This Time Of Year...

Reaction score
... All our babies seem to have colds and virus's, infections etc

So i thought it would be nice if we could all share our tips and ideas of how to make our Little Ones feel better!

I'm using a Saline Solution to clear her blocked nose and have ordered one of those sucker things to clear it out also but won't get it until tuesday.
Have also put a towel under her matress under her head so shes at an angle a bit when shes sleeping.

Poor little thing woke up 6 times last night stuggling to breathe!! It's so sad, how is everyone else getting on with their ill babies?

I just wish there was a drink they could take to make them allllll better! Lol.
How long do these colds usually last anyway?

James has a cold too. They sound so awful when they are snuffly and struggling. James doesn't seem too bothered by his until this morning. Now he has woken himself from his nap cos he could hardly breathe through his nose. I want to get him some snuffle babe but I'm snowed in and our local shop doesn't sell it. Need to walk there anyway to get some sugar and milk so will have a look if they have anything else.

i always find a wet/damp towel over the radiator with a couple of drops of olbas oil on always helps not a lot you can do for the little mites though bless em, thank goodness colds dont last too long x

Put the baby in the bathroom while you shower and don't turn on the fan. The steam really helps. Glad to hear you are getting a sucker as they work great.

Dissolve a teaspoon of vicks in a glass bowl of very hot water and put it in the room with your LO when they go to sleep. As the water vapour rises it fills the room with vicks without you having to put in on LOs skin.

Another good tip, particularly if BF is to put a couple of drops of karvol on your body close to where your LO's nose naturally goes when feeding, that way they can breathe it in whilst feeding.

Ive been using the saline drops for a few weeks, she just cant shift her bunged up nose :growlmad:. I think i will have a look at those nose suckers.

We have taken her into the bathroom a few times with the steam.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->