third time mum more anxious about 12 week scan?

marina294

Mum to 2 DD's
Reaction score
I've been so lucky to have two healthy pregnancys I almost feel like a third I'm being too greedy. I have this awful feeling something will be wrong mainly because I've had so few symptoms this time only sick once and low grade nausea if I didn't eat regular which is now barely there and only had sore boobs around bfp. Whereas with my other two was nauseous from the get go and sick quite often,that coupled with my DH has told SO many friends when I said not to as I'd prefer to wait till the scan and I'm a private person,I would rather deal with things between me and hubby if anything is wrong.Ive also been waiting for a scan date for ages ,finally got one but people haven't stopped asking me when it is.
one mutual friend in particular was almost messaging me every other day asking and to tell her as soon as I know.she is lovely and a fab friend but not what I would call a close friend so it just irritates me slightly and I feel panicky that something might be wrong with each reminder. I know what will be will be but I'll know my answer tuesday just really nervous this time.:nope:

I've been so lucky to have two healthy pregnancys I almost feel like a third I'm being too greedy. I have this awful feeling something will be wrong mainly because I've had so few symptoms this time only sick once and low grade nausea if I didn't eat regular which is now barely there and only had sore boobs around bfp. Whereas with my other two was nauseous from the get go and sick quite often,that coupled with my DH has told SO many friends when I said not to as I'd prefer to wait till the scan and I'm a private person,I would rather deal with things between me and hubby if anything is wrong.Ive also been waiting for a scan date for ages ,finally got one but people haven't stopped asking me when it is.
one mutual friend in particular was almost messaging me every other day asking and to tell her as soon as I know.she is lovely and a fab friend but not what I would call a close friend so it just irritates me slightly and I feel panicky that something might be wrong with each reminder. I know what will be will be but I'll know my answer tuesday just really nervous this time.:nope:

I know how you feel. I am also pregnant with my 3rd. I have been very reluctant to spread the news. This pregnancy is soooo different than my previous two! I am 6 weeks, I go to the Dr tomorrow, praying they do an early scan so I can see that everything is ok. How far along are you?

Thanks for your reply I'm 12 weeks ,I'm in the UK you don't tend to get the first scan till around 12 weeks. I hope we are just both being overly cautious. I hope your appt goes well xx

Bet you're having a boy this time. My sister was practically symptomless with her boy and horridly sick with her girls

Aww thanks my husband says he has a strong boy feeling too.he has no preference but has said that.he isn't a worrier he is the most laid back person I know . I just can't seem to shake the anxiety .

God this is me to a t! Worried sick, we have our scan next tues and so nervous! I didnt have any symptoms with my other two a boy and a girl but with this one I vomit up to 5 times a day and can barely move so I am hoping it means we may be ok! Good luck all us third timers xxxx

I know exactly what you mean!!! i was ok pregnant with my 1st 2, but when pregnant with my 3rd i was worried sick!!!

This is my 4th and I'm worse now than in my other pregnancies, only my partner and my mum know that were expecting, no-one else. I was so paranoid in the earlier days that there was no baby, but I've managed to pick the heartbeat up on a doppler from 8+weeks so that has put my mind at ease slightly, i just need my scan now which is in 2 weeks time :( just to reassure me more than everything is ok

Ive put it down to the fact, that when you already have kids you realise how lucky you are that they are here and can't imagine life without them. Some people say a baby in the womb is just cells, embryo etc etc... But because we have children, we can relate to the fact thats its a living child of ours and we would do anything to protect them, but you feel helpless when pregnant because all we can do is hope and pray that everything is ok.

with my 3rd i couldn't relax till i got to 24 weeks, then i felt good lol

Bet you're having a boy this time. My sister was practically symptomless with her boy and horridly sick with her girls

I was horribly sick with my boy!

This is my second pregnancy and so different, with my son I was sick from day dot and sick then whole way through. Full of symptoms. From the get go.

I hardly feel anything but sore boobs that come and go so far, so I'm also worried. I'm 5+2 and was already living in the bathroom by now last time :-\

I was horribly sick with my boy!

This is my second pregnancy and so different, with my son I was sick from day dot and sick then whole way through. Full of symptoms. From the get go.

I hardly feel anything but sore boobs that come and go so far, so I'm also worried. I'm 5+2 and was already living in the bathroom by now last time :-\

I was horribly sick with my boy too - but not at all with my girl.

Another 3rd timer here - I paid for a private scan at what I thought was 9+1 but measured 10+1 as I couldn't wait lol. Luckily everything was fine and we went ahead and told people. Still waiting for what would have been the first scan if I'd not gone private, it'll be on the 31st. SO long!

I am defo far more worried this time round.

I can totally identify. This is my 4th pregnancy, and I also think what are the odds of 4 succesful pregnancy es in a row? It doesn't help that I've told almost everyone already. Scan still almost 2 weeks from now. My husband also laid back and very optimistic. I guess I'll do the worrying for us both!
I was worried during all my pregnancies - I do have anxiety issues though so that's probably why!

This is my second pregnancy. We had two miscarriages prior to my last pregnancy with my daughter. I didn't get any real symptoms with my daughter till around 7-8 weeks so I know at only 5 weeks I probably won't start to feel sick for a few more weeks yet but it does worry me! We have paid for a private scan which is in a few weeks time so hopefully everything will be ok.. I appreciate the worry though! X

Just remember all pregnancies are different! Good luck and congratulations!

I'm a third timer too and very unplanned this time and i am the same very anxious and reluctant to tell people. OH doesnt understand he says we had no problems with other two so why worry this time but we are keeping lips sealed until12 week scan at least.....if i get my way probably longer were going to book a 16week gender scan and i want to wait to tel til then if i am not showing.

this is my 3rd as well. i have a couple symptoms that come and go. i am so nervous! i am going to beg my dr for an early scan but not sure if they will do it, or when they would consider it!!

Thanks for all replies ladies scan is at 2.40pm so will update after

Good luck hun. I bet everything is just fine :) :) :)

I hope I don't worry anyone but unfortunately my scan did not go well.my instincts appeared correct little bubba stopped growing 8+3. I feel so heartbroken at the moment .thanks for all your replies they did help me feel better whilst I was waiting. Hope all you ladies have lovely healthy pregnancies xxx

Oh my gosh hunny. I was NOT expecting to read this. I am so so sorry for your loss. I'm only a pm away if you need a shoulder. Massive hugs :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"