Those who are TTC#4 or more........

Movinmama

I have 3 kiddos!
Reaction score
Hi ladies,
I have a question. We haVE A 4 bedroom house, a comfortable income, and i stay home. We currently have 3 kiddos 6, 4, and 2. I cant stop thinking about having another, but i fear the logistics of sports scheduels and recitals. Also the cost for vacations. These are vain reasons to not have another.. so I was wondering how do you manage it all? My hubby works away 3weeks and then home 3weeks all year round. Part of me feels like we should be done, but a huge part of me cant stop wanting another. Any advice please please TIA!
:hugs:

I really don't have any advice.... but we are also ttc #4 my other 3 are 11,9, 2!! We also have a 4 bedroom and comfortable income!! My main concerns are that my older ones are about to start school sports... they already play little kid sports... managing 1 little one is hard enough..... but 2..... however I feel like it will all be worth it.... no matter how difficult.... and we will make it work!

Well, I was a single mother, worked full time, very low income and raised 4 children. You make it work. I had no support no family nothing. I may not have been able to afford sports teams etc, but they certainly participated in school athletics (I have a track/volleyball star) and I went to all recitals ( no matter how horrifying and boring they are, bless them) Working full time I occasionally miss a couple of things, but I am there for the big ones that count. I sometimes do phone parent teacher interviews but it all works out. I am now married, more income than I used to ( I got a better job 2 years ago), but I wouldn't say "comfortable" but I make more than I used to and my husband is a provider (he is a full time mechanic) and we are trying for #5. 1st for him. We make it work and if I ever get blessed with 5 or even 6 we will make do then. I dont think my kids have ever done with out. I am originally from the carribean where I grew up very poor, and sometimes you make the best of what little you have. I think sometimes you can make a couple small sacrifices for the bigger picture. It is an amazing experience being a mom, much less multiple kids. BTW ladies, just to put my experience into perspective, I had a baby in 1998, 1999 & 2001. That pampers newborn or sz 1, pampers sz 3 and pampers sz 5 all at once LOL! No car, taking public transit to dr's appts, with a toddler holding my hand, one in stroller, one in snugli!...I think you ladies would be JUST fine.. Go for it!!!!! :)

i am more concered about managing the activities getting them to and fro. When i mentioned we had a comfortable income i meant to say im not worried about that part of it. The only part i am worried about is the logistics of 4. But thank you for your story, you are a very strong mama tryn4. Crazy84 i also cant picture my family without one more little one running around. I think it will be worth it too. I just need some advice on how to organize and manage it all. you know?

I do know what you mean!! My big kids are so busy with activities...... they have a different dad than my husband... so luckily he helps me get them too and from everything!! I am sure it can be done though!!! Women tend to be like super woman when they become mommas!! The unknown is scary..especially knowing it will be hectic!! But we can do it! :) we will just be busy busy busy for the next 18+ years! Haha so worth it though huh?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->