Those who have a baby going to nursery - please help!!

Broodypants

Mum to Erin and Samuel
Reaction score
How long did it take for your little ones to settle and become happy going to nursery?

I start back at work tomorrow :sad2: I'm only doing two and half days a week and Erin is going into a nursery for the mornings and then my Mum will be picking her up on my full days at about two o'clock.

She's been having some settling in sessions but really isn't happy with it and I feel so guilty about leaving her! She's becoming very clingy at home too, poor mite.

Just wondering how much longer this is likely to go on for!!!

Thanks for your help! x

My son is coming up to 8 months and has been at nursery three mornings a week (so similar) since he was 5 months.

He's not particularly clingy, but doesn't really like strangers much. He cried for the first few weeks when we left him, but now he loves nursery. Once we get there his key worker gets a massive smile and sometimes even a laugh. I'm sure once your daughter gets to know the staff and the other children she will settle in fine. But I know it's hard. Hopefully it won't last too long for you!

:hugs: it's hard Hun but they do have a lovely time. LO started nursery at 8 months and settled quickly. Best thing is to say goodbye so LO doesn't think you've just disappeared even if you have leave them crying.

I used to work in nurseries and have never known a child to cry all day. X

How old is she? Mine started at 4 months and was happy to go until around 6 months when separation anxiety started. Then I guess she'd cry for a minute when we left, have a lovely time all day then cry when we came to get her. :haha: There's another bit of separation anxiety around 8-9 months as well (at least for us, daycare workers said it's a common age). Overall mine loves it though. I'm sure she'd rather daddy and I stayed to play with her there, but she still has a great time :)

Mine has been going for two mornings per week since she was 5 months old, she loves it, to be honest, we've never had a problem with it....yet!!

my LOwas very clingy and she settled completely within a few days! she Lived nursery.
try not to worry, you LO will be fine!

Thank you so much everyone! She's nearly eleven months. She's a very easy going baby so I'm hoping she won't take too long to adjust.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->