your tests Lou and try to relax with it. I know it’s the most difficult thing to do in our situation (it being our third time trying!) but we are here with you and don’t worry about grumbling – you rant away, to hell with it go on and just scream if you need to and I’ll do my best to pick you up if no one else gets there first as I know you’d do it for me if I needed it….that’s the beauty of a site like this, we know what you are going through and will help anyway we can….
I know how you feel in regards to your friends news, I too had to put a very brave face on as 2 days after I finished bleeding from my second m/c a friend of mine who had no idea what I’d just been through announced she was expecting…she had not even been trying and is happily past the 3month mark…..so the feeling of wanting to scream and shout that it’s not fair I completely understand where you’re coming from and with you feeling jealous and upset by that sort of news….please don’t worry those feelings are normal when you have been through what we have…….
I can also appreciate you feeling like you don’t even want to BD, I was also made redundant in May – and after dragging myself out of my hole of grief as well as that news I can’t go back there and try to stay as positive and even though it’s the hardest thing in the world – I try to stay relaxed about ttc and not jump my DH as soon as he walks through the door, it’s just as stressful for him and not fair when he’s been working so hard and is tired – which is hard when we both really want a positive test sooooo badly.
Hang in there honey we are here to listen to everything you have to say, advise on whatever we can and understand what you’re going through and how your feeling so as I said above – rant and scream if you need to we won’t mind…..
Keep your chin up, give yourself a treat – a bubble bath, candles, glass of wine and a book to read to recharge those battered batteries of yours for a few hours one night and you will feel much better I promise…
If that fails and you find yourself in a really bad place with no one to talk to please message me and I’d happily give you my number if you ever need to call for anything even to take out some frustration on someone I won’t mind and will totally understand ok, just let me know….
Let me know how you’re doing when you get a chance if you like and I’ll do my best to take your mind of it, even if it’s only for a little while, it all helps, take care of yourself and remember just breathe, we will get there its just not as easy as it is for some people …..
Lots of love to everyone else and as Lou said if you feel like it let us know what’s happening with you all we’d love to hear about it, xxxxxx
AFM – I’m still doing the BD this week when we can – my DH is working very long hours and we are both really tired with all the BDing but I’m still getting good but not strong lines on my ovulation tests but we will continue to test with them every afternoon and keep trying to get that egg…. I will keep you posted on what’s happening with the tests and if anything changes….fingers crossed.
Sending love to you all and wishing you all luck with whatever stages you are in your cycles.
Update soon, xxxxxx

PopTart, thank you so much, you lovely, lovely lady! Your positive attitude is absolutely inspiring and I am so very grateful for your kind words. It goes without saying that I would gladly try to pick you up when you are feeling down too, and if you want my number anytime, also, please just let me know. I have had another bad day but your words have helped tonight and I am hoping to relax for a while now and then maybe BD later as it's CD14 now so definitely time to really get going! Sorry I don't have time to write much just now but I really am so grateful to you and will definitely keep in touch.

And to everyone else, lots of love, and good luck, wherever you may be in your cycles xx

You are more than welcome Lou, Im glad it helped pick you up alittle after afew tough days...

I Wish I had found this site after my first m/c as the people and experiences you read about on this forum are just an increadible source of positivity for me and i'm once again thankful its helped me after my second loss as im pretty sure i'd have suck back into the pit of devastating despare I ended up in after the first loss!

So anything I can do to make it alittle easier on someone else who has gone or is going though it then my work is done as I'd hate for anyone else to go through it alone like I did (DH was working away from home for both my m/c's)

So Lou, How are you feeling tonight? I hope you have managed to put some good vibes and energy into doing the BD...
as you will be past CD 14 by now, its time as they say to definately 'get on it ;-)' good luck and as alwasy keep us posted...xxxxx

AFM going from my ovulation tests and the varying results in the way of how strong my positive line was, Im guessing i ovulated either on sunday or monday this week, so looking at the days we did the BD I am hoping we have caught our little egg this month..fingers crossed for my ladies.....

This means I am now in the dreaded 2WW and and trying to stay positive and not too obsessed about what may or not happen....so here to trying to not drive myself mad in the next two weeks..

Right I'll keep you posted but wish you all love and luck and hope you ladies are all ok, xxx

Hi PopTart! I'm so glad you managed to BD at the right times this month- I'm very hopeful for you now and will be keeping my fingers crossed, please keep us all posted, especially once you get to testing time. How many DPO do you think you will test? Are you feeling ok about it all today?

AFM, I'm CD 16 now and not even a faint line on OPKs yet so am getting a little impatient. Having said that, I'm on call all weekend so probably best not to get a positive over the next couple of days....we have done the BD at work before but it was stressful to say the least (and totally not the sort of thing I would normally do, but needs must when TTC!!). I am feeling a little better on the whole though, thanks, although am never in the best of moods when doing a whole weekend on call, especially after a busy week at work!

