Those who have been pregnant... What made you test?

Discussion in 'Not Trying, Not Preventing' started by 1Casey27, Oct 12, 2013.

1. 1Casey27

1Casey27 Well-Known Member

I'm just curious. What symptoms made you test?

2. MoldyVoldy

MoldyVoldy Khaleesi

welllllllllllllllll

i tested many times because of irregular periods and weird feelings in my lower belly (heaviness and twinges). i also had been on antibiotics while having unprotected sex. my tests were NEGATIVE....

but i was totally pregnant lol.

i had irregular periods so didn't think twice when the next month i didn't get my period. but apparently i should have tested that month, too. because i didn't find out i was pregnant until i was 16 weeks. 16 freaking weeks!

that's NOT happening this time around LOL. i've learned too much about my body to let that happen.

i've been testing every month for a few months now just because i'm so afraid of missing the first tri again.

sorry i didn't really answer your question..

3. 1Casey27

I couldn't imagine not finding out until 16 weeks!

4. Button#

Button# Well-Known Member

I tested at least once a week with an internet cheapy test from when I stopped the pill. So I'd say boredom while waiting for my bath to run made me test. I'd had no symptoms whatsoever.

I did learn one important thing though. Test in the morning because a positive pregnancy test just before bed really mucks up your sleep!

5. MoldyVoldy

MoldyVoldy Khaleesi

yes. symptom wise, looking back i had gained weight. however, at the time i was dealing with food issues and honestly thought it was that). i did experience some nausea, HOWEVER, it was flu season. yes, i missed a period BUT my periods were irregular and it was normal for me to use my BC as directed and still miss a period. i didn't start to show until 18 weeks, and even then it could be mistaken for bloat. by 20 weeks it was obvious, however. and i felt him move for the first time at 20 weeks as well.

since having my son i am SO in tune with my body, and lucky for me my cycle is very normal :)

but dang. i couldn't believe my doctor when he said i was 16 weeks. my mouth=open wide and jaw was on.the.floor.

6. 1Casey27

I'm sure! But I'm glad you had a healthy pregnancy and baby!

7. MoldyVoldy

MoldyVoldy Khaleesi

i'm very lucky for the health of my son. :) i love the little man more than anything.

8. Bmama

Bmama Mommy & expecting #2!

The main symptom that made me test was the cramping I had a week before my period was due. Normally i get cramps the day of AF, so these cramps were new and different for me. I remember my boobs feeling different too and having slight nausea.

I also couldn't imagine finding out at 16 weeks! Especially when you had bfns!

9. Susie28

Susie28 Mummy to two Princesses<3

I initially tested because my period was late...but I got two negative tests, so I waited a couple more days and when I started to get cramps but still no period, I tested again, and it was positive this time. I was also really tired all the time but didn't think nothing of it because I had just returned to work after the school summer holidays so figured that the tiredness was just due to being back at work :flower:

10. maybenumber3

maybenumber3 Well-Known Member

with my first i got heart burn/reflux from water that was it.. i was around 9DPO with my second a different story... i was still breastfeeding #1 and started to slow down so i could have a cycle as the whole year i nursed no periods came even after i stopped breastfeeding no period i tested every week BFN called the dr they said my body was just still trying to regulate itself whatever....i started to show a nice small round ball and still BFN lol i knew i was finally at 12 weeks i tested pos :) and 12 weeks later he was born due to torn placenta

11. Luvspnk31

Luvspnk31 Well-Known Member

My cycles at the time were really irregular at the time, so missing wasn't really unusual. I remember just not " feeling like myself" more irritable, listless, just weird. I decided to test because we had been trying , and I remember thinking if I wasn't pg, the something was wrong with me, lol. I was pg!!!

12. babyjan

babyjan Mum&expecting#2

Well the main reason was I really wanted a baby and of course the sore boobs, constant dizziness, my period wasnt late though I think I tested a few days before I missed it and lovely bfp!

I still remember having so much cramping as though my period was coming which made me panic a lot.

13. NotNic

NotNic Mummy to 2 boys xx

I got the tiniest amount of spotting (which wasn't unusual for me) and when AF hadn't shown up 3 days later I had a strong inkling I was pg. I held off testing until a full week after the spotting and I think I would have been shocked to have got a BFN. I just knew. In hindsight I experienced extreme thirst and a craving for a caramel bite from Starbucks. I would check all of the stores near me at lunchtime to find one. :D

14. CosplayMummy

CosplayMummy Alani - 9lb 1oz

I had been being constantly sick since week three. I just thought it was an illness. My partner and mum knew before I did. Even my cats knew before I did! They stayed closer to me than usual.

15. Sweety21

Sweety21 Well-Known Member

Hi Hun. I am FTM, the things that made me tests are:

1. I felt strong implantation pain after week and half of DTD also, followed by implantation bleeding present only when I wiped for 2-3days( thought it was my period coming early).
    2. Hot flashes
    3. Nose bleed
    4. Waking up way early than normal like 3-4 am continuously which is odd for me for no reason. Infact I got bfp like at 4 am in morning.
    5. Continuous eye twitch.

Sorry it is long list but, these all were totally weird things for me so I tested.