Those with more than one.....

wtbmummy

Reaction score
Is it hard to juggle your time???

I'm so scared that if we have another ds will become left out and wont get the attention he deserves. Atm hes always ahead of milestones because I spend a lot of time playing and reading to him. I just keep thinking if we have two I will have to share my love and split my time.
I just dont want him to ever think hes forgotten.
I want ds to have a sibling because I was an only child and I know the things that come with it, but I would rather him be an only child and have all my attention then to ever feel hes not getting what he needs....

Is this just another silly worry?? Does it just fall into place? He will be about 2 n a half when baby two arrives. I keep thinking as he will be older he will understand more and cope better.

Anyones experiances to ease my worries???

Its still early days for my 2 yet but it kind of has all just fallen into place. I did have to lower my expectations though and give myself a break. Its not possible for me to give my DS1 the same attention as before and he has to wait for things he didn't before but I make sure we have quality time together when DS2 naps and I make sure he's included in everything regarding the baby. I read to him while feeding Finley, I sit on the floor with Finley on his mat and we play with his toys. Freddie adores his baby brother and its taken some figuring out and I'm sure it will get harder but the bond between the 2 of them is completely worth it. Also as they get older I'm hoping they'll amuse each other, a nice bonus!

As a mum of 3 I would say that it kind of comes naturally. I don't necessarily set out to spend time with each of them daily and make sure they each feel loved. It's what you do as a mum anyway. My 3 boys are such individuals and demand what they need, then I try to give them extra too. Bedtime is important, as is time as a family.

Try not to worry although it is natural and we've all been there, no matter how many we have. Things will work out how they are supposed to. :flower:

I have this worry too! Although rather than feel bad about my LG feeling left out I actually feel worried about baby number 2 because I look at her face and I think to myself, how could I possibly love another human being as much as I love her??? We aren't trying for number 2 until next year but it's something im already thinking about. I spoke to my mum about it recently and she told me she had the exact same worry when she was pregnant with my little sister but when she got here it all just came to her the same way it did with me and it just felt as though her heart grew bigger to fit everyone in. I really hope it happens that way for me x

Yes, it is at first. That first year is probably the hardest because you will have to dedicate the majority of your time to your youngest, whilst your oldest sort of takes a back seat. But I will say that a baby carrier saved me when I had more than one because I could carry my son, do what I needed to get done around the house, and still do things/pay attention to my oldest.

Now that my DS is over a year and a half I am probably juggling time between then at 60/40. I like to make "dates" with them. Some days I will take DS out and leave DD with DH, and other days I will only take DD out and leave DS with DH.

I worried about that too and had a whole strategy planned to make sure I spent enough time with my daughter and she felt loved and included in everything.
She was about 3 when I started thinking about another child and 4 1/2 when I actually gave birth to her brother.

I had been worried for nothing because her enthusiasm and joy from before the birth continued and even when I offered her go do something just me and her after her brother was born, she refused and wanted him to come along. Even now, at nearly 8 years old, she has this same attitude of wanting her brother around. :)

I worried about that too and had a whole strategy planned to make sure I spent enough time with my daughter and she felt loved and included in everything.
She was about 3 when I started thinking about another child and 4 1/2 when I actually gave birth to her brother.

I had been worried for nothing because her enthusiasm and joy from before the birth continued and even when I offered her go do something just me and her after her brother was born, she refused and wanted him to come along. Even now, at nearly 8 years old, she has this same attitude of wanting her brother around. :)

Aw you have a Nora too! And she sounds like my DD, always wanting her brother to come along. I had left him behind one day and she was upset saying we forgot Everett :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->