Thirteen Months!!

Discussion in 'Breastfeeding' started by HLanders, Oct 1, 2013.

1. HLanders

HLanders Mom of twin girls

Sorry... I just am SUPER proud of myself...

After 13 months, I'm proud to say that I'm STILL nursing my twins! They're nursing 3 times a day, early in the AM, before afternoon nap and before bed. I just started taking antibiotics for my first round of mastitis... but I'm still overjoyed. I thought initially I wouldn't even make it to 3 months because it was so tough to get their latch right (we used nipple shields for 8 weeks). I was so sleep deprived and ready to give up, but my husband said he would wait 24 hours before buying any formula. 4-months in it became so easy that I actually hated having to introduce solids. We passed a year and they're showing no signs of wanting to give it up yet. I never thought I'd be nursing two TODDLERS!! lol!

This forum was an essential help in the beginning... reading other posts, whining, and celebrating. So, thank you, to everyone in this group who was uplifting and supportive and knowledgeable. Oh, and go me!! :happydance:

2. Marie000

Marie000 Well-Known Member

Wow! Well done! :happydance:

I just can't imagine how you got through growth spurts with twins. I thought I would go crazy with just the one baby.
    Did they have growth spurts at the same time?

3. dizzy65

dizzy65 Momma of my 4 Boys!

wahoo well done congrats :flower:

4. HLanders

HLanders Mom of twin girls

Yeah, growth spurts were pretty consistent with them... Thankfully I was able to stay home with them, so on growth spurts days I got comfortable, hoarded snacks in my corner and kept my phone and the remote close by. :)