This kind of upset me

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by Darlin65, Nov 14, 2011.

1. Darlin65

Darlin65 Married with a Munchkin

Got this off the "what to expect" site

Whether you are experiencing slight queasiness or hurling breakfast, lunch, or dinner (or all three), look on the bright side. (Though admittedly it’s hard to look at the bright side when your view is the porcelain goddess!) Women who experience some nausea are significantly less likely to miscarry than those who don’t.

I always heard its perfectly normal that some woman don't get ms. I'm not sick at all yet.

2. broodyb

broodyb Well-Known Member

Oh god really????? I havent been sick at all :-( and having had a mmc before im terrified of my 12 week scan

3. Darlin65

I'm so worried now :(

4. MrsBump1

MrsBump1 Well-Known Member

I have suffered with HG ( severe morning sickness ) in both my pregnancies. In my first it didnt start until i was 7 weeks the second somewhere in my 6th so it could all kick off yet and for the record my mum and my sister both had 4 kids and had NO sickness what so ever in all pregnancies and no MC's..... Yes i hate them for the no sickness! lol

5. Darlin65

I'm just worrying over everything because I am having problems getting into the dr. and this is my 1st pregnancy :dohh:

6. KahluaCupcake

KahluaCupcake Achievement Unlocked: PG

I do have to admit, all the nausea and tossing my cookies HAS been reassuring to me. Last time, I only threw up once or twice by 11 weeks, and only had slight nausea compared to what I'm having now. My doctor even told me it's a good sign: that it means the hormones are high.

HOWEVER, my best friend full-out SKIPPED the first trimester, with no symptoms whatsoever besides gaining a few pounds. She didn't find out she was pregnant until 13.5 weeks, and never had morning sickness before or after. She had a girl, too, which is rumored to cause more severe morning sickness.

So really....it's different for everyone. Yes, having really bad morning sickness usually does mean you're carrying a growing baby. But having an easy time of it DOES NOT MEAN you are GOING TO miscarry. I believe statistics simply say that women who DO have bad morning sickness tend to not miscarry. (And even then, I want to see proof.) It does not say that women who don't have morning sickness are more likely to miscarry.

And really, do you believe everything you read online? :)
    I'm going to start a new rumor. Hmmmmmmmm if blue or purple was your favorite color growing up, you're going to have a boy. And if your favorite color was yellow or pink, you're having a girl. If it was red or orange, you're having a hermaphrodite....sorry.

Chin up, ladies. Whatever will be, will be. <3

7. zofranks

zofranks Well-Known Member

I have hardly had anything, just slight queasiness so far. I spoke to my mw about this & she said there is no evidence either way. Both my friends who had very healthy babies never had any ms just heartburn all he way through. I am trying not to worry about it too much but I will feel so much better when I finally get my proper mw booking appt & my first scan.

8. MrsBump1

Well let me also share that this worry your feeling wont stop when your beautiful baby is born! lol. Your be fine hun xx

9. Darlin65

I know DF told me today "Worrying is what moms do, your a mom now" lol god that sounds weird to say still... I'm a mom hehe :cloud9:

10. mernie

mernie Mom and Pregnant with #2!

I'm sick this go around, but with DD I didn't have MS and she's fine. I hate that they worded it like that. EVERY pregnancy is different, some women just don't have MS and they should ENJOY it! Don't worry hun xx

11. lornapj83

lornapj83 Love my babies

hey ladies i have had 3 pregnancys my last was identical twins who are 6 on thursday my 4 boys are perfectly healthy my eldest is 10 then 7yr old then twins and i had NO morning sickness or NEVER even felt queasy with ANY of the pregnancys so please try not to believe everything you read online HH pregnancys to you all xxx

12. StaceyKor

StaceyKor Mummy to 2 princesses x

I havent had any MS at all. Neither did my mum or gran with any of their pregnancys so I'm not letting it worry me x

13. wantingagirl

wantingagirl Well-Known Member

hun with my son I had one small wave of sickness when I found out at 14dpo then nowt until labour when I was pyshically sick and Cody turned out just fine. With my miscarriage in Feb I was sick from the moment I found out all day every day then symptons left when started bleeding so constant sickness as you see or no sickness means nothing. With this one Im sick some days yes some days no and usually morning and evening imn so terrfiied of miscarrying again but agree there is nothing we can do to stop anything just enjoy it :flower: xxx

14. kat2504

kat2504 Well-Known Member

I haven't had any sickness (am nearly 19 weeks now). Many friends I know have had very healthy pregnancies with little or no sickness. Also someone I know was pregnant with twins, she was very very sick and sadly she lost the babies.

There might be some link between nausea and the chance of miscarriage. I guess it is because your hcg is high. but I don't think this is something you should be worrying about. I know I did worry a bit, I wanted loads of symptoms as reassurance. But really, most women I know had only a bit of queasiness if any at all.

15. MrsEvanson

MrsEvanson Mummy2Princess&Expecting!

With my DD i didnt get hardley any morning sickness and jst had heartburn all the way thru im now 8 weeks and still just a wave nausea now n then and the heartburn but thats it really cant wait till my booking app on the 27th!!

16. chrislo4

chrislo4 Mum to Lucie & expecting!

I think i remember reading something similar somewhere about women who dont get MS are more likely to have a MC. The reason being 'substances' which could potentially harm the baby remain inside rather than being bought up.

My SIL had virtually no symptoms during her pregnancy (including no sickness at all) and has a healthy 1 year old. Every womans pregnancy is different. Dont let it upset you. Enjoy your pregnancy and the fact your not having MS!! xx

17. MrsBump1

Im so jealous of women who have no sickness at all!!!! Lol

18. NickyNack

NickyNack Mum of 3 girls, soon 4!!

I was sick once at 7 months preggo with my first then no sickness at all with second, or with 2 mc's, mildly nauseous and a few times sick early on with third baby and completely nauseas but not actually been sick yet, with this one.

So that is completely inaccurate. .....Stupid website freaking people out, every pregnancy for every woman is different. So don't worry ladies, no MS does not necessarily mean no baby!! :flower:

19. annagrace

annagrace Well-Known Member

These websites, especially accredited ones, should know better. EVERY small thing i read goes into my pregnant brain and sits and niggles at me! They need to be careful what they publish.

20. pinklightbulb

pinklightbulb Single Mummy

I had no m/s at all with my son and he's a healthy happy nearly 2 year old. Statistics aren't the be all and end all :hugs: I was scared by this too but I have a toddler putting paid to any fears I had about it not being the 'norm' or that the pregnancy wasn't healthy.