This nausea is vile!

Lashes85

Mommy to FOUR boys <3
Reaction score
Hi girls

I'm suffering so bad with nausea, it's all day long and even wakes me up in the night! I can't eat and can just about sip water. Smells makes me want to hurl &#128567;
This is my 6th baby and I have never experienced nausea this bad with my others. I'm so tempted to go and throw up in the hope that it will make me feel better.

Anyone else suffering and have any remedies?

Hello :) very much me! This is my first baby and morning sickness has floored me. I started with feeling extremely sick 24/7 at 5 weeks. I couldn't stand the smell of cooking or things like washing powder or deodorant, found water intolerable (previously it's pretty much all I drank) and went off all food. I'm now 10 weeks and it's still going. That said, I've noticed I have had a couple slightly better days over the last week so I'm hoping it might be the start of it wearing off over the next 2-3 weeks!

As it happens, I suffer quite badly from emetephobia and so I ended up on medication. I still feel horribly sick 24/7 but it helps me cope with the fear of actually being sick. That said, I do still cry when I feel like I might be sick, I feel like I'm so pathetic!

But in terms of eating/drinking, it's been trial and error. I have to snack every hour and I basically eat what I feel I can stomach each day. I don't want to eat it nor enjoy anything, I have to force it down! I've been living off sweet potato mash, fish fingers and ham sandwiches. Very healthy, doh!

Have you tried B6 vitamins? I take those alongside my meds. My doc swears by them but I can't say I've noticed they've helped the nausea. I also wear sea sick bands, oh and my nausea is tied in with indigestion sometimes and gaviscon seems to help settle that a bit.

Heres hoping the first trimester passes quickly! It seems to have been the longest 5 weeks of my life so far, but getting there I suppose!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->