Thirteen Months!!

HLanders

Mom of twin girls
Reaction score
Sorry... I just am SUPER proud of myself...

After 13 months, I'm proud to say that I'm STILL nursing my twins! They're nursing 3 times a day, early in the AM, before afternoon nap and before bed. I just started taking antibiotics for my first round of mastitis... but I'm still overjoyed. I thought initially I wouldn't even make it to 3 months because it was so tough to get their latch right (we used nipple shields for 8 weeks). I was so sleep deprived and ready to give up, but my husband said he would wait 24 hours before buying any formula. 4-months in it became so easy that I actually hated having to introduce solids. We passed a year and they're showing no signs of wanting to give it up yet. I never thought I'd be nursing two TODDLERS!! lol!

This forum was an essential help in the beginning... reading other posts, whining, and celebrating. So, thank you, to everyone in this group who was uplifting and supportive and knowledgeable. Oh, and go me!! :happydance:

Wow! Well done! :happydance:

I just can't imagine how you got through growth spurts with twins. I thought I would go crazy with just the one baby.
Did they have growth spurts at the same time?

Wow! Well done! :happydance:

I just can't imagine how you got through growth spurts with twins. I thought I would go crazy with just the one baby.
Did they have growth spurts at the same time?

Yeah, growth spurts were pretty consistent with them... Thankfully I was able to stay home with them, so on growth spurts days I got comfortable, hoarded snacks in my corner and kept my phone and the remote close by. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->