This is it!!

RaisinKane13

Reaction score
Im in the hospital right now. Going to have my baby girl anytime:cloud9:

Congrats! I can't wait for my day!!! Hope all goes smoothly for you!

Ah wow, good luck, let us know how you get on xx

So exciting !! Good luck - hoping everything goes smoothly for you!

Well ladies, I had my baby girl. And I must say she is perfect in every way for me. Looks nothing like me and absolutely everything like her daddy. Figures. lol :haha:

Well on April 3rd I had went in to my normal appointment to get checked. Well my doctor checked me and said that absolutely nothing was happening. My cervix wasn't even dilated and my cervix was still thick. But I was cramping so bad in both my stomach and my back. I KNEW something was happening. But she said nope and sent me on my way saying see you Saturday for your induction. I was in so much pain, I called into work, told them I was take 3 personal days before my induction day. I literally laid on my couch all day and barely left it to even go to the bathroom. When DH came home, he told me to call the doctor and tell them what I was experiencing. Well I did, and they said, well since you were just here and nothing was happening, everything is completely normal. Just take a shower and put a heating pad on. :wacko: Well I did that and nothing had changed, but the cramping stopped enough to the point where I fell asleep at about 11.

At 1 am I woke up with the worst cramps ever. I decided to just get up and watch tv in my living room, so I didn't keep DH up because he had to work. I stayed up for an hour watching tv but I was so tired I tried sleeping on the couch. Well then I started to get grueling pain in my back. Tightening if you will. I kinda ignored it for like a half hour. Then Finally, it hit me, is this something important? I timed the next one, then the one after that. They were coming every 3 to 5 minutes apart and last for about 30 seconds. At this point it was about 330. I woke DH up and he told me to call. Well i am very stubborn and told him no, they told me nothing was happening. Of course Im crying and upset, but stubborn. SO I took a shower and stayed in it for about a half hour. Then i got out and They hadn't stopped. I had the heating pad on and watched tv. Well I started to drift off. But Every 3 to 5 minutes i was woken up. They seemed to last longer too. Finally at 6 am, I woke up DH again as he was going to work in an hour. He told me to call and I finally gave in. I called L&D and they told me go ahead and come in. Bring all my bags because I was over my due date so most likely they would just keep me if I was in severe pain. Well off we go (After DH took his sweet time getting packed. Men :wacko::haha:)

We got to the delivery ward at about 7:30. The contractions were lasting longer, but still every 3 to 5 mins. I was in so much pain. But i tried to be okay. Because at this point I was convinced that they were going to tell me I wasnt dilated and that they were going to send me home. Finally after I got to my room and the nurse came in and put me and baby on monitors. I was monitored for a while and the doctor came in and finally checked me. I was completely thinned out and 3cm dilated. I was so happy! Not only that, but my water had broke when I went in to change into my hospital gown. Unfortunately, My little girl had a bowel movement well she was in my stomach :nope:

Not long after I got settled and checked. The anesthesiologist came in and talked to me about getting a epidural. I had the mindset that I would see how far I could go, and If I needed it then I needed it. Well after having horrible pain since 1 am. I got it as soon as possible. Honestly, I am so happy that I did because It automatically made labor way more pleasant for me. And I could think and enjoy myself. Not only that, but get myself ready for what I was about to experience! My little girl. I got checked at about 10:30 and I was 6 1/2 Cm Dilated. I was progressing pretty quickly. Baby was perfect. Hubby and I were playing cards and watching sports network.(his fav of course) About 4 hours later, I was checked again. 8 cm! Nurses thought I'd have her by 6:30. Then I hit a wall. I started slowing down progressing. So they gave me a LITTLE bit of Picitocin (SP?) To start to push me a little more. Well by 830, I was ready to push. At this point, I let the epidural wear off a little because I wanted to feel my legs to have some control.(Best decision!) I pushed for a half hour and all that was happening was every contraction I'd get I would push her head down, and then she'd move back up and her heart rate would go insane. So the doctor suggest I sit for a half hour. Well during this time( It flew by!) I prepared myself and I was ready to go! The doctor came in and was so surprised because I was a completely different pusher. :haha: I think I was ready. Well I pushed and pushed and pushed. And of course, to me, I felt like nothing was happening. I kinda gave up! I have to admit it. It was so hard. I kept saying I can't do this. But between my wonderful DH and the staff. I was encouraged. I pushed more and finally I heard that her head had made it past my bone and my DH could see her head. I could feel her head. They called everyone in. Including NCU because of her bowel movement. Well I pushed about 2 more contractions and she was out!

Her cord was wrapped around her neck. It was wrapped pretty tight to the point where she was completely grey. I heard the doctors say that they needed to cut it right away! Then once she was cut, She was quickly brought over to get all the fluid out of her throat. Well once all that was done, I finally heard her cry for the first time. She was absolutely beautiful. Unfortunately she had to be brought up to the nursery right away. So my Dh and I only got to see her for a second. We were told when we went up to the mother and baby floor she would be in our room. Well she didn't get to sleep with us in our room the first night. She had to be monitored because she wasn't breathing correctly. We spent about an hour with her in the nursery, and then we took advantage of the time and went to sleep. I woke up early and by that time the pediatrician looked at her and she was a-okay!

I tried breast feeding, but my milk didn't come in and still hasn't. So I decided to stick to formula feeding as I would be doing that when she was six weeks anyway. She is a fabulous eater!

So Jayla Riyan was born at 10:20 on april 4th. She was 7lbs 1 ounce and 19inches long. She already has her daddy wrapped around her finger and he hasn't stopped holding her and looking at her. My two babies. :cloud9:

I just want everyone to remember, things don't always go as planned. Try to relax, if you don't your experience may not be as good as it could be. Good luck girls. Sorry so long. :hugs:

Attachments

• 524748_10200152386906190_1412122600_n.jpg
    524748_10200152386906190_1412122600_n.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 20
Congrats she's beautiful xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members