This is George, my cyst.

OnErth&InHvn

Mom to 4
Reaction score
Went last week to dr and got my u/s resport today!

"Rt Ovary: 13.7, 11.7, 9.2cm
Lft Ovary: 2.9, 2.6, 1.6cm

Very Large Complex, Septated Mass Present in Rt Ovary measuring 14.2 x 7.0 x 10.2cm. Small amount of free fluid in CDS."

I didnt know what septated meant, I didnt know my Rt Ovary was large and had NO idea what the heck the fluid was. CDS is Cul De Sac.

The way i read this (and im not a dr) is that my rt ovary is very large, the cyst is very large with solid parts that is divided into 2 parts and theres some fluid in me that may be from the cyst.

Heres a pic, which i thought was my ovary and cyst but they have it labeled as the cyst...

https://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f6/babyale06/IMG_20150318_144657_zpsn753zrwq.jpg

Im having it removed but does anyone understand this dr language? Anyone have a dermoid cyst removed (open or lap)?

It's quite normal to have a small amount of fluid in the pelvic CDS, it's more concerning when there's large amounts. A small amount may just be natural, or could be from a recently ruptured cyst.

Septated means that the cyst has more than one part/section to it, which may be a mixture of soft/fluid, solid, and in between. Your right ovary is probably only large because of the cyst, as it states that the cyst is present 'IN' the ovary, so I would assume it isn't naturally large - it's possibly been stretched/enlarged by this cyst.

I'm afraid I can't give you any experience on the removal as I've not had it, but I hope it all goes well for you :)

I know a tiny bit about dermoid cysts. But only because I used to work in an anatomic pathology lab. Dermoid cysts are sort of a strange and interesting entity. Dermoid cysts are filled with all sorts of strange things, most typically they are filled with hair and/or skin tissue. I don't know why this is but I guess it has to do with the fact that it's connected to our reproductive systems which we make full humans out of it, so when something abnormal comes up, like a cyst, we make all sorts of funky stuff. I've seen dermoid cysts filled with brain matter and also got a tiny jaw in one once. They're crazy.

That being said, they are very common to have. I'm sorry you have to have your ovary removed due to it though :(

its not in my ovary, im not sure why it says that? the cyst is actually 14.2cm and my ovary is 13.7.

Where is it then? And why are you having your ovary removed if not for the cyst? O:

Where is it then? And why are you having your ovary removed if not for the cyst? O:

Its on my ovary. The ovary is because it is enlarged and they dont know if theres any tissue thats healthy to save.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->