Thought about Clearblue Fertility Monitor?? Worth it?

Vickster1

Reaction score
Hi All,

Just wondering whether any of have used the Clearblue fertility monitor?? Do you think it's worth it? And how did it work for everyone?

I don't want to spend all that money on something that might not work!

Popping in, was in WTT for a long time (over 3 years!)

I used the CBFM, loved it and indeed got pregnant first month trying. I'm only popping in to tell you that you can buy them used on ebay, etc. because bodily fluids do not actually touch the monitor. They are much cheaper that way! It can easily be reset to your cycle and the instruction manual can be found online. I purchased mine for $40 on ebay. Worked perfectly, and has now resulted in three babies (2 for the original owner).

Just a consideration for you! Good luck!

I just mine after my mc and fell pregnant the first month of using it so I'd say they are worth it. I do tend to become a poas addict and found myself testing using those sticks as they were all I had in and that was crazy expensive!

How do they work? I was interested in buying one also but would like to know how you use it? Thanks for mentioning that it is ok to buy from eBay as they are quite expensive, worth it if you get a quick bfp though I suppose xx

How do they work? I was interested in buying one also but would like to know how you use it? Thanks for mentioning that it is ok to buy from eBay as they are quite expensive, worth it if you get a quick bfp though I suppose xx

The monitor reads your urine sample for two different hormones and using that information gives you an extended fertile period in which you can get pregnant. The best chance of getting pregnant occurs before you ovulate- by having sperm waiting on the eggie! You simply follow the instructions on the CBFM for testing. If you purchase it used (highly recommend!!) then you purchase new sticks (also available on ebay, amazon, etc. for cheaper than in stores) and reset the monitor, then set the monitor once your cycle begins (instruction manual tells you how to do this, you push a button until it says the CD you're on, can be set at any point between CD1-5). Every morning in the same three hour time frame you turn the monitor on. If it wants you to test, it asks you for a stick. If it doesn't need a stick, it flashes your fertility level defaulted at "low." On the days that you insert a stick, it will flash low, high or peak- peak being ovulation happening soon. After the peak, you automatically get a second peak, followed by a high then a low so you can stop testing at that point and simply re-insert a used stick if you choose. I continued using new sticks, just in case!

The monitor starts testing on CD 6 for your first cycle until it "learns" your cycle. I used it for one cycle before we tried, to give it a chance to learn my cycle. I usually O'ed on CD 15, the cycle we got preggo I O'ed on CD 16 or 17 (can't remember now!) and thought for sure either the monitor missed it or I wasn't going to ovulate. Wrong! I also used regular ovulation sticks and got my positive on it on the second peak day for the monitor, just to double check. You can ovulate either of those days, it just depends on your body and cycle and hormone levels first thing in the morning.

I hope this helps, there is a ton of info online! The instruction manual is online too if you would like look at that first. Good luck!

Wow thank you Brenn09, that is really helpful. Think I may have to invest in one!

Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy, not long to go! Xx

And Castaway Bride that's amazing that it worked on your first cycle three times! Until I started to read up about ttc I naively didn't even realise how small the time window is to actually fall pregnant every month x

how many days do you have to conceive then? 1?

Sperm can live up to 7 days in the woman, and although women only ovulate once per cycle most times the egg is viable for up to 24 hours. The cbfm identifies up to 6 fertile days.

I personally conceived through sex four days before I ovulated. We did not have sex any other time during my fertile period. We were taking a relaxed approach and letting nature take its course that cycle. No pressure to have sex at a certain time, just being relaxed.

I want to sway for a girl so need to work out when I am ovulating to bd before ovulation only.

Sperm can live up to 7 days in the woman, and although women only ovulate once per cycle most times the egg is viable for up to 24 hours. The cbfm identifies up to 6 fertile days.

I personally conceived through sex four days before I ovulated. We did not have sex any other time during my fertile period. We were taking a relaxed approach and letting nature take its course that cycle. No pressure to have sex at a certain time, just being relaxed.

I too became pregnant 5 days before ovulation....sadly that was a blighted ovum but I believe that was due to I had surgery for an ankle injury (we stopped 5 days before thinking we would not conceive that cycle!)

I absolutely think the CBEFM is worth every penny...new or used. I got pregnant with my daughter our first month using the monitor. Now we are on our first month ttc #2 and we are hoping for the same good fortune :)

I bought mine off eBay and it was worth every penny, we conceived DD first month of using it. I got 3 days of high fertility before I got my peak, we dtd once a day during high fertility days and then once on my first day of peak, OH had to go away for work that evening for a week. We will definitely be using it next time around!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->