those who have breast fed b4??

emzlouize

mum 2 Aidan & Angel Mason
Reaction score
im jst wandering how long it takes to express an average bottle of milk?? are ya there all day? lol
x

I tried and tried and tried to express, and couldnt do it!! Not everybody can!! In the end i gave up cos it just made me sore and i felt like i was a cow being milked :rofl:

xx

After ur milk comes in it only takes 5-10 mins (for me anyways)

I tried and tried and tried to express, and couldnt do it!! Not everybody can!! In the end i gave up cos it just made me sore and i felt like i was a cow being milked :rofl:

xx

omg really? :( i want to express ! :hissy:

I couldn't for the first to babys but ive only tried a hand pump...

..with the 3rd i managed it, still using a hand pump but a diffrent kind and i was more relaxed......doing it in the bath was good, i could fill a little bottle in 5 mins xxxxx

If you are set on expressing i would definatley buy an electric pump, i didnt and i think that was my problem. I know lots of ladies who have used electric ones and pumped away quite happily. medela is the ones that they would recommend. Anyone used one?
xx

I couldn't for the first to babys but ive only tried a hand pump...

..with the 3rd i managed it, still using a hand pump but a diffrent kind and i was more relaxed......doing it in the bath was good, i could fill a little bottle in 5 mins xxxxx

could you still breast feed though? x

Yer id feed from one boob and express from the other, then next time swap boobs ;)

I used to just freeze my expressed milk....i only really did it because i could and i used to for making up baby rice when it was weening time xxxx

I BF for 18 months and when Violet was about 6 weeks old I tried using a hand pump and expressing a few times but it took me ages just to express just a couple of ounces. So I gave up trying and V wasnt interested in taking a bottle of expressed milk anyway so there wasn't any point!

Baci xx

I breastfed and in the beginning it just poured out of me!! Id fill a bottle in a few mins and I had a hand pump expresser. I would also freeze my breast milk for emergencys when id have to leave my little boy. I breastfed til he was 18 months, but I stopped day feeds at a year so up until a year I was like a cow, always milk to be had, as i said sometimes id put zac on one side and express of the other just to put away in case of doc appoints etc.
It hurts in the beginning but in my opinion its so worth it, and its so easy!!!

I breastfed and in the beginning it just poured out of me!! Id fill a bottle in a few mins and I had a hand pump expresser. I would also freeze my breast milk for emergencys when id have to leave my little boy. I breastfed til he was 18 months, but I stopped day feeds at a year so up until a year I was like a cow, always milk to be had, as i said sometimes id put zac on one side and express of the other just to put away in case of doc appoints etc.
It hurts in the beginning but in my opinion its so worth it, and its so easy!!!

does it hurt bad?? how long does it hurt for hehe?

i breast fed both mine and intent on breast feeding again. i didn't find it painful at all. its making sure you get positioning of baby right, if it hurts they're not latched on properly and need repositioning. i expressed withelectric pump, bit noisy but worked well.

i breast fed both mine and intent on breast feeding again. i didn't find it painful at all. its making sure you get positioning of baby right, if it hurts they're not latched on properly and need repositioning. i expressed withelectric pump, bit noisy but worked well.

are you having twins?

I did it for 4 months. It hurts quite bad in the beginning I'd have tears rolling down my face, then u sort of toughen up and it's great. i loved it felt really close to my dd. Expressing wise it used to take me ages using a hand pump...I remember once I did it took me bout an hour and my OH tipped it over OMG I could have killed him...lol. x

are you having twins?

don't think so non in family, but feel sick enough for two!! lol
congrats on your twins, its so special to have 2!! i know people that have b/f 2 hard work but can be done!, lots of pillows!!!!

are you having twins?

don't think so non in family, but feel sick enough for two!! lol
congrats on your twins, its so special to have 2!! i know people that have b/f 2 hard work but can be done!, lots of pillows!!!!

haha aww i can imagnine! i thaught u wer avin twins coz of the two tickers the same hehe! silly me! x

With my electric pump about 5~10 mins by time bubs was 3 wks i was 24 hrs in front of him with milk supply lol

my word it made my toes curl!! :rofl: but with nipple cream and breast shields at times when they were really sore but i remember my midwife told me after so long they would leather up :rofl: and after a week id cracked it, at times i was like ohhhh noooo hes awake and i have to get my nips out!!! I had baby latched on ok, trust me u know when u havent! just some ladies take a bit of getting used to it but saying all that, i have every intention of doing it this time and it doesnt hurt for long! (for me anyways!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->