Thirsty

goingforit

Reaction score
Anyone find themselves constantly thirsty? Even after they've drank? I'm only in very early stages of pregnant but I'm very thirsty.

Any tips to help this except to keep drinking would be fab! Thanks

I am exactly the same, I'm also cramping when dehydrated

I'm feeling very different this pregnancy. I'm barely ever thirsty. I have to remind myself to sleep. But with my first, I was SO thirsty that the only thing that really helped was going swimming! I needed to submerge myself completely in water. Luckily it was summer time. :)

Are you drinking ice cold plain water? Sometimes even after I drink juice or tea or something, I will crave just some plain ice cold water. Only plain water will quench my thirst. :)

Thank you for your response. I am drinking cold water although not ice cold. I can literally drink bottle after bottle of it! I've come to the conclusion that it may be because I seem to sweat a lot in the night (only since pregnant) and also because of the extra blood in my body. I will try ice water and see if that helps. Thanks

I'm CONSTANTLY thirsty. If I didn't know I was pregnant I would get myself tested for diabetes or kushins. Like I drink 4 23 Oz water bottles at work and then probably 5-8 27 Oz tumblers between work and bed. And I still have the urge to drink more but stop myself because that sounds like too much.

Even though its early, your baby is forming its amniotic sac and keeping it fresh which requires A LOT of water. And even though you don't feel it, your body is literally exercising every minute of the day as your baby grows. Keep sipping on water throughout the day. It's not only good for the baby and you, ice cold water is supposed to help with nausea and nutrient absorption. But a pregnant women needs to drink more than 80 fluid ounces of water a day. One source (forgot who this was a year ago) said over 100. What to Expect says 12-13 eight ounce glasses a day which is 96-104. Just spread it out/keep sipping all day. If you're feeling the thirst, my gyn says you are not getting enough water and to drink even more. Every pregnancy is different so different pregnancies need more or less water.

No other tips really sorry lol or try eating water rich foods like watermelon but straight water is the best

With DD I felt like I was dying of thirst the whole pregnancy (no diabetes), most of it I could barely get water in without feeling sick. This pregnancy I'm rarely thirsty and find I have to remind myself to drink more.

Yes! I'm having to give up my massive tea habit and drink water instead. The withdrawal headaches are terrible.

Yes I was the whole pg-no diabetes. X

Yes! So thirsty!
Feels so strange as I dont. normally drink much at all. I just drink whenever I need to as I assume it's my body needing the extra fluids

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->