Good luck to everyone xxx

Thanks Lou, I am still thinking of you and hope you have been feeling better over the weekend, what have your last few OPKS been saying - I hope you get your strong lines when you have got your on call weekend over with, less to stress over i agree and im sending hugs if your still alittle down. xxx

I think I ovulated over last weekend so Im 7DPO if ive got it right as I got the strongest lines on my O tests those days.
My DH and I have continued to do the BD just incase I ovulated late this month after the mc last month and its very rare to have him at home this long so we are enjoying each others company untill he goes away again on tuesday for another 17 days.....rubbish :-(

So I will be home alone again when AF is due so ill have to test alone if AF doesnt show - and Im terrified as I miscarried both times while he was away with work and its just alittle like da-ja-vu for us again, but we shall see.....

I'm trying not to think or plan too far ahead as thats what we did previous times so this time its just a wait to see if AF shows.....dont worry ill keep you all posted with whats going on ok...

Besides Ive been having some pretty strange dreams the last few nights which have provided some laughs from my DH when ive told him in the morning:)

Also post BD session thursday night I had the lightest pink tinge to my CM, so I put a liner on just incase... it was just that light coloring and nothing more, it was only visible just after sex! Definately not even enough to call spotting!
So the only thing i can think of is to hope its a little implantation blood coming through... any other thoughts/ideas?

Im trying to not think about things too much but its just soo damn difficault when you want something this badly......

I hope you are all ok and getting good results with your OPKS - if so get that BDing in as much as you can ;-) if your still waiting to O - hang in there.....

I would love to hear whats happening with you ladies, this TTC journey can feel like a very lonely thing to go through sometimes....

Sending big hugs and lots of luck to you all, xxx

Hi Ladies - I love the idea of a 3rd time lucky club! I would love to join after miscarriages in Jan and May. I think I ov'ed yesterday but decided that this month I would ditch all the temping and opks and try relax a little. Also DH and I were on holiday last week (got back last night) so I didn't want to ruin it by POAS all the time.

PopTart I agree that this site is amazing. I think I would be in a mental institute by now if I hadn't have found it :). Your symptoms are sounding very promising - vivid dreams is a good sign. Fingers crossed that you get your BFP soon. When will you test?

Lou - I hope things have improved for you?

Keep in touch ladies! x

PopTart sounds promising this month with the little bit of bleeding and the dreams! I'm sad for you that your husband will not be at home when you test, 17 days is a long time, but we'll all try to keep you company!

Mannymoo, yes, join us for 3rd time lucky! Our babies will be double rainbows! I'm feeling ok-ish today thanks, but CD18 and still no sign of ovulation so feeling a bit frustrated about that! We go on holiday on friday though, so at least if I do ovulate very late there will be lots of opportunities to BD!

Lots of love to all xx

Hi mannymoo, you are very welcome and Id love for you to join us in Third Time Lucky.

I am Sorry for your losses and that you are in the same boat as us in that our sticky beans have not stuck the first two times but I am keeping this thread as positive as I can.

Ooooh Id love a holiday, where did you go? and I hope you had a lovely time away, back to rainy UK now tho :)
Welcome to your TWW, This is my worst time as im rather impatient when it comes to this part of my cycle, hence trying a different tact this month for me. How do you find the TWW and what will you be doing to stop yourself date and clock watching all the time...?

Its nice to have a month off doing all the temping, daily ovulation tests and the clinical feeling of having to lay ith your legs up straight after - my DH always gets the giggles when i am upside down on the bed - he even stays with me and we read together for about 30 minutes which is really cute of him!

I'd love to know what everyone elses partners do when us ladies are doing our post BDing routien of legs up, bum on pillow etc.....?

AFM - I will only test if AF doesnt show... Im nervous this time round so have put off looking at my ovulation calender to see exactly when im due to get AF - I stopped looking at it once i went from + to - ovulation tests.....

I just dont want to be doing what i was the last few months which was checking all my dates everyday it was driving me crazy so im trying really hard to not look at it atleast untill the weekend..which as im feeling now will be very difficult but keeping busy has helped alot!

So by the time DH gets back in just over two weeks ill have probably finished all of the last small DIY jobs inside and sorted the driveway out too - thats how busy i'll be keeping myself.....

I am really happy I have got this site and you lovely ladies to talk too as talking tomy DH is hard while hes away and talking to parents and inlaws about these things can be difficault especially when you dont really want them to know what your up too, mainly because they were all devastated about both mc's so having this site to ask questions, get advice, bounce ideas around or just have a rant or a moan to is a real weight off my mind when im home alone....so thankyou.....

So mannymoo I hope your TWW goes quickly and we are hear if it all gets too much, lt us know if we can do anything to take your mind off it and definately let us know if you start getting any symptoms...exciting......fingers crossed for you, xxx

Lou - im sorry your still feeling alittle blue and down....Keep testing and try to keep busy and dont worry(i know its easier said than done) but you WILL get your + ovulation test so make sure you are ready when it does ;-)

Where are you off too on holiday?

It will be a great oppertunity to either do the BD while your away when you dont have stresses of work with you but if you ovulate before you go at least you can both relax on holiday and just enjoy some time together without having to DTD all the time....so my fingers are also crossed for you, xxx

Right sending lots of luck and hugs to you both, xxx

I will keep you updated on whats happening with me ok, xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back