those with 2 boys - bath question :)

Wriggley

Reaction score
Hi all

are you planning on bathing your newborn baby in a baby bath or are you getting a newborn seat and putting him in the tub with big bro??

Oooh not sure actually but it seems fastest and most economical to bathe them both together. Maybe it would be easier when the second baby is a little older though hmm?

Oooh not sure actually but it seems fastest and most economical to bathe them both together. Maybe it would be easier when the second baby is a little older though hmm?

this was my thinking too but with a decent sturdy seat for the newborn and im still pretty funny about the bath products my son uses etc so there not going to be much difference plus my OH is home during bath time sop he can help me :)

I'll be bathing my kids separately for at least the first 6 months or so.

My oldest will only be 16 months old when his little brother is born, and he likes to splash and drum and do all sorts of fun things that would be dangerous for the newborn. I like keeping bath time fun for him, so I'm not gonna spoil it by putting a gentle little baby in the tub with him. However, once my little baby is big enough to enjoy splashing and won't be pushed over by his big bro's waves or be likely to choke on water splashed in his face, I'll try bathing them together and see how it goes. It would be nice to do one "bath time" instead of having to do the two separately, but my 13 month old is REALLY rough in the tub!

First of all, who cares if they are boys or girls? Little kids can bathe together :)
I have two now that are 2.5 yrs apart. I started to bathe them together when the youngest could sit up, about five months. Before that, babies don't need baths every night, and it was rosier to sponge bath most nights while my other was in the tub. By the time this one is sitting up, my oldest should have moved on to showers :)

First of all, hi cars if they are boys or girls? Little kids can bathe together :)
I have two now that are 2.5 yrs apart. I started to bathe them together when the youngest could sit up, about five months. Before that, babies don't need baths every night, and it was rosier to sponge bath most nights while my other was in the tub. By the time this one is sitting up, my oldest should have moved on to showers :)

sorry hun didnt mean to cause offense just said 2 boys coz thats what i have lol!

#1 is a girl and #2 will be a boy.

i am planning to bathe them together as soon as #2 is old enough to sit up. there will be 2 years 3 months difference between my kids.

Ill probably bathe them seperatly because lo is a whirl wind in the bath and its our little play time in the evening so I dont want to ruin it for him by making him sit calmly in the bath.
First few weeks will probably be sponge washes and then when we do start using a baby bath I want lo to sit and help which I think he will love then while oh is drying and dressing the baby ill give lo his bath so he can splash around.
Once baby is around 8 months ill start bathing them together (god help my floor them)

thanks ladies - didnt think about some of the points said so we going to bath seperately :) thank you

Yeah my son will be 18 months so might be a little too rough in the bath with a newborn. I only bathed my son once a week when he was younger, so not so worried about that really. As soon as the new baby can sit in the bath seat they can share, so maybe 5 months?

We will be having no.2 and tbh i found the baby bath a faff to big and bulky to store so when we bathed her in between sponge baths we just cleaned the kitchen sink and used that or she had abath with one of us .was also at a nice height as I was still recovering from spd and not bending over a bath all the time . So will do the same in the early days.

For the first 3-6 months I will be bathing DS2 in a baby bath but once he can properly sit in the bath seats I will probably bath them together.

First couple of months I used the baby bath, then I put Eddy into the big bath but in an inch or so of water (he was too big for the baby bath lol) and then topped it up once he was finished and bathed Earl. Since he's been sitting up confidently I put them in together but leave Earl to have a mess about with the bath toys and a splash while I get Eddy dressed (on the landing, just outside the bathroom lol).

Whatever works well for you. Not sure about number 3. Will probably keep it as is, until youngest is sitting well and then switch Earl to bathing on his own. Or it can just be a free-for-all lol :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->