• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

This might sound stupid but...

LuluBee

Mummy to Alex
Reaction score
do you always know when your waters break? I'm worried that I would go swimming sometime nearer my due date and my waters would go while I'm in the pool - would I notice?

I always thought when your waters go you know it. Like if you pee'd in the bath you'd know right? I think it's the same sensation but a lot of water. Some women leak a little bit then have a WHOOSH.

its had to say because everyone is totally different, i heard and felt mine pop and then felt the waters run out! but i guess not everyone is the same lol some peoples trickle xxx

They had to break mine with my first, so it's a bit different, but it really was a big old WOOSH!!

They had to break my mums 3 times for all of her kids so I will not be hanging about waiting on mine to go. But Is it like the films? hardly enough to drawn someone would it?lol

i always wonder what would happen if i was in the bath! i suppose you just know

They had to break my waters too but because I was worried about the same thing when pregnant, the MW told me that even if they do break, they will continue to leak as the waters are constantly reproduced. Plus swimming is so good when pregnant it is a such a shame not to go in case they break!

My sisters broke while she was in the bath and she new about it. I don't think you'll miss it if it happens while your swimming!! Unless it's just a trickle of course - but then you'll be aware of the rest of it later.

I felt mine go but it wasn't a whoosh, more just constantly trickling out. I think you'd know if they went while swimming x

hehe if they go in the swimming pool do you think it'll turn the water a funny colour like if you wee??

Mine started trickling at home and I did not notice.
When it started gushing out there is no way I couldn't notice.

Thank you ladies, I guess I'm just worried because I have an incompetant cervix and am a Group B Strep carrier so need to be in hospital as soon as my waters start to break as I need to be on antibiotics straight away and I'm likely to have a quick labour - I hope the water doesn't go a funny colour in the pool (although at least I'd know they'd gone!!!!!)

its reaaalllly warm aswell so i think you'd feel it in the pool =) x

Mine broke down the toilet, I thought I'd just had a rather long wee! xXx

Dont want to rock the boat but......my sister didnt know her waters had gone till they went to break them in the hospital and they wernt there!! She cant even remember them leaking or anything?? Strange...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"