• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Those pregnant with twins, what were your first signs / symptoms / clues?

DevotedMommy

Mother of 1, 1st Tri w/#2
Reaction score
I am just curious as to how you discovered and if you had any clues / symptoms ahead of time, before the doctor confirmed it...

Good question hun ...didnt wanna read and run

id like to know too.... emlouize is having twins on here in the 1st tri

Yea I am curious. This time around my symptoms are stong. I had three other little girls with barely any symptoms. So I am hoping one was missed at 6 weeks LOL

I'd be curious too. Not cause I think it's twins, but just because :p Honestly twins would be a crazy amount of work - it would scare me!

Hi,
I had no idea I was having twins until my 12 week scan!, there was nothing really at all that gave me a clue lol xx

i dint have any clues or symptoms ahead of time apart from now i think about it my extreme sickness, (they say it can double with multiples) but then again i found out i was having twins at 6 weeks due to an early scan so i guess 6 weeks is too early for any major symptoms, also these are my 1st babies so i have nothing to compare them too, xx

Baboo and EmzLouize, is there a history of twins in your families or are they identical twins? This has been playing on my mind since I found out I was preggers. My maternal grandpa's brother and sister were twins and my cousin has twin girls (her mum and my mum are sisters). I was also told my a medium years ago when I was 17 that I would have twin boys (and then a girl) and that was even before I knew there were twins in my family.

Baboo and EmzLouize, is there a history of twins in your families or are they identical twins? This has been playing on my mind since I found out I was preggers. My maternal grandpa's brother and sister were twins and my cousin has twin girls (her mum and my mum are sisters). I was also told my a medium years ago when I was 17 that I would have twin boys (and then a girl) and that was even before I knew there were twins in my family.

mine are identical twins, and there is no history of twins even if they wer fraternal x

hiya, yeah my husbands grandad was a twin and my twins are fraternal ( well their almost sure lol). I think his grans sister was a twin as well lol, ohh when do you have your scan so you can find out for sure
xx

Thanks everyone. I wondered because I have been hoping / praying for twins! My grandma had twins (my aunts) that were fraternal - girls (looked nothing alike and personalities were different)... Apparently there are twins on my husband's side too, although I've read that if your mother or grandmother had twins you have a higher chance of having them, but your husband's side doesn't really matter. It is supposedly determined by maternal genes. Not to say that if your mother or grandmother didn't have twins that you won't... but if they did your chances are definitely increased. This is for fraternal twins of course. Identical twins can happen to anyone. That's what I've read at least. We'll see. I would LOVE to have twins! :)

I had no signs Just a scan. Twins actually run in my family, My Moms Mother Is a twin franternal.

hiya, yeah my husbands grandad was a twin and my twins are fraternal ( well their almost sure lol). I think his grans sister was a twin as well lol, ohh when do you have your scan so you can find out for sure
xx

I don't have a date yet. I'll just have to wait and see.

hi there. I too would love to have twins. i'm 13 weeks preg gp says i will get my first scan at 20 weeks. i have 2 children and i feel so so different this time sicker more tired boobs sorer etc now i'm getting dark brown spotting which is worrying. i first did a test when i was 6 weeks but it was neg but gut feeling kept telling me i still was so did another at 7 weeks and was pos that same gut feeling is telling me there is more than one but prob just wishful thinking. i keep getting this feelin that i'm havin 2 boys and a girl ( I know i'm greedy) i got off so lightly with my other 2 pregnancies but this time there is just something so diff. maybe it's just all in my head. i'l have to wait till after x-mass to find out.

Maybe get a private dating scan ? google to find one local x

aawwww i wud love twins seriousley ;)
good luck xx

My dad keeps teasing me that either me or my friend is having twins, n the thought is scaring me lol, but never mind im sure we would cope but im prettey sure there is just one lol xx

There is 2 sets of twins, and 1 set of triplets on my husbands side of the family. I heard that twins run on the girls side of the family. Anyone heard that too??

My MIL informed me that her Auntie was one of twins and that she swears my DH was one of 2 and that she lost one v early during the pregnancy, am not sure what I make of it - I guess what will be will be............ aaaarrrgghhhhh!! lol

Twins have nothing to do with the father unless he is releasing an extra egg as well as sperm. Having twins will only come from the mothers side. That being said however, if the father has twins on his side or is a twin he can pass that gene on to the unborn baby you share if it is a girl....which is why they say it can skip a generation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"