This may be a stupid question...

lilmisscaviar

2 girls, 3 boys
Reaction score
But is it ok to go swimming during early pregnancy? I know later in pregnancy your mucus plug is completely formed and blocks out any bacteria from entering your uterus. I was concerned about bacteria (like e.coli or salmonella) in the lake that I was going to go swimming at getting "up there" and maybe causing an infection. I know this is probably a stupid question but I've never been pregnant during the summer before. :blush:

It's fine. My doctor tells me to go swimming for exercise. So I am pretty sure it is fine.

I take the kids swimming every sunday so have been the whole pregnancy. Told the MW I was when she asked what kind of things I do and she said swimming is great.

I go swimming with DD weekly also due to a mother and baby swimming lesson. Swimming is great for joints hence the elderly, pregnant and bigger people are encourage to go. We get half price swimming here if your pregnant from one of our local pools.

Not a stupid question. I never thought of it myself! I guess if it's a super dirty lake you may want to be cautious, but more about it getting in your mouth and making you sick. If relatively clean, I wouldn't worry about it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->