Though's with 3 year age gaps...

princess_bump

Happy Wife & Mumma!
Reaction score
Hope this is in the right place, but thought it would be a good place to post with having toddlers :D
Maddi will be 3 years and 3 months when (hopefully) little lamb is here :happydance:
we're in a fantastic routine so baby should just fit in i suppose, we can't wait!

Buggy wise, i was thinking of going for a buggy board? We hardly use maddi's buggy any more, and for longer shopping trips with mum or james, we can take two separates.

So... what do I need to know :lol:i'm sure there's something i haven't thought about!

I don't have experience but I would do the same with buggy I think! I don't think I would buy a double. I think the buggy boards look good.

That sounds like a nice age gap :)

thank you claire :D i was starting to wonder if i was being nieve (sp?!) in thinking that, but i think we've used the buggy once this year, for a long trip to the mall.
its the age gap we've wanted since maddi was 6 months, i think whenever you have them it's perfect for you, but i'm sooooo excited about ours :D

Bigger age gap here of 5yrs 5 months! Eeek!! I have forgotten everything!!

I was thinking about Madi, she will have just started nursery, so thats nice in a way, gives you and baby some time. Youve done a fab job with Madi - such a perfect routine (so jealous!) and like i said before a baby will be a breeze for you! :yipee:

We had about the same age gap between my 2 girls and I just used a buggy board. They are a bit of a pain though cos I kept kicking it and found I had to walk with my arms really stretched. So daisy used to just jump on when she had had enough of walking. Not as soon as we left the house. And I would keep it strapped up.

But then she started pre-school in the september so used to try and do the shopping while she was there and tried to go for walks to the park etc when I had someone else with me.

awww thank you toyah :hugs: i hope it's a breeze! i've thought of all the ways we'll do all the practically things when ttc, reckon we're muddle through and find our feet in the end :D

nikki - thank you for that, it's really helpful, i had heard that about buggy boards. it's good to hear from someone with similar gap :D

Hayden will be about 3yrs 8mo when this baby is born (our biggest age gap) and we won't be doing anything. I bought the UppaBaby Vista and they have a rumble seat add on thing that I have thought of because he's still small enough but I really think I'm just going to skip any of that with him. I figure IF he really needs to be in it for some reason I will always have my sling for the baby so I could stick him in that and Hayden in the stroller

i am not going to buy a double or buggy board to begin with, as i got a summer baby coming i was going to use wrap and walk belle or she can go in her pram which she hates now anyway i will see how it pans out at its 60 quid for the one for my pram i dont want to buy it and waste lol
Lou
xxx

thanks Gem :D
Mo3 - it's good to hear your advice tbh, especially with having different age gaps :D Wrap or sling is a great idea, we only had a carrier for Maddi, but am planning on carrying this one more, so def. gives us another option :D
Lou, i'm thinking the same tbh hon, not buying a board until baby is here, that way we can see exactly how we get on :D

First off, congrats on your little bean!
If we'd had our way, Ella would have been a little older than she is going to be when her brother arrives. Nearer 3 would have been good for me, but such things don't happen at the exact time you want.
Do you think you could have Maddi toilet trained by the time the new baby arrives? Could just be one less thing you need to worry about when the new baby is here.
I would wait and see with the buggy. Maddi may be well and truly ready to walk almost everywhere by then. If she's not, then you can re-evaluate nearer to the time.

Hi my eldest was 2yrs and 10 mths when her sister was born, and I didnt use a double buggy, as Lauryn was very independent even at that age, and hated being in her buggy, so it would have been a wasted expense! She got on great with the walking places, never complained once and found buggy's were only for babies anyhow!! Seen as she was all grown up now as she had this little sister to look after :haha:
Also Lauryn was completly toilet trained by the time her sister arrived which was a huge relief.
Congrats and good luck with your new addition x

My boys are almost 3 years apart. We don't use a stroller though. ds1 can either walk or be in the Ergo on DH's back. And ds2 is always in a carrier.

mine are just over 3 yrs appart, we never bought a buggy board, as ewan would rather walk anywhere, the fun starts when the eldest starts school! robyn was 9 months old when ewan started school so it ws getting in to a routine for the school run.

i didnt even realise you were expecting hun,congratulations :)
We were thinking of doing the same tbh,Connah will be 2 years 1month and right now were at the stage where he doesnt like the pram. We will keep connahs pram to take on longer trips out like you.

the only other thing we thought of was to wear baby no2 and have connah in the pram for a little while longer :shrug: unsure right now though xxx

Yea it is a nice age gap i think. You can get the mummy and baby time when the older one goes to preschool and you can catch up on a bit of sleep while they are away aswell. My 2 love eachother so much! (although they want to tear eachothers hair out half the time!) the LO really misses her sister now she's in school all day.

We did have a few issues at the beginning with daisy wanting to pick Eden up all the time. She was constantly touching and kissing her which is lovely but when you trying to let them sleep it can be frustrating! Just watch your little girl doesn't try what mine did one day. I was hoovering, someone knocked at the door so I went to answer it and come back to daisy trying to Hoover Eden up!!! She said she was messy! She was only a week old :dohh:

Noah will be 2 weeks short of 2 years old when the new baby is born. I think this age gap works for us as Noah is in a good routine and he is very active. I think it would be good to have another little one for him to play with and learn to share with. However baby number 3 will be waiting for at least 5 years! I think the buggy board sounds perfect. Hubby thinks we should get one for Noah but I think a double would be a good idea. If we don't everytime Noah wants to be held Hubby will have too!!

I've been wondering this! Oliver is so independent though. I think I'll stick to the carrier to start with and see how things go. I can't bear spending money on things that aren't used!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->