This year's hits

motherofboys

Reaction score
What have been this years hits.

Ds1 and ds2s have been their gaming stuff so far.

Ds3 and ds4 have been their WWE toys.

Ds5 hasn't even finished opening his presents. He just says no if offered a present, and wants to walk round with his toy hoover all day :haha:

DD2 is her PC (obviously). It made me cry when she opened it, she couldn't work it out from the box then when OH said what it was, she just stopped and instantly hugged him.

DD1 hasn't picked a favourite - probably her ring light and makeup but is playing on ColorsLive a lot.

Last edited:
For Dom I think Fifa22 and his Arsenal Away shirt were the best of the lot.

For Sebby quite a lot of things :D He loves his soldier costume and helmet, his army playset, the Treasure X lab, his countryballs notebook and his axolotl plushie.

For DD she loves her punching bag even though it's not hung up yet, she loves her writing sets too.

My DD loves his painting sets and lava lamp.

Hard to say. I'm quite disappointed in the quality of thr hamster marble run. It doesn't sit flat so doesn't work. Looked at reviews and everyone had said the same. Gutted but dd2 is enjoying it anyway.

My eldest loves the bits for her room and has already asked me to help her sort it out and she wants to put the Christmas bedding away (I said maybe on Monday)

I've only just sorted their fit watch out, was hard work.

All in all they love everything and have had a great day so far. X

DD2 is her PC (obviously). It made me cry when she opened it, she couldn't work it out from the box then when OH said what it was, she just stopped and instantly hugged him.

DD2 hasn't picked a favourite - probably her ring light and makeup but is playing on ColorsLive a lot.
Aww that’s adorable !!

DDs love their new Amazon tablets and headphones . They also love their soft toys .

DS all his vehicles !

DD1 bucket hat, microscope, dolls cot
DD2 lego, Barbie House, dressing gown/blanket/slippers
DS lego, turbo man, bubble bath

M- laptop was his biggest hit but he was thrilled with everything

h- splatoon he’s not stopped playing it
He’s also obsessed with his pikachu pop figure

Rip says his favourite is his wireless light up headphones. But the thing he has played with most so far is a sensory cube with a mini voice recorder that was about £10 :haha:

Niko had to pretty much be bribed to open his presents he really wasn’t bothered! He’s confined to play old games on his switch that already had!

Oh I am sorry Niko was less than excited :( That must have been disappointing after all the thought you put into it. :hugs:

Aww I think some kids just got a tad overwhelmed with it all ! I’m sure over the next few days he will show more interest in his new toys x

Sorry Niko wasn't very excited. I agree he could be overwhelmed with everything at once. Once things calm down I'm sure he will be more interested.

It’s definitely been a bit much for Niko this year. He’s complained toys are too loud, the house is too busy etc.

I think because Rio is Autistic and Niko is “neurotypical” we sometimes make more effort to change the environment to suit Rio’s needs and just assume Niko will be fine but it’s not always the case. There are some things Niko doesn’t cope well with also and it’s not become as apparent with him til he’s got a bit older. So now I’m sat here with massive mum guilt. The trial and error of being a parent eh? :haha:

Sorry for your mum guilt Kirsty, please try to let it go, we can never do it all, no matter how much we try, give Niko a couple of days and when things settle he'll maybe spend more time with his new things.

Ds has played a lot with his air hockey table and mastermind, but I think his baby Yoda has been an absolute hit with the whole house, it's very cute.
Youngest niece loves her inflatable TRex costume (I was more than a bit surprised when it appeared on her list)
Middle niece's biggest hit is her gaming chair, I hadn't but it together, she assembled it straight away, she looks tiny, and a bit like a gorgeous Bond villain, in it.

It’s definitely been a bit much for Niko this year. He’s complained toys are too loud, the house is too busy etc.

I think because Rio is Autistic and Niko is “neurotypical” we sometimes make more effort to change the environment to suit Rio’s needs and just assume Niko will be fine but it’s not always the case. There are some things Niko doesn’t cope well with also and it’s not become as apparent with him til he’s got a bit older. So now I’m sat here with massive mum guilt. The trial and error of being a parent eh? :haha:
Aww don’t feel guilty at all !!! It’s hard judging the needs of two totally different children ! It’s a minefield this parenting lark hahah xx

Ds has played a lot with his remote control dino car, VTech basketball net and akedo battle arena.

Dd2 loves her cocomelon musical bathtub.

I'm not sure what dd1 likes best. We still have more things to open.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